Trouble with cloned ssd

Dropndestroy213

Hey guys so i bought a 480gb ocz ssd on my visit to micro center. i used macrium reflect to clone to the new drive i had kingston v400 240gb. 

When i checked after using the new drive for a few hrs i seen it shows as a if it was a 240gb not 480gb can anyone help me 

thanks 

4 minutes ago, Dropndestroy213 said:

Hey guys so i bought a 480gb ocz ssd on my visit to micro center. i used macrium reflect to clone to the new drive i had kingston v400 240gb. 

When i checked after using the new drive for a few hrs i seen it shows as a if it was a 240gb not 480gb can anyone help me 

thanks 

It's probably partitioned into 2 240gb partitions. Check in disk management in Windows (Windows key + X)

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

It's probably partitioned into 2 240gb partitions. Check in disk management in Windows (Windows key + X)

if he mirrored it, that probably means he still needs to expand the parititon to the full size of the drive.

(which i dont think windows can do, i usually use gparted for that :P)

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

if he mirrored it, that probably means he still needs to expand the parititon to the full size of the drive.

(which i dont think windows can do, i usually use gparted for that :P)

Well, if my theory turned out to be correct, that's what I would've suggested. 

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Is a bit blurry but I see a area there with un used space. Havn't checked but in diskmanager you might be able to expand it. But would have to google how that would work.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

8 minutes ago, Dropndestroy213 said:

2017-02-09_zpsstzcoqrh.png

Right click your D: partition and select Extend. You should be able to use the remaining unallocated space.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

5 minutes ago, Altecice said:

Right click your D: partition and select Extend. You should be able to use the remaining unallocated space.

looks like that was it

16651495_10155098200784445_1121425511_o_