Nvidia shows record profit and revenue off strong gaming sales

Curufinwe_wins
Spoiler

Semantics aside, NVIDIA had a record quarter.  Gross revenue was an impressive $2.173 billion US.  This is up slightly more than $700 million from the previous Q4.  NVIDIA has shown amazing growth during this time attributed to several factors.  Net income (GAAP) is at $655 million.  This again is a tremendous amount of profit for a company that came in just over $2 billion in revenue.  We can compare this to AMD’s results two weeks ago that hit $1.11 billion in revenue and a loss of $51 million for the quarter.  Consider that AMD provides CPUs, chipsets, and GPUs to the market and is the #2 x86 manufacturer in the world.

The yearly results were just as impressive.  FY 2017 featured record revenue and net income.  Revenue was $6.91 billion as compare to FY 2016 at $5 billion.  Net income for the year was $1.666 billion with comparison to $614 million for FY 2016.  The growth for the entire year is astounding, and certainly the company had not seen an expansion like this since the early 2000s.

The core strength of the company continues to be gaming.  Gaming GPUs and products provided $1.348 billion in revenue by themselves.

https://www.pcper.com/news/Editorial/NVIDIA-Announces-Q4-2017-Results#comments

Basically Nvidia is rolling in dough...

It made almost more money than AMD had revenue it's last quarter, and gaming GPU revenue has doubled year to date.

Great news for investors as Nvidias push into the automotive industry also looks to be paying off.

NV-Q4-2014.jpg

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Well, congratulations Nvidia. But you wont get anywhere with 20 hours of gameplay for 25€ and a 1060 (a waste of resources and not gonna yeld a sufficient enough aglomerate of consumers xD)!

Groomlake Authority

Wow that is seriously impressive.  I'm always happy to hear reports that the industry is thriving!  Next it's AMD's turn!  *fingers crossed*

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Well, I just contributed $1200 today. :D

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Their stocks have been fluctuating a lot from what I noticed over the last few months.

....not that I own any or anything.

Im happy their stock is rising because i bought some a while back, but i'm really sad i didn't buy more when i had the chance?

50 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

It might be a good time to invest into AMD with Ryzen set to realse shortly.

1 Year ago was a good time to invest into AMD Stock was $1.84 Currently $13.58  over a 600% increase.

i bought in  and was selling in may- august 3.50-7 dollar range many buy and sells. im not someone who holds long term personally. obviously it would of worked out well in this situation if i did though.  I did make about $400 overall off AMD

1 hour ago, RAM555789 said:

I actually did invest 60 bucks. But i was in dire money straights for the month and took the same amount of money back out (stock prices didn't go down). A week later the price doubled and tripled and I could have made 200 bucks off my stocks... that was a very bad month for me. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

3 hours ago, VagabondWraith said:

Well, I just contributed $1200 today. :D

I did $700 last week, 1080 is beast.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

why do you waste your time posting and arguing over Fiscal year data? This is stuff that hasnt happened. For all we know, a meteor can hit Nvidias HQ next week and thus none of this holds true.

VEGA can become a huge hit, and thus, none of these numbers holds true.

TSMC can be hit by chinese military intervention with Taiwan.

dont

waste

time

with

fiscal

data.

7 hours ago, RAM555789 said:

Should have done that back when it was still $2 USD 2 years ago.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Pretty cool but not surprising. Really wish I'd jumped on AMD stocks but I didn't think of it.

With their very strong showing in categories other than gaming, it won't be long before they're an absolute powerhouse.

Good luck AMD.

2 hours ago, Prysin said:

why do you waste your time posting and arguing over Fiscal year data? This is stuff that hasnt happened. For all we know, a meteor can hit Nvidias HQ next week and thus none of this holds true.

VEGA can become a huge hit, and thus, none of these numbers holds true.

TSMC can be hit by chinese military intervention with Taiwan.

Uhmmm. You know earnings reports are for things that have already happened, right?

This is current data, not future projections.

A companies fiscal year does not have to start in January. It starts whenever the company wants, as long as it's a 12 month period. Naturally it caries on from when they set it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Uhmmm. You know earnings reports are for things that have already happened, right?

This is current data, not future projections.

A companies fiscal year does not have to start in January. It starts whenever the company wants, as long as it's a 12 month period. Naturally it caries on from when they set it.

This includes data from Q2, Q3 and Q4 2017, that can only be trend prediction. There is both past and future data being shown.

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

This includes data from Q2, Q3 and Q4 2017, that can only be trend prediction. There is both past and future data being shown.

@dizmo

Never mind, damn you Nvidia

NVIDIA’s is unique with their fiscal vs. calendar year as compared to how AMD and Intel report. 

So when NVIDIA announces Q4 2017, it is actually reflecting the Q4 period in 2016.  Clear as mud?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*BUTTHURT GTX 970 OWNER AND TRIPLE MONITOR SURROUND USER*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

21 minutes ago, leadeater said:

@dizmo

Never mind, damn you Nvidia

All those years of Accounting finally paid off for something ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Don't you mean Boooo-urns?

You must be from the Nvidia marketing department.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

You must be from the Nvidia marketing department.

Higher up, board of directors:

Spoiler

Image result for mr burns evil laugh

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Higher up, board of directors:

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for mr burns evil laugh

Who made it there, via the marketing department I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

Who made it there, via the marketing department I'm sure.

Well they are the true innovators, who else is going to perfectly embody our D.N.A. and Corporate Culture, the engineers? Pff.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Well they are the true innovators, who else is going to perfectly embody our D.N.A. and Corporate Culture, the engineers? Pff.

At this point, I'm not sure who's being sarcastic.

Damn you marketing people are good.

10 hours ago, RAM555789 said:

And Vega. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD