CUSTOM BUILD PC VS PRE-BUILD PC

So, I've been considering to buy a new Gaming desktop but can't decide to either go with a custom build desktop or a pre-build desktop. Also, which one would have better specs for the same amount of budget? i am aware that custom build desktops are more risky to do. Which should i go for and why? Thxxx :D

custom built would have better specs and the more expensive the computer your building the bigger the price gap will be between the two

Custom built computers are better for the money, and the only time they're risky is if you've got the intelligence of a sloth.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Custom built computers are better for the money, and the only time they're risky is if you've got the intelligence of a sloth.

Sloths are smart don't be speciesist sloths actually have a better time of pc building because thy take their time and don't try jamming 8 pin pci power into 8 pin cpu power

It's not a bad choice, as long as you do your research. Linus actually had his wife pick up a gaming PC from Best Buy and it would have been more expensive to buy the parts individually. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

4 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

It's not a bad choice, as long as you do your research. Linus actually had his wife pick up a gaming PC from Best Buy and it would have been more expensive to buy the parts individually. 

If you don't factor in the price of Windows, it's nearly always cheaper to build it yourself.

1 minute ago, EPENEX said:

If you don't factor in the price of Windows, it's nearly always cheaper to build it yourself.

I don't see your point. Unless you're running Linux, you need to factor in Windows. 

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

I don't see your point. Unless you're running Linux, you need to factor in Windows. 

There is almost no reason to use Windows or to purchase Windows nowadays.

1 minute ago, EPENEX said:

There is almost no reason to use Windows or to purchase Windows nowadays.

I disagree, and the chances of the OP disagreeing are pretty damn high. 

14 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

Sloths are smart don't be speciesist sloths actually have a better time of pc building because thy take their time and don't try jamming 8 pin pci power into 8 pin cpu power

They think their arms are branches and fall to their death, they're about as dumb as Sunfish.

15 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

no it wasn't once you got rid of the fluff

14 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

no it wasn't once you got rid of the fluff

If the pre-built one didn't have "fluff" (which is necessary to some people), it would have cost less. 

You're trying to compare different things because you don't like the idea of a pre-built machine being cheaper. I wouldn't buy a pre-built desktop myself, but that doesn't mean it's a bad choice.