AMD Ryzen reference coolers leaked (and confirmed)

TrigrH
30 minutes ago, JohnnyCorporalTech said:

I am still surprised that Intel did not release an updated cooler after the Wraith cooler was released, maybe this will be more of an incentive.

I doubt it, 'cool' coolers isn't really part of their sales strategy, they sell product consistently in a high volume with reasonably high profit per unit. Why put r&d money into a niche that's going to have no real trickle down effect on their product sku

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

On 2/11/2017 at 11:40 AM, Bouzoo said:

Not sure what crap you use, but my 4460 goes to max 60ish when gaming (that's when playing MMO which gets it up to 90%+ usage sometimes). :P

Not with Intels Cooler which is this subject of the topic. my 4690k Gets thermal throttled without any OC when its getting benched. Yours would too. had the stock for a few months now im on a 120mm AIO that cools it fine at a okay OC

2 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Not with Intels Cooler which is this subject of the topic. my 4690k Gets thermal throttled without any OC when its getting benched. Yours would too. had the stock for a few months now im on a 120mm AIO that cools it fine at a okay OC

Still using the stock cooler. Just to be clear, I have OSD in MSI Afterburner turned on so I have temps visible at all times while gaming.

And who mentioned benching?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Still using the stock cooler. 

Then your not pushing it as hard as you think which is good and means you dont need a better one.  but it cant keep a Processor like that at 100% for more then just a 10 second burst without temps going wayy up. 

1 minute ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Then your not pushing it as hard as you think which is good and means you dont need a better one.  but it cant keep a Processor like that at 100% for more then just a 10 second burst without temps going wayy up. 

Look at my updated reply. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

On 12/02/2017 at 1:56 PM, Misanthrope said:

I thought his testing was pretty fucking flawed: almost nobody would use this fans open air and inside a case well, the case itself could negate much of this effect specially if it's narrow enough. 

Testing airflow on open air is useless if you ask me. 

Don't forget some people prefer a pull setup so with fans of this design it will not work optimally as Linus showed in one of his videos. Why design the fans this way if the conventional square frame works just as well? If there is no benefit over traditional square frame on push setup inside a case with potentially worse cooling on pull setup or in open air, then that is an inferior design.

Gamer Nexus did thorough testing on the EVGA CLC and their result shows that cooling performance at lower RPM is much worse than their NZXT and Corsair counterpart at the same RPM and noise level. While on higher RPM the results are almost identical. The efficiency of this fan design is not great.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

7 hours ago, ApolloFury said:

Don't forget some people prefer a pull setup so with fans of this design it will not work optimally as Linus showed in one of his videos. Why design the fans this way if the conventional square frame works just as well? If there is no benefit over traditional square frame on push setup inside a case with potentially worse cooling on pull setup or in open air, then that is an inferior design.

Gamer Nexus did thorough testing on the EVGA CLC and their result shows that cooling performance at lower RPM is much worse than their NZXT and Corsair counterpart at the same RPM and noise level. While on higher RPM the results are almost identical. The efficiency of this fan design is not great.

I'll look his review up but that's all I was asking for vs Jays literal fucking smoke and mirrors.

-------

Current Rig

-------