AMD Ryzen reference coolers leaked (and confirmed)

TrigrH

Source: https://videocardz.com/65885/amd-ryzen-reference-coolers-leaked (original from HWBattle)

AMD-Ryzen-CPU-Coolers-1000x428.jpg

Based on the Ryzen model, the reference cooler will be available in thee variants: for 65W and 95W TDP CPUs and with a more powerful solution based on Wraith design.

So far we know about three Ryzen CPUs: Ryzen 7 1800X, Ryzen 7 1700X and Ryzen 7 1700. Only the last one was listed with Wraith Spire cooler, which would be the one on the right side on a leaked render.

Looks like the 65w and 95w TDP models are using push pin mounting, which is ideal for smaller coolers as it makes installation a breeze.

The design was confirmed through a tweet by Raja Koduri himself. It’s unlikely that the ring only has pink LEDs, so we can suspect that the LEDs will operate in different colors too.

I think these look pretty awesome, now lets hope zen is kickass :P

Oh wow, they put the intel stock coolers to shame in terms of looks.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Yes yes, they all look cool and all, but how will they perform? If it's AMD and their "50C at idle is acceptable", well it isn't. I want real numbers, not wraith leaks. We all know how AMD and leaks work.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

5 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Those.. those damn coolers. They look really, really nice, a good change from the stock cooler than Intel has been showing for years.

They look better than some aftermarkets even. 

Is it just me that think it looks like a wheel with a red strip around it? Kinda reminds me a lot of Hot Wheels.

1 minute ago, Enovi said:

Is it just me that think it looks like a wheel with a red strip around it? Kinda reminds me a lot of Hot Wheels.

Gives me some 'racing slick' vibes.. probably because they're fast processors? :P

idk

The high performance one looks friggin dank af yo

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

3 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Gives me some 'racing slick' vibes.. probably because they're fast processors? :P

ooo yes

Looks like the air version of that fancy NZXT AIO. Me = Like. In fact I like the circular ones more than the Wraith cooler but in all fairness if you get a chip that comes with the wraith you're probably gonna ditch it for water.

-------

Current Rig

-------

10 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Looks like the air version of that fancy NZXT AIO. Me = Like. In fact I like the circular ones more than the Wraith cooler but in all fairness if you get a chip that comes with the wraith you're probably gonna ditch it for water.

Looks like the air component of the Cryorig Hybrid AIO. 

cryorig-hybrid.jpg

idk

RGB?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

RGB?

You're expecting too much from a stock cooler. But they should be colour neutral or black IMO

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

You're expecting too much from a stock cooler. But they should be colour neutral or black IMO

i wasn't serious at all, just a joke. though i honestly doubt AMD would have a LED heatsink just to have only pink in it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Push pin installation? On an AM4 socket? Aren't those identical in function to the latching system on AM3+?

Ye ole' train

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

i wasn't serious at all, just a joke. though i honestly doubt AMD would have a LED heatsink just to have only pink in it.

AMD needs to make a RGB processor so we can see the lights shine through their fancy new stock cooler.

idk

14 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

We've seen the performance of the wraith cooler - it's better than some aftermarket ones. 

AMD released a red aftermarket cooler with their Excavator Athlons a few months back. It used a copper slug and idled at 27C and maxed at 47C on stock. I'd imagine these would perform similarly, give or take 5C for hungrier CPUs

Pic of the athlon cooler please

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

26 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

We've seen the performance of the wraith cooler - it's better than some aftermarket ones. 

AMD released a red aftermarket cooler with their Excavator Athlons a few months back. It used a copper slug and idled at 27C and maxed at 47C on stock. I'd imagine these would perform similarly, give or take 5C for hungrier CPUs

Didn't know that, but I was thinking about performance on Ryzen. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

You can tell AMD cares about the safety of their customers. The fan blades are deep within the shroud to prevent people from getting their fingers cut or slice off. Intel on the other hand...

SCR_11.JPG

Now AMD has 2 points, while Intel still have 0. :D:P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

now intel better respond with a new stock cooler that doesn't scream "look at me, my owner could'nt bother to get an aftermarket cooler"

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

You can tell AMD cares about the safety of their customers. The fan blades are deep within the shroud to prevent people from getting their fingers cut or slice off. Intel on the other hand...

SCR_11.JPG

Now AMD has 2 points, while Intel still have 0. :D:P

Not only that, that fan shroud limits air being flung to the sides and forces it down creating higher static pressure and more airflow.

Ye ole' train