£600 PC for Gaming (Pre-Built)

Hi,

I am trying to help a friend of mine go from a laptop to a full PC. As such, he needs a tower, screen and keyboard (he already has a mouse and headset).

He told me that he wants the build to be a max of £600 pounds and more importantly, a prebuilt PC.

Thanks in Advance

If I have solved your issue, please mark the thread as solved! Thanks!

1 minute ago, Whotos said:

Hi,

I am trying to help a friend of mine go from a laptop to a full PC. As such, he needs a tower, screen and keyboard (he already has a mouse and headset).

He told me that he wants the build to be a max of £600 pounds and more importantly, a prebuilt PC.

Thanks in Advance

Tell him with a prebuilt you would get a shit PSU, (possible) ugly case, pretty crap motherboard (sometimes) loud coolers and fans, iGPUs, Pentiums and Celerons, and 4gb of RAM. With a build-it-yourself, you get an i3 or i5, 8-16gb of RAM, 1tb HDD and SSDs, good GPUs, nice PSUs, and pretty cases. See what I mean?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

600 is really low for a pre build system if you build by yourself it will be a lot cheaper

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Tell him with a prebuilt you would get a shit PSU, (possible) ugly case, pretty crap motherboard (sometimes) loud coolers and fans, iGPUs, Pentiums and Celerons, and 4gb of RAM. With a build-it-yourself, you get an i3 or i5, 8-16gb of RAM, 1tb HDD and SSDs, good GPUs, nice PSUs, and pretty cases. See what I mean?

I have been for about a month along with a couple of friends but he is insistent. Do you have any pre-built recommendations? 

I have been for about a month along with a couple of friends but he is insistent. Do you have any pre-built recommendations? 

You build him a system, and put a Dell or HP sticker on it.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, Whotos said:

well,you build one computer and sell it for him. In theory it is still a perbuild system by you. The best value you can get is a PS4 pro which is prebuild

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

You can think about any case is a pre-build, it just miss CPU PSU GPU etc, just like some pre-build do not have memory and hard drive

2 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

well,you build one computer and sell it for him. In theory it is still a perbuild system by you. The best value you can get is a PS4 pro which is prebuild

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

He wants a link to buy it from, preferably a reputable company, so I can not do this

He wants a link to buy it from, preferably a reputable company, so I can not do this

i think the best you can do is some company sell parts and charge you some money for put them together, that is also pre-build right?

1 minute ago, zehao39 said:

i think the best you can do is some company sell parts and charge you some money for put them together, that is also pre-build right?

Whatever link I can give him that gives him the best components for £600 that is a pre-built is good. Do you have any suggestions?

4 minutes ago, Whotos said:

If he wants a link, put a hyperlink onto some Dell or HP link, then send it to him.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

If he wants a link, put a hyperlink onto some Dell or HP link, then send it to him.

He has to be able to buy it from that link...

He knows enough about computers to realise what is pre-built and what isn't

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mQGpNN
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mQGpNN/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£58.80 @ Alza) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£49.99 @ Novatech) 
Memory: Team Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£47.50 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.94 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card  (£225.72 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case  (£23.04 @ Aria PC) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£48.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Monitor: Hannspree HE225DPB 21.5" 1920x1080 Monitor  (£84.56 @ More Computers) 
Keyboard: Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£29.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £604.53
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-11 20:01 GMT+0000

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

He has to be able to buy it from that link...

He knows enough about computers to realise what is pre-built and what isn't

Use SquareSpace free trial to create a website.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Use SquareSpace free trial to create a website.

Really guys?

In response to @Whotos, there is not going to be a good prebuilt at that price range, and this forum also focuses more on price to performance, so most of the people here, including me, will not know how to help you. Sorry!

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

3 minutes ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

Really guys?

Yes, really.

Unless you can find a pre-built with the same specs and no more than $20 difference between a custom build, he shouldn't do it IMO. The SquareSpace comment was supposed to be a joke, though...

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

12 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mQGpNN
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mQGpNN/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£58.80 @ Alza) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£49.99 @ Novatech) 
Memory: Team Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£47.50 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.94 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card  (£225.72 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case  (£23.04 @ Aria PC) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£48.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Monitor: Hannspree HE225DPB 21.5" 1920x1080 Monitor  (£84.56 @ More Computers) 
Keyboard: Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£29.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £604.53
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-11 20:01 GMT+0000

the gpu is too weak,make use r9 470 trade with a i3?

2 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

the gpu is too weak,make use r9 470 trade with a i3?

oops, i though that was an 470, but he can upgrade it later the cpu

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

3 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

oops, i though that was an 470, but he can upgrade it later the cpu

I feel like even a i3 will bottleneck the r9 470, my i5 6500 are bottleneck my 1060, I wonder if a  Pentium can play any modern 3A game

1 hour ago, zehao39 said:

I feel like even a i3 will bottleneck the r9 470, my i5 6500 are bottleneck my 1060, I wonder if a  Pentium can play any modern 3A game

how can a cpu bottleneck that gpu...? and yes, austin did a video with g4560+1050 and runned gta v at high and overwatch

7 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

how can a cpu bottleneck that gpu...? and yes, austin did a video with g4560+1050 and runned gta v at high and overwatch

yes, it depend on what game you want play, GTA 5 and overwatch do not need that much cpu power,if you want play BF1 or Heart of iron you will need a better cpu