Dual Boot Windows 7/10

BleakMaker

Hi  I want to add a windows 7 boot for some of my games that use DirectX9, because of the 4064 Vram limit on DirectX9 on Windows 10.

Now my problem is that i tried this before and it asked me to insert a disk with drivers i tried some things of the internet that did not work.

Another thing is i don't want my Windows 7 boot on the same ssd that contains windows 10.

Does someone know of a solution to all my problems or can they link me to some step by step Docs.

Thanks!:)

You can do something like this:

You can keep a separate hard drive in your system and when you want to use Windows 7, you can reboot to this drive.

(The button is optional, but is a good option, as the drive will not be on when you are not using it)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

If you're installing from a USB stick, and your mobo only has USB 3.0, you need to slipstream USB 3 drivers into your Windows 7 ISO. Otherwise, it will report that drivers are missing, and be unable to install.

You can burn your Windows 7 ISO to a DVD, and install from the DVD, or, you can check out these resources on how to add USB 3 drivers to a Windows 7 ISO, and follow their instructions.

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-install-windows-7-on-a-pc-with-only-usb-3-0-ports/

I'm running Windows 7 and 10 on a dual-boot system without problems, though they're both on the same SSD, and I get an option of which OS I want to boot into when the system starts up.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

12 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

You can do something like this:

You can keep a separate hard drive in your system and when you want to use Windows 7, you can reboot to this drive.

(The button is optional, but is a good option, as the drive will not be on when you are not using it)

Thanks this seems like a very good solution.

12 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

If you're installing from a USB stick, and your mobo only has USB 3.0, you need to slipstream USB 3 drivers into your Windows 7 ISO. Otherwise, it will report that drivers are missing, and be unable to install.

You can burn your Windows 7 ISO to a DVD, and install from the DVD, or, you can check out these resources on how to add USB 3 drivers to a Windows 7 ISO, and follow their instructions.

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-install-windows-7-on-a-pc-with-only-usb-3-0-ports/

I had no idea this had to do with usb 2.0 i luckily have a usb 2.0 extension that is connect to my mobo so i will insert my usb there. Thanks!