connecting my tv to wifi with wifi adapter help please.

Most WiFi adaptors require a driver to work. There is no way to install a driver for anything other than a natively supported wireless adaptor. 

Basically, no, it will not work. The USB ports on most TVs are designed mainly for updating firmware, providing a media source or providing power to a device.

19 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Most WiFi adaptors require a driver to work. There is no way to install a driver for anything other than a natively supported wireless adaptor. 

Basically, no, it will not work. The USB ports on most TVs are designed mainly for updating firmware, providing a media source or providing power to a device.

can you make any recommendations? is there a way to pickup wifi and then deliver it to the ethernet port?

5 minutes ago, jasonpresto123 said:

can you make any recommendations? is there a way to pickup wifi and then deliver it to the ethernet port?

A lot of access points or routers can function as a wireless bridge, which allows it to connect to a wireless signal, then other devices can connect to it via a wire. 

Something like a TP-LINK TL-WA901ND can do what you want. It's the only one I can really recommend as working, as it's the only one I've used for wireless bridging purposes myself. 

20 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

A lot of access points or routers can function as a wireless bridge, which allows it to connect to a wireless signal, then other devices can connect to it via a wire. 

Something like a TP-LINK TL-WA901ND can do what you want. It's the only one I can really recommend as working, as it's the only one I've used for wireless bridging purposes myself. 

thx mate

14 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I'd normally agree with this, but I googled this TV because I didn't realize that there were smart TVs -without- Wifi and one review mentions this: " A $29 wireless adapter provides 802.11n Wi-Fi network access to any of the S12A series."

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/review/soniq/e40s12a/442725/

Looking more I've found the manual PDF:

https://www.soniq.com/au/images/manuals/E40S12A.pdf

"The SONIQ Wireless LAN for Broadband Adaptor, which is sold separately, allows the TV to connect to a wireless LAN network."

So it seems there is -a- wireless adapter.  Will it's Android OS take others?  No idea.  I'd guess not but Android builds can be full of surprises.  This all said I can't find any 'SONIQ Wireless LAN for Broadband Adaptor's for sale in a quick search.