[updated] Ryzen benchmark leaked

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

don't get me wrong. im super excited for ryzen and will most likely end up upgrading to soon after release. im just saying that if you have a 6700k and are expecting AMD to come out with a 4c/8t that will outperform it allowing you to justify upgrading to ryzen, you are probably going to be disappointed. i could see ryzen having very similar performance but not outperforming unless you are comparing to cpus that don't have the same amount of cores and threads but have the same price. 

Already sold my 6700k

6 minutes ago, Jahramika said:

Already sold my 6700k

ok i guess that's a different scenario . i thought you said you still owned a 6700k and were planning on selling it with the sole purpose of upgrading to ryzen. 

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

don't get me wrong. im super excited for ryzen and will most likely end up upgrading to soon after release. im just saying that if you have a 6700k and are expecting AMD to come out with a 4c/8t that will outperform it allowing you to justify upgrading to ryzen, you are probably going to be disappointed. i could see ryzen having very similar performance but not outperforming unless you are comparing to cpus that don't have the same amount of cores and threads but have the same price. 

I'm coming from an overclocked Phenom II X6, which manages to hold its own well enough that I didn't really need to upgrade until very recently, but uses a LOT of juice in the process (somewhere around 150W).

4 core or 6 core ryzen is going to be a massive upgrade for me.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.