What's that unpopular game that you like to play?

Okjoek

Back over half a decade ago I used to play Runescape, but that's not the game I'm talking about, the company that makes Runescape, JaGeX had a second webside called FunOrb (that's still up actually http://funorb.com/) and on that site is a game called Armies of Gielinor. I loved playing that game and I haven't been able to find anything like it since. I actually can't get onto it anymore. Their games are based on Java so that could be why, but my point is I loved that turn based sort of military strategy and logistics.

Does aqnybody have a similar feeling for a game that's unpopular or unrecognized? Do you know of any games like AoG I could try?

Dungeon Defenders 1

Left 4 Dead 2

Dungeon Siege II

Blur

Medal of Honor (2012)

locked 30fps games

FF Type 0

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Natural Selection 2 and or Insurgency. Both not very popular games. Natural Selection 2 is the best Alien vs Marines fps game ive played. 

I actually really liked the original Watch_Dogs, it had its problems (lackluster story and driving mechanics) but overall i didnt regret my purchase, everyone else seemed to be behaving like it was the lemon of the decade or something o.O 

Overlord 2, Valkyria Chronicles. That's about it. I haven't played many games lately, but these two stand out. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Gears of War 4, Mirror's Edge Catalyst and Skyforge sometimes.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

17 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

Natural Selection 2 and or Insurgency. Both not very popular games. Natural Selection 2 is the best Alien vs Marines fps game ive played. 

I play insurgency. It's a pretty nice game. Needs more scale IMO though because the lane camping sucked for me.

Divine Divinity. Old action RPG (a.k.a. Diablo clone) that shows that Western devs can definitively challenge Square Enix for the most stupid fucking names ever, the game is nevertheless fairly nice.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Beyond Good and Evil, played through it at least 3 times. Suppose it's less unpopular since ubisoft saw fit to give it away for free :D

Other than that...... I wouldn't say it was unpopular but it isn't so popular now................ Day of defeat 1.3 (sooooooo many hours playing on Brit maps servers).

Edited by smokincola
typo

X3:Albion Prelude and X-Rebirth,  I really enjoy those games

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

On 2/10/2017 at 11:25 AM, Okjoek said:

Back over half a decade ago I used to play Runescape, but that's not the game I'm talking about, the company that makes Runescape, JaGeX had a second webside called FunOrb (that's still up actually http://funorb.com/) and on that site is a game called Armies of Gielinor. I loved playing that game and I haven't been able to find anything like it since. I actually can't get onto it anymore. Their games are based on Java so that could be why, but my point is I loved that turn based sort of military strategy and logistics.

Does aqnybody have a similar feeling for a game that's unpopular or unrecognized? Do you know of any games like AoG I could try?

Do you still play RuneScape? Last year, they've finally updated out of Java, and their new client, codenamed NXT (not to be confused with WWE), lifts a lot of the graphical restrictions back in the Java days. It's either a breath of fresh air if you've played recently before the update, or it'll be completely foreign if you haven't played in years due to the massive accumulation of changes and updates.

33 minutes ago, boat said:

Do you still play RuneScape? Last year, they've finally updated out of Java, and their new client, codenamed NXT (not to be confused with WWE), lifts a lot of the graphical restrictions back in the Java days. It's either a breath of fresh air if you've played recently before the update, or it'll be completely foreign if you haven't played in years due to the massive accumulation of changes and updates.

On and off. Last I played was about a month ago. I was talking about Armies of Gielinor which is still in Java and IDK what I'd have to do to get it working. I wonder if they even try to maintain the funorb games anymore Used to love going there before Steam came into my life.

5 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

On and off. Last I played was about a month ago. I was talking about Armies of Gielinor which is still in Java and IDK what I'd have to do to get it working. I wonder if they even try to maintain the funorb games anymore Used to love going there before Steam came into my life.

iirc, a former Jagex employee said anything other than RuneScape hasn't been a success. Their most recent (not current) CEO was more for the short-term profits without any consideration into how things work in the RuneScape/gaming community. He'd even refuse new hires in order to give himself first class treatment. Their new acting CEO is actually a jmod and is more involved with the community, so I imagine they'll either stick to RuneScape, or if they branch off, at least they'll do it right.

eve online

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

I really liked this game, have yet to come upon a single other person that played and liked it as well.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

This is literally going to sound cringey but

I play Roblox, and Wizard101.

Mostly because those games can run on my laptop well, but I purely still enjoy playing them.

If anyone knows Wizard101s' current update (Mirage) I am level 120 and it was before they patched the mobs. Completed all of it with a storm... They were op.

For Roblox... I only play like two games on there.

the sky is up

2 hours ago, Nomy said:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

I really liked this game, have yet to come upon a single other person that played and liked it as well.

That is seriously one of the most underrated games ever made, yet it blows every single RPG I've ever played when it comes in terms of combat. It's like an RPG with DMC/Darksiders combat, and that's a great thing. As it happens, I'm a huge fan of Salvatore as well.

Sad that the studio went down. :(

On 2/10/2017 at 5:30 PM, deXxterlab97 said:

Dungeon Siege II

I'm not even gonna start talking about that again. xD You're replaying it? Now I have to download it again. You got any good (mainly graphics) mods?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

5 hours ago, boat said:

iirc, a former Jagex employee said anything other than RuneScape hasn't been a success. Their most recent (not current) CEO was more for the short-term profits without any consideration into how things work in the RuneScape/gaming community. He'd even refuse new hires in order to give himself first class treatment. Their new acting CEO is actually a jmod and is more involved with the community, so I imagine they'll either stick to RuneScape, or if they branch off, at least they'll do it right.

I have no trouble believing that. Wasn't that Mark Gerhard or whatever his name was? When was he replaced?

51 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I'm not even gonna start talking about that again. xD You're replaying it? Now I have to download it again. You got any good (mainly graphics) mods?

Played, the game came up on my list randomly. But maybe I will start replay again since the file with the boss I defeated is lost and only have the one prior to me defeating it

2 hours ago, Okjoek said:

I have no trouble believing that. Wasn't that Mark Gerhard or whatever his name was? When was he replaced?

Mark Gerhard left. People actually liked him. He at least put on a good PR face and acknowledged the need for a balance between having microtransactions to keep the game profitable in order to accelerate development of the game with updates, and to preserve the integrity of the game's core values. He left, and one by one, a lot of long-time Jagex staff followed him to his new company.

It's the previous CEO Rodney Cousens who was criticized heavily by that former Jagex staff on reddit. During his tenure, it was also the period of time when Jagex's monetisation team was under a lot of fire from reddit for going "overboard" with microtransactions, ruining many values of RuneScape. Only recently, they announced a lot of those former p2w elements to be accessible by non-mtx-paying players, such as bonus-granting outfits. Before, they were exclusive to heavily-paying members, but now, they were announced to gradually become accessible through gameplay. 

Well, I think EAs Star Wars Battlefront is a great game. One of my favorite shooters in the last few years.

i5 6500 @3.2Ghz, Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Mini, 16GB DDR4 @2400Mhz, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Corsair Vengance 650W, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Thermaltake Versa U21, Hyper 103

AOC Agon AG271UG 27" 4k G-Sync, G933, G502, G801

15 hours ago, boat said:

Mark Gerhard left. People actually liked him. He at least put on a good PR face and acknowledged the need for a balance between having microtransactions to keep the game profitable in order to accelerate development of the game with updates, and to preserve the integrity of the game's core values. He left, and one by one, a lot of long-time Jagex staff followed him to his new company.

It's the previous CEO Rodney Cousens who was criticized heavily by that former Jagex staff on reddit. During his tenure, it was also the period of time when Jagex's monetisation team was under a lot of fire from reddit for going "overboard" with microtransactions, ruining many values of RuneScape. Only recently, they announced a lot of those former p2w elements to be accessible by non-mtx-paying players, such as bonus-granting outfits. Before, they were exclusive to heavily-paying members, but now, they were announced to gradually become accessible through gameplay. 

Oh so Runescape is now owned by some Chinese entity? That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I thought there was a stereotype of Asian controlled games being HEAVILY pay-to-win.