Fans for B&W build + Noctua Nhd15s heatsink

I decided to mod my pc 

chose B&W esthetic

So the struggle is with nhd15 fans... want to replace those with something beautiful and well-performing

Was considering Noiseblocker eloop 140+120mm 

Another option was Noctua nfp12+14 industrial + chromax white corners

Plus I want to replace my rear fan. Currently I use jetflo 120mm, but it is on a noisier side. I want great performance per db

Rf8xqPLOZ7k.jpg

TyAa4VbhUAk.jpg

kYgt_XIhgRo.jpg

If you go for color scheme, Noctua isn't really great choice. If you go for less noise, IndustrialPPC fans are really not that great choice.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If you go for color scheme, Noctua isn't really great choice. If you go for less noise, IndustrialPPC fans are really not that great choice.

well industrial with white chromax corners looks fine, performs well for sure and at 1500rpm is silent

i just struggle with the best option

as there are sooo many nice fans...

1 minute ago, PaliteArchitect said:

well industrial with white chromax corners looks fine, performs well for sure and at 1500rpm is silent

i just struggle with the best option

as there are sooo many nice fans...

Have you tried iPPCs at 1500 rpm? Thats max speed of my A15s, which I've limited to 1300rpm with software. But whats the pojnt of getting fans which you are going to run at lowest possible setting all the time. Vs getting Venturies, Noiceblockers or EK Vardars. Or something like them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

35 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Have you tried iPPCs at 1500 rpm? Thats max speed of my A15s, which I've limited to 1300rpm with software. But whats the pojnt of getting fans which you are going to run at lowest possible setting all the time. Vs getting Venturies, Noiceblockers or EK Vardars. Or something like them.

the point would be to have great fans (im not gonna ditch fans just because Im not utilising it full potentilal)

If it performs and looks great - ill consider it

i did consider venturi fans as well, but niseblocker eloop have better looks and performance

ek vardar... as far as im considered they are hight pressure fans for rad, but using them on case or on heatsink (if we consider that im using at least 2 fans for it) is not the best option due to weaker airflow 

Im really curious about how noiseblockers would perform on nhd15. Unfortunately not much test with third-party fans on nhd15 is available(

have you ever used noiseblockers eloop?

ive used eloops on a radiator and aside from the lack of air noise, the performance was not there (side effect of low noise).

other detractors are the push only config and expense. HSF should be static oriented due to the tight fin array (like radiators).

something to ponder in the static fan over air flow. if you can blast air into the case versus slightly fill the case, i'd take the static as pressure can move volumes, if the pressure isn't there the air just doesn't move. once the case is 'filled' low pressure will cause the airflow to be stagnate. if you increase the pressure, the air will find the weakest point to escape.

another is the exit pattern of a fan is a spray. in most airflow case fans the density of the 'spray' is usually less than 30mm till the dissipation of that 'spray' is severely weakened. if no pressure is behind the pattern then the eventually, the flow becomes revergent and just won't move in a directed direction.

6 minutes ago, airdeano said:

ive used eloops on a radiator and aside from the lack of air noise, the performance was not there (side effect of low noise).

other detractors are the push only config and expense. HSF should be static oriented due to the tight fin array (like radiators).

something to ponder in the static fan over air flow. if you can blast air into the case versus slightly fill the case, i'd take the static as pressure can move volumes, if the pressure isn't there the air just doesn't move. once the case is 'filled' low pressure will cause the airflow to be stagnate. if you increase the pressure, the air will find the weakest point to escape.

another is the exit pattern of a fan is a spray. in most airflow case fans the density of the 'spray' is usually less than 30mm till the dissipation of that 'spray' is severely weakened. if no pressure is behind the pattern then the eventually, the flow becomes revergent and just won't move in a directed direction.

yeah, but heatsink like nhd15 doesnt need that much pressure

i combined original fan with fractal (define c stock fan) and it works perfectly fine in pull 

additional fractal fan really helps a lot, even though it is quite weak on its own

On 2/11/2017 at 1:57 PM, PaliteArchitect said:

the point would be to have great fans (im not gonna ditch fans just because Im not utilising it full potentilal)

If it performs and looks great - ill consider it

iPPC's aren't as quiet as normal noctuas even at the same rpm. They'd be a bit of a downgrade if you want good quiet fans.

SW3's are good if you want a well rounded replacement that's just black.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 14.02.2017 at 5:34 AM, WoodenMarker said:

iPPC's aren't as quiet as normal noctuas even at the same rpm. They'd be a bit of a downgrade if you want good quiet fans.

SW3's are good if you want a well rounded replacement that's just black.

I now consider buying Cryorig140mm fans

2 for intake

1 for heatsink

and they r cheap (compared to noctua or bequiet)

Be quiet is also an option ( quite good one). Although i dont like fan shroud much 

On 2/15/2017 at 9:07 AM, PaliteArchitect said:

I now consider buying Cryorig140mm fans

2 for intake

1 for heatsink

and they r cheap (compared to noctua or bequiet)

Be quiet is also an option ( quite good one). Although i dont like fan shroud much 

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

What are you looking for in fans?

In regards to acoustics, Cryorig's XF fans would be a downgrade from noctuas.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

20 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

What are you looking for in fans?

In regards to acoustics, Cryorig's XF fans would be a downgrade from noctuas.

