First custom pc for me

Mr_VNDL
2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Looks good to me

thanks. always good to get someone else to look over your ideas

1 minute ago, Mr_VNDL said:

much better how?
You seem to have missed the white asthetic.

Is the larger radiator nessecairy?
why pick the older z170 over the z270?

You don't need a 270 if you're running Skylake. There aren't really any improvements to the Z270 other than their BIOS already having Kaby Lake support out of the box. At least not to my knowledge. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

You should also replace that m.2 drive with a SATA SSD. In terms of real world performance, they aren't that different, and you'll save like $100.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

You should also replace that m.2 drive with a SATA SSD. In terms of real world performance, they aren't that different, and you'll save like $100.

Done, thanks.

get 600W or 650 psu as this will be on its limit i would think

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

1 minute ago, Mr_VNDL said:

Done, thanks.

I should expand just so you know what to choose. The thing that really matters is how fast it reads tiny files. NVMe drives (usually in the m.2 form factor) read and write large files at lightning fast speeds, but the speed that they read tiny files is maybe 20% higher, but at a 50% price hike.  When you're picking an SSD look for 4k read speeds. Usually on Amazon people post Crystal Disk Mark benchmark screenshots so you can tell. 

Also ignore any benchmarks that are using RAPID or Momentum Cache mode. The speeds will be like 400 times faster, but that's just because it's tricking benchmark programs into using your RAM. 

5 minutes ago, CatXice said:

get 600W or 650 psu as this will be on its limit i would think

The system uses less than 400W at load. There's no point in getting a 600W PSU.

PS: Sorry for the double posts. I'm on my phone and it's not letting me copy and paste other replies into edits. 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

The system uses less than 400W at load. There's no point in getting a 600W PSU.

PS: Sorry for the double posts. I'm on my phone and it's not letting me copy and paste other replies into edits. 

No worries Joostin good to have your opinion. I had already changed the SSD but hadn't updated the list.
the NZXTkraken x31 isn't too small? thats my first thought.

Get a 240/360mm Rad or go for air cooling. Top tier air cooling will beat low tier water cooling.

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

13 minutes ago, Mr_VNDL said:

No worries Joostin good to have your opinion. I had already changed the SSD but hadn't updated the list.
the NZXTkraken x31 isn't too small? thats my first thought.

No, the case you got supports both 120mm and 140mm units. It also supports triple 120mm or double 140mm. Unless you're planning on pushing your CPU to the absolute limit, then it's not necessary. 

Keep in mind that by using an AIO unit, it will be louder. Using air cooling is less effective, but the sound is muffled because the CPU fan isn't right on the edge of the case. Just something to keep in mind. I just use a Hyper 212 Evo on air for my i7-4790K. However, I just do some slight overclocking. 

11 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

No, the case you got supports both 120mm and 140mm units. It also supports triple 120mm or double 140mm. Unless you're planning on pushing your CPU to the absolute limit, then it's not necessary. 

Keep in mind that by using an AIO unit, it will be louder. Using air cooling is less effective, but the sound is muffled because the CPU fan isn't right on the edge of the case. Just something to keep in mind. I just use a Hyper 212 Evo on air for my i7-4790K. However, I just do some slight overclocking. 

the Kraken is the water cooler

2 minutes ago, Mr_VNDL said:

the Kraken is the water cooler

I know. They're commonly referred to as "All In One units" or "AIO units" because they don't require all the individual parts and work of traditional water coolers. The heat sink, coolant, tubing, and radiator are all one unit. 

Anyway, if you don't mind some extra noise and want to overclock the crap out of your CPU, you might consider a larger radiator. Maybe a 140mm or 240mm one. For most people, just using a giant heat sink is preferable. Pick between less noise or better performance.