iem advice

Byakuya32

I'm comparing the shure se 425 sennheiser ie80's and audio technica ath-e50's and i cant decide which ones to get i mostly listen to rock music a little metal and a fair amount of alternative and some punk like rise against.I do like a fair amount of bass but not so much that its boomy my previous par was a set of Bose turesound they just died on me.

2 hours ago, Byakuya32 said:

I'm comparing the shure se 425 sennheiser ie80's and audio technica ath-e50's and i cant decide which ones to get i mostly listen to rock music a little metal and a fair amount of alternative and some punk like rise against.I do like a fair amount of bass but not so much that its boomy my previous par was a set of Bose turesound they just died on me.

SE425 has a much better (imo) sound than the ie80. I can't really comment on the ATH IEMs, as I've never actually tried them. That being said, I would suggest that you should grab the 425. They're one of my favorite universal IEMs out there, with the only possible exception being the SE535 LTD. 

If you're able to spend another $100 or so, I would also suggest the 64 audio A2e. I currently use them as my daily drivers and they are fantastic. Plus, being customs, they're insanely comfy.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

7 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

SE425 has a much better (imo) sound than the ie80. I can't really comment on the ATH IEMs, as I've never actually tried them. That being said, I would suggest that you should grab the 425. They're one of my favorite universal IEMs out there, with the only possible exception being the SE535 LTD. 

If you're able to spend another $100 or so, I would also suggest the 64 audio A2e. I currently use them as my daily drivers and they are fantastic. Plus, being customs, they're insanely comfy.

thanks but my max budget is $300 max and i found all theese paris on sale for 300 from different sites the ie 80's amazon, the shures zzsounds, and the audio technicas headphones canada what i am able to find on them is that they use a balanced driver

Hi im looking for a new set of earbuds preferably audiophile grade with a max budget of $300 cad i am considering the sennheiser ie 80's on same at amazon for 300 im gooding for a good pair for rock music with a little emphasis on the bass my previous pair was a set of bose true sounds they just died on me and before that was an x series of klipsh x4i which I loved the sound but died.A similar sounding pair with a bit more bass would be nice I listen to alot of guns n roses and 3 doors down

Hi im looking for a new set of earbuds preferably audiophile grade with a max budget of $300 cad i am considering the sennheiser ie 80's on same at amazon for 300 im gooding for a good pair for rock music with a little emphasis on the bass my previous pair was a set of bose true sounds they just died on me and before that was an x series of klipsh x4i which I loved the sound but died.A similar sounding pair with a bit more bass would be nice I listen to alot of guns n roses and 3 doors down

Threads merged. FIY, posting the same thread multiple times is considered spamming.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !