[updated] Ryzen benchmark leaked

Just now, dalekphalm said:

Err no. Again. If you had read the article, you'd clearly see that it states the Ryzen chip was clocked at 3.4GHz with Turbo disabled. Besides, the A320 chipset isn't even capable of OC'ing the CPU to 4.7GHz, had they even wanted to.

HAHAHA YEAH SURE....3.4ghz ryzen vs 4.8GHZ haswell and they would be that close...NO WAY on earth...BULLSHIT...100%

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

6 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

and the clocks of the ryzen were?!

cause there is no way that thing beat a 4.8ghz 5820k unless it,s heavily overclocked too...

Here is a comparison with stock chips single core only. The zen chip was at 3394MHz locked. via WCCFTECH

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPU-Single-Threaded.jp

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPU-PassMark.jpg

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

HAHAHA YEAH SURE....3.4ghz ryzen vs 4.8GHZ haswell and they would be that close...NO WAY on earth...BULLSHIT...100%

You're not looking at it clearly.

First off, different CPU architectures are good at different tasks. It's quite possible for the Ryzen arch to be superior in some specific tasks, while being slower in other specific tasks.

On top of that, the 5820K is a 6c12t, when it's compared to a 8c16t Ryzen. The 5820K beats the Ryzen by 800-ish points in the very first Single Thread graph. Which for a chip running at a faster clock, makes sense.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Err no. Again. If you had read the article, you'd clearly see that it states the Ryzen chip was clocked at 3.4GHz with Turbo disabled. Besides, the A320 chipset isn't even capable of OC'ing the CPU to 4.7GHz, had they even wanted to.

let's be honest here, the whole ''intel CPU's were overclocked 4.8ghz'' is the bullshit part...it says in the graph i7-5820K @ 3.30ghz that's it that's all...IMHO 3.4ghz ryzen vs 3.3ghz haswell is what you have right there.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

5 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

let's be honest here, the whole ''intel CPU's were overclocked 4.8ghz'' is the bullshit part...it says in the graph i7-5820K @ 3.30ghz that's it that's all...IMHO 3.4ghz ryzen vs 3.3ghz haswell is what you have right there.

Well, either the entire article is bullshit, or they made crappy misleading graphs. Take your pick. If the entire article is bullshit, then we have no idea how they compare, and the Ryzen could be worse or better.

However, other users took normalized results, and compared at the same base frequency. EDIT: Sorry, they compared base Stock clocks without OC.

Look at @Dietrichw's post above for one such example.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Well, either the entire article is bullshit, or they made crappy misleading graphs. Take your pick. If the entire article is bullshit, then we have no idea how they compare, and the Ryzen could be worse or better.

However, other users took normalized results, and compared at the same base frequency.

Look at @Dietrichw's post above for one such example.

''normalized'' mean haswell 5960x 3.0ghz vs broadwell 6800K 3.4ghz have the same single-thread performance?! if that's how you guys ''normalize'' stuff...you know o.O

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

''normalized'' mean haswell 5960x 3.0ghz vs broadwell 6800K 3.4ghz have the same single-thread performance?! if that's how you guys ''normalize'' stuff...you know o.O

I edited my post above. They compared stock clocks without OC, I believe. Locked without Turbo Boost, from the looks of it.

The benchmarks up on Passmark if you want to do a direct comparison. I was going to be comparing it with my 4790K. But my rig is still acting very screwy, and my 4790K+GTX 970 are not performing any where near as well as they should regardless of the benchmarking suite.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

The benchmarks up on Passmark if you want to do a direct comparison. I was going to be comparing it with my 4790K. But my rig is still acting very screwy, and my 4790K+GTX 970 are not performing any where near as well as they should regardless of the benchmarking suite.

slap me with a link what should i download?

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

You can question the Ryzen scores all you want - this is a "leaked" result, after all. So by all means, take it with a grain of salt - I certainly will.

But all the Intel results are public record. You can go look up the results for any of these Intel CPU's yourself and decide for yourself whether they're for the OC or for the base clock.

slap me with a link what should i download?

Here you go http://www.passmark.com/products/pt.htm, and once its opened, click on manage baselines then type in "ryzen", then click the checkbox next to it to download it into passmark.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

5 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Here you go http://www.passmark.com/products/pt.htm, and once its opened, click on manage baselines then type in "ryzen", then click the checkbox next to it to download it into passmark.

here it is...this is 4770K running at 4.2ghz...looks like it aint bad if ryzen is 3.4ghz...if it was 4.2ghz i guess it would be about the same (?)

Capture.png

Yeah not bad at all if this is true i'm gonna grab that 6 core

18 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

here it is...this is 4770K running at 4.2ghz...looks like it aint bad if ryzen is 3.4ghz...if it was 4.2ghz i guess it would be about the same (?)

Capture.png

Yep, which is exactly where it should be, based on all other things we've seen leaked and official, about Ryzen.

IPC should line up within 5% of Haswell and Broadwell.

Let's not forget that a couple of years ago the leaked benchmarks indicated that Bulldozer was going to walk all over the entire Intel lineup. 

I'll wait until Ryzen is tested properly by independent reviewers.  That should kill the hype quite quickly, and then we'll see what's what.

Is there any protocol for artiles/post that hold information thats simply wrong or presented in a misleading way? Not saying thats what the OP did, but its clear the data is skewed. I think it should be removed, or at least a disclaimer added to the OP 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Let's not forget that a couple of years ago the leaked benchmarks indicated that Bulldozer was going to walk all over the entire Intel lineup. 

I'll wait until Ryzen is tested properly by independent reviewers.  That should kill the hype quite quickly, and then we'll see what's what.

This did not happen. If fakes like that did happen it was in a very small way. Most of what people remember is just the hype and the hope...

There were some leaks which pointed out good multi-threaded performance, which turned out to be true.

22 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

-snip-

For the first one the RYZEN chip is running at Base clock most likely without boost, while the others are running very heavily over clocked. Some of the others are extremely dependent on memory bandwidth, the RYZEN system is using a terrible memory set, and the others use AVX, RYZEN does half AVX by design.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Those numbers and infos are all over the place.

I can't wait for someone to acctually buy this CPUs from AMD and test them ...

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

s/o to @Dietrichw for linking that WCCF article , im just gonna dump the images in here for all to see 

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700x-389-8-core-cpu-benchmarks-leaked/

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPU-Integer.jpg

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPU-Floating-Point.jpg

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPU-Prime-Numbers.jpg  

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPU-Sorting.jpg

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPU-Physics.jpg

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPU-Encryption.jpg

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPU-Extended-Instructions-SSE.jpg

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPU-Compression.jpg

maybe putting em in OP aswell 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

As long as i don't see several unique youtube videos of these benchmarks done by trusted tech channels i don't believe any of these results.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

1 hour ago, Space Reptile said:

s/o to @Dietrichw for linking that WCCF article , im just gonna dump the images in here for all to see 

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700x-389-8-core-cpu-benchmarks-leaked/

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-CPU-Extended-Instructions-SSE.jpg

maybe putting em in OP aswell 

Well that doesn't seem biased at all.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Well that doesn't seem biased at all.

well its  a new instruction thingy only available on kaby and ryzen , or just those 2 are very good at it 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

9 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

well its  a new instruction thingy only available on kaby and ryzen , or just those 2 are very good at it 

da002bdb276c8fc8d18ad001fbc6a79b.png

Well... After looking a bit harder (and according to Intel ark) the Broadwell-E CPUs don't have SSE..? 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats