Hi,

I have got MSI 990fxa with fx6300 at basic clock no OC.with vengence 16gigs ddr 4 and gtx 1070 seahawk.But my closed loop water cooler corsair h110i is not performing well after the temp rises to 80'c and pc shuts down but everything works well with stock fan even OC.What shall i look for?? The cooler did work with my old board very well. I have checked all the hardware swaps nothing works every time it gives high temp error.H110i has 3 pin power but stock has 4 pin power supply plug is it because of that?

Guys need some insight please help.

With these sort of watercooler I have heard in the past the backplates were not put on correctly always. Check that, because that might cause the issue.

Also, I assume you have used new thermal paste?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, gamee69hunter said:

Hi,

I have got MSI 990fxa with fx6300 at basic clock no OC.with vengence 16gigs ddr 4 and gtx 1070 seahawk.But my closed loop water cooler corsair h110i is not performing well after the temp rises to 80'c and pc shuts down but everything works well with stock fan even OC.What shall i look for?? The cooler did work with my old board very well. I have checked all the hardware swaps nothing works every time it gives high temp error.H110i has 3 pin power but stock has 4 pin power supply plug is it because of that?

Are your AIO fans spinning?

Backplate secured and tight air flow is pull and paste applied optimum amount still the same...swapped with all hardware changes din't make any diffrence what so ever

1 minute ago, NoNamer12345 said:

Are your AIO fans spinning?

YES AIR FLOW IS PULL

how would you have ddr4 on a ddr3 motherboard lol.

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, gamee69hunter said:

YES AIR FLOW IS PULL

And are you sure there aren't any leaks / stuff stuck inside the pipes?

2 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

That isn't the issue now.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

My bad DDR 3.

1 minute ago, NoNamer12345 said:

And are you sure there aren't any leaks / stuff stuck inside the pipes?

That isn't the issue now.

yes checked the piping done full inspection by local modifier friend and checked block leaks it works fine on a friends pc somehow it doesn't work on mine!

2 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

Which headers do you have everything plugged into?

the main power line goes to cpu fan port or else it it gives a cpu fan error.disabled the warning for cpu fan error and rest are interconnected with other wires and have got usb link for fan control software.no changes. AIO can the block become faulty somehow..and does 3 pin or 4 pin plugs really matter ?

23 minutes ago, gamee69hunter said:

Hi,

Not trying to be rude, but why would you put a 1070 with an FX6300?

1 minute ago, YaqinHasan said:

Not trying to be rude, but why would you put a 1070 with an FX6300?

i know man.really needed a good graphics so just invested in that one and really low on funds so will upgrade processor a bit later

5 minutes ago, gamee69hunter said:

the main power line goes to cpu fan port or else it it gives a cpu fan error.disabled the warning for cpu fan error and rest are interconnected with other wires and have got usb link for fan control software.no changes. AIO can the block become faulty somehow..and does 3 pin or 4 pin plugs really matter ?

On one of the older Corsair forums for an H110, there is a recommendation to plug your radiator fans into the CPU Fan header via a y-splitter and then plug your 3-pin pump fan into one of the SYS Fan headers...  The general idea is that the pump just needs a constant 12 V power.  Not sure if this still applies to the H110i

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=119799

5 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

On one of the older Corsair forums for an H110, there is a recommendation to plug your radiator fans into the CPU Fan header via a y-splitter and then plug your 3-pin pump fan into one of the SYS Fan headers...  The general idea is that the pump just needs a constant 12 V power.  Not sure if this still applies to the H110i

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=119799

thanks man will look into it...and thanks for reaching out

1 minute ago, gamee69hunter said:

thanks man will look into it...and thanks for reaching out

No problem... It's kind of a weird issue and makes me wonder if something within the MSI BIOS for this board is expecting a PWM fan to be plugged into the CPU Header and if not then it doesn't send a constant voltage or sends an incorrect voltage to run the pump.

3 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

No problem... It's kind of a weird issue and makes me wonder if something within the MSI BIOS for this board is expecting a PWM fan to be plugged into the CPU Header and if not then it doesn't send a constant voltage or sends an incorrect voltage to run the pump.

Yeah i agree because i have done the same rigging with asus saber-tooth works fine...even though it has got 4 pins for 12v output and done tweaking in voltage regulations too for msi it does become stable but not for long because i have to entirely lower the voltage rate thread core 4 5 6 from cpu module and thats  basically useless.

19 hours ago, gamee69hunter said:

Yeah i agree because i have done the same rigging with asus saber-tooth works fine...even though it has got 4 pins for 12v output and done tweaking in voltage regulations too for msi it does become stable but not for long because i have to entirely lower the voltage rate thread core 4 5 6 from cpu module and thats  basically useless.

Sorry to reply late but is it working now?

On 2/11/2017 at 11:19 PM, NoNamer12345 said:

Sorry to reply late but is it working now?

sorry for comming back late.just done the changes unfortunately its not working somewhere might be due  the power managent issue its not working...

IMG_20170216_103152.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 0:15 AM, gamee69hunter said:

sorry for comming back late.just done the changes unfortunately its not working somewhere might be due  the power managent issue its not working...

IMG_20170216_103152.jpg

I am late again, sorry. And did you check the Motherboard? It probably isn't a cooler issue as you said it worked in other PCs... The fan headers on the Motherboard are probably damaged...