Apple’s next iPhones may come with wireless charging

NTDaws

Smartphones should come with this and much more for how much they tend to cost, specially flagships and top tier model of them.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

welcome to 2012

Oh my godm I wanted to post that!!! :D

I have in front of me my Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 launched in 2012 and 2013 respectively. They both have wireless charging lol. 

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

So how are we gonna transfer files without the port... Bluetooth, Internet, Local Wifi?

The geek himself.

11 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

So how are we gonna transfer files without the port... Bluetooth, Internet, Local Wifi?

yes, those

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

yes, those

:| USB is normally faster though so that sucks.

The geek himself.

22 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

:| USB is normally faster though so that sucks.

Well it's your news story :P  Doe we know for sure if they are removing the lighting port or not?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

OK but I'm actually wondering since the OP left out this important detail... will it still have a lightning port as well or not? I can totally see them dropping it.

I doubt it... Docking stations & accessory market is huge for iPhone... not to say they won't, but I'd be surprised. 

3 hours ago, Kloaked said:

There was a thread from a couple days ago or something about Apple supposedly moving to what they're calling "UAC".

UAC was to add the connector as a supported connector in the eco-system. It wasn't a new plug for devices. 

/S

OMG Apple did it again! - Wireless charging! what are they going to think of next! I should go out and buy one for myself from such an exclusively innovative company.

:| 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well it's your news story :P  Doe we know for sure if they are removing the lighting port or not?

No official statement has from Apple has been found about removing the port.

The geek himself.

4 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

And we're LTT, we just bitch about things Apple may someday do because some jackoff decided to make a rumor. 

Welcome to my signature wall of quotes.

On another note, I'm not sure what people who like wireless charging are bitching about. I personally don't care for it, but seriously, it just sounds like senseless bitching because they dislike Apple.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

So Apple invented wireless charging?

I also expect the next iphone to cure cancer. 

Lit.

The geek himself.

On 2/9/2017 at 1:01 PM, Dawson Wehage said:

The wireless charging idea does sound good in my eyes. It isn't for sure if they are releasing wireless charging on the iPhones but at the moment it is a 50/50 chance it could come. 

Specifications of the iPhones:

All three will receive a new design, with Apple returning to a glass front and back for the phones. Two models are expected to succeed the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, maintaining the models’ 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch LCD displays. And the third model will be a higher end device, with a 5.8-inch curved OLED display.

Bloomberg reported last year that Apple is working on “cutting-edge” wireless charging tech that may be able to power devices at a distance, so there’s some possibility Apple is looking to do more.

Original Article from The Verge

Hi there! In order to bring this post up to the standards of the Tech News and Reviews Forum, please add a quote from the source, like this one.

Kuo doesn’t say exactly how Apple plans to implement wireless charging. The company already uses wireless charging for the Apple Watch, so it’s very possible we’ll end up seeing something similar to that — it’s the kind of wireless charging we’ve seen on Android phones for years (~The Verge)

A picture as a headline would also be nice. You can check out our TNR posting guidelines here:

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Energycore said:

Hi there! In order to bring this post up to the standards of the Tech News and Reviews Forum, please add a quote from the source, like this one.

A picture as a headline would also be nice. You can check out our TNR posting guidelines here:

I am starting to get very annoyed with this shi*, I'm sorry but why do I have to add the little things to get this added. 

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

I am starting to get very annoyed with this shi*, I'm sorry but why do I have to add the little things to get this added. 

The main reason we upped the standards of TNR was because a ton of people wanted to get on the same topic (getting mentioned in the WAN show is kind of a reward), so we want the threads that stay in TNR to be of high quality. Makes the job easier for Linus, and makes sure the people who get mentioned in the WAN show deserve such mention.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

My fiancé already charges her 7 plus wirelessly on a Samsung qi wireless charger???

Well she has a Mophie case so that might have to do with it.

As long as they get wireless charging (even if its an improvement version), I will be MUCH more willing to jump ship from my Samsung to iPhone when it comes to my next upgrade. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and I use the wireless charging every night. Regardless of what Apple chooses, I always champion options (so choice) which is why I use an Android phone currently so I certainly hope they don't do a wireless charge only and get rid of all ports.....yeah, pure wireless for everything would be annoying.

System

CPU i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Deluxe RAM 32GB PNY GPU nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 w/ 6GB RAM Case White NZXT Phantom Storage Intel 80GB SSD, Samsung 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate 500GB, Seagate 1TB PSU Thermaltake TR2 RX 850 watt Display LG Flatron E2241 Cooling all fans (5) Sound onboard

Operating System Windows 10 Home 64 bit

On 11/02/2017 at 2:03 AM, Dawson Wehage said:

because its the rules......deal with it.

not to mention it makes it easyer to read the news

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

1 hour ago, EPENEX said:

Throw your iPhone in the microwave to charge it.

Don't say that... some people actually believed that when it went around xD 

The worrying part about them dropping the lightning port completely (which personally, I can't see them being that dumb), is other manufacturers seeing it and following behind. 

Progress for the sake of progress is not always good, sometimes it's a better solution to stick with what works. 

had 3 phones that had wireless charging, never used, not a feature i look for when im buying a phone, my requirements when my s7 broke beyond repair(a write off) was 5.5" display,minimum 64GB storage, IP67/8 rating and the iPhone 7 Plus fit the bill, i knew the limitations i have with an apple device, but so far im pleased and i get on averag 8.5 hours of using the device everyday, or time between charges is 7am-11pm so the battery is noticeably better than my s7 

i highly doubt they will drop the lightning port because it makes so much money for them

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

its really sad how pathetic android fanboys are......its like they just have to get there digs in "derp welcome to 2012" apple may not be the first to do things but they influence the industry massively and android users benefit.  like the higher quality materials used, fingerprint scanners, siri, quality cameras......this list goes on.  your an idiot if you think apple will drop the lighting port any time soon. 

TBF i say android but lets face it the same bullshit happens with intel, amd and nvidea.  i hope amd's new cards and chips kick ass. its good for all of us.........now please all grow up and stop with this childish bullshit

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Wish the nexus phones would bring back wireless charging.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I've seen those monitors with the build in wireless charger for phones on its base a while back. Now they seem to have disappeared just like 3DTV

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list