I currently live in Lebanon (will be ordering stuff from US)

Im looking for performance per dB and estheticly pleasing looks (especially on heatrsink)

I run noctua nfa15 at 60-80% all the time. thats the comfortable performance mode for me

I also consider phANTEX 140MM SP fan.... seems great actually spec wise

On 2/17/2017 at 9:28 AM, PaliteArchitect said:

I currently live in Lebanon (will be ordering stuff from US)

Im looking for performance per dB and estheticly pleasing looks (especially on heatrsink)

I run noctua nfa15 at 60-80% all the time. thats the comfortable performance mode for me

I also consider phANTEX 140MM SP fan.... seems great actually spec wise

What's your budget?

What fans are you currently using at the front of the case and what do you think of those fans?

PH-F140SP and PH-F140MP's perform well for the noise if you don't need them to be as quiet as possible.

What's your budget?

What fans are you currently using at the front of the case and what do you think of those fans?

PH-F140SP and PH-F140MP's perform well for the noise if you don't need them to be as quiet as possible.

I have 2 corsair sp120 fans + 1 coolermaster silencio fan at the front

1 CM jetflo 120 as exhaust

I dont have a budjet limit, just want great performance at low db + good looks preferable ( i can cover them with custom cut acrylic grill)

the reason I want 2 140mm fans, is to have great airflow with the bottom cover on (the one that hides HDD cage)

I want great performing 120+140mm fan for NHD15s i have, here the looks are critical

I also thought about replacing rear exhaust fan. Even thou8gh it is AMAZING performer, it is poor at keeping performance in silent.... especially through restrictive environment

What's your budget?

are you aware of any NHD15s \nhd15 mods? like covers that keep the fans out of sight? Ive seen chromax covers concept, but it looks not that great(

13 hours ago, PaliteArchitect said:

I have 2 corsair sp120 fans + 1 coolermaster silencio fan at the front

1 CM jetflo 120 as exhaust

I dont have a budjet limit, just want great performance at low db + good looks preferable ( i can cover them with custom cut acrylic grill)

Why not just move the NF-A15's to the front for intake and move the SP120's and Silencio's to the heatsink and rear?

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why not just move the NF-A15's to the front for intake and move the SP120's and Silencio's to the heatsink and rear?

Nfa15 is better performer than sp120, with a lot more airflow at lower dB

I guess 140mm fan is essential for this heatsink

Plus I have only one af15, I tried painting it, decided not to touch blades. 120mm would look awkward between those heatsinks

10 hours ago, PaliteArchitect said:

Nfa15 is better performer than sp120, with a lot more airflow at lower dB

I guess 140mm fan is essential for this heatsink

Plus I have only one af15, I tried painting it, decided not to touch blades. 120mm would look awkward between those heatsinks

140mm's aren't necessary for the heatsink. 

Square framed 140mm's look more awkward than 120mm's on it imo.

nf-a14-industrialppc-nh-d15.jpg

15 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

140mm's aren't necessary for the heatsink. 

Square framed 140mm's look more awkward than 120mm's on it imo.

nf-a14-industrialppc-nh-d15.jpg

if u look from the top it looks better (like a lot) 

with 120mm u will get this shape:  xHxHx

plus i can install only 1 140mm 

so i wil get : xHXH

2 hours ago, PaliteArchitect said:

if u look from the top it looks better (like a lot) 

with 120mm u will get this shape:  xHxHx

plus i can install only 1 140mm 

so i wil get : xHXH

If you're getting fans for the top view and want black/white, your best option is probably going with black noctuas with white rubber corners. 

13 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you're getting fans for the top view and want black/white, your best option is probably going with black noctuas with white rubber corners. 

What about noiseblockers eloop? They look fantastic 

Are they better performers at same dB? Couldn't find direct comparison

I guess noctua one love?

14 hours ago, PaliteArchitect said:

What about noiseblockers eloop? They look fantastic 

Are they better performers at same dB? Couldn't find direct comparison

I guess noctua one love?

3pin eLoops are good but won't be as good as the stock NF-A15. They aren't crazy performers but are very quiet. The 4pin variant is louder and should be avoided. 

On 2/22/2017 at 11:39 PM, WoodenMarker said:

3pin eLoops are good but won't be as good as the stock NF-A15. They aren't crazy performers but are very quiet. The 4pin variant is louder and should be avoided. 

So noctua is my best choice then 

By the way 

What about corsair ml fans? 

On 2/24/2017 at 7:47 AM, PaliteArchitect said:

By the way 

What about corsair ml fans? 

Corsair ML's are relatively quiet performance fans and aren't nearly as quiet as noctuas. 

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Corsair ML's are relatively quiet performance fans and aren't nearly as quiet as noctuas. 

industrialppc or redux 140mm? Redux 140mm 1500rpm fans are rated at 130cfm and 1.9 pressure which seems great 

is there a reason for industrial model?

I looked at silent wings 3 from bequiet, they actually seem great performers at low db.... 

which would you pick for yourself? Cuz i dont think there will be any significant difference between all those models

22 hours ago, PaliteArchitect said:

industrialppc or redux 140mm? Redux 140mm 1500rpm fans are rated at 130cfm and 1.9 pressure which seems great 

is there a reason for industrial model?

I looked at silent wings 3 from bequiet, they actually seem great performers at low db.... 

which would you pick for yourself? Cuz i dont think there will be any significant difference between all those models

iPPC's are higher rpm models with a more robust motor with improved dust and water resistance. They're meant to be used where noise is less of an issue and the working environment is more harsh. If this isn't applicable, normal noctuas would be quieter and better suited. 

Redux are rebrands of older models without extra accessories. 

I would personally stick with the stock NF-A15. If you need black, SW3's would be my next choice.