[My Little Powerhouse] - [NCASE M1] - 2017 upgrade

Are you going to show us pictures any time soon?

vacation starts on friday, so I should have time to make some photos in the next week(s) ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

That cooler looks awesome, I was wondering if you could see the fan's colour through the perforations? I want to get noctua fans not just for the bottom but the side and I don't want to be able to see lots of brown (would the fan filters make this less visible if it is currently)

mine's expected in the next weeks :D no one in north america has gotten their yet, i believe.

That cooler looks awesome, I was wondering if you could see the fan's colour through the perforations? I want to get noctua fans not just for the bottom but the side and I don't want to be able to see lots of brown (would the fan filters make this less visible if it is currently)

well yes, but not really, only very slightly. If you would put an fan filter in front you probably wouldn't see it at all.

OeiPqCvl.jpg

VoOJyfyl.jpg

thanks, if you can barely see it like the picture shows in real life then i'll definitely get noctua ftw

I think you should set both of those Noctua fans on intake and perhaps put another 80mm/92mm Noctua fan as an exhaust. But the build looks really good so far! I love the look of that case, but where are the 3.5'' drives mounted?

Also, I have a CM Geminii M4 and it does not cool very well. Honestly, I would recommend staying with the H60.

i5-4570 I CM Hyper 212 Evo I Corsair XMS3 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 RAM I Asus H87M-Pro I MSI R9-280X Twin Frozr I
Plextor M5S 128GB SSD I WD Blue 500GB HDDVantec Voltra 550W I Antec GX700 Modded

But the build looks really good so far! I love the look of that case, but where are the 3.5'' drives mounted?

Also, I have a CM Geminii M4 and it does not cool very well. Honestly, I would recommend staying with the H60.

I don't have any 3.5" in the case (yet). There is a mounting bracket which can be mounted right next to where the H60 sits now and hold up to two 3.5" drives.

The CM Geminii SF524 is a totally different beast than the M4. It is more than twice as heavy (heat sink weight only 210g vs 490g) and have a lot more cooling surface.

I don't have any 3.5" in the case (yet). There is a mounting bracket which can be mounted right next to where the H60 sits now and hold up to two 3.5" drives.

The CM Geminii SF524 is a totally different beast than the M4. It is more than twice as heavy (heat sink weight only 210g vs 490g) and have a lot more cooling surface.

Apologies, didn't notice that hahah.

I'm curious as how you managed to hold three 2.5" drives since there is only a bracket that can fit 2 of them together. Yeah, it looks pretty beastly for a low profile cooler. Let us know on what temps you are getting with it.

i5-4570 I CM Hyper 212 Evo I Corsair XMS3 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 RAM I Asus H87M-Pro I MSI R9-280X Twin Frozr I
Plextor M5S 128GB SSD I WD Blue 500GB HDDVantec Voltra 550W I Antec GX700 Modded

I'm curious as how you managed to hold three 2.5" drives since there is only a bracket that can fit 2 of them together. Yeah, it looks pretty beastly for a low profile cooler. Let us know on what temps you are getting with it.

you can actually mount up to 4x 2.5" drives on the front panel (2 on the inside, 2 on the outisde, as their are two sets of brackets to screw two drives together.

Zt1MClAl.jpg

1Y720ysl.jpg

@ cooler

I am currently using a low TDP i5 (3475S) which isn't overclocked yet (should go up to 3.6 on all cores and 4.0GHz in Turbo Boost) Almost any large heatsink should suffice. I am more concerend about quietness, than abosulte performance :D

you can actually mount up to 4x 2.5" drives on the front panel (2 on the inside, 2 on the outisde, as their are two sets of brackets to screw two drives together.

Zt1MClAl.jpg

1Y720ysl.jpg

@ cooler

I am currently using a low TDP i5 (3475S) which isn't overclocked yet (should go up to 3.6 on all cores and 4.0GHz in Turbo Boost) Almost any large heatsink should suffice. I am more concerend about quietness, than abosulte performance :D

Wow! that's great utilization of space, also your using a full sized PSU right?

no he's got an sfx silverstone 450 watter, best choice for the build if you were to want a gpu upgrade

yep, there are quite a lot mounting possibilities for hardrives considering the the size of the case. I don't know if the 3.5" cage fits together with the Z77N-WiFi and the Cooler Master Heatsink. In theory yes with a 120mm fan, but we will see.

and no, this is the Silverstone ST45SF PSU (80+Bronze) which came bundled with my SG05.

Wow, the brushed aluminium version looks amazing, loving this little build :)

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

yep, there are quite a lot mounting possibilities for hardrives considering the the size of the case. I don't know if the 3.5" cage fits together with the Z77N-WiFi and the Cooler Master Heatsink. In theory yes with a 120mm fan, but we will see.

and no, this is the Silverstone ST45SF PSU (80+Bronze) which came bundled with my SG05.

Would it be possible to fit a full sized PSU though?

yes but that limits the length of the graphics card to less than 20cm I believe

yes, there is a ATX bracket included, but then you

a) can't use the 3.5" mounting bracket, unless you are using a very low profile cpu heatsink.

b) you can only mount a 3.5" in the bottom.

c) If the ATX PSU is longer than 140mm you can only install a short pcb GPU ...

nsBi02Cm.jpg

MrSuperb, on 19 Dec 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

(almost) all done .... sneaky peaky :D

GrtJlI0.jpg

Is that a 90mm fan underneath the graphics card? Does it touches with the graphics card fan? The interior looks really clean btw. I like it :)

Is that a 90mm fan underneath the graphics card? Does it touches with the graphics card fan? The interior looks really clean btw. I like it :)

yep, it is a Noctua NF-B9 'ghetto'-mounted onto the GPU.

I have removed the original fan, because it was freakin loud. Now it stays cool as well, but is much much quieter.

I tried my best with cable management :D

MrSuperb, on 19 Dec 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

yep, it is a Noctua NF-B9 'ghetto'-mounted onto the GPU.

I have removed the original fan, because it was freakin loud. Now it stays cool as well, but is much much quieter.

I tried my best with cable management :D

You did really good with the cable management don't worry.

So how do you control the fan speed for the graphics card? Where did you connect that fan to?

You did really good with the cable management don't worry.

So how do you control the fan speed for the graphics card? Where did you connect that fan to?

thank you :)

The fan is directly connected to the gpu fan header (2 pin)

• 3 weeks later...

Great sleek build, love it!

• 3 weeks later...