Apple’s next iPhones may come with wireless charging

NTDaws

The wireless charging idea does sound good in my eyes. It isn't for sure if they are releasing wireless charging on the iPhones but at the moment it is a 50/50 chance it could come. 

Specifications of the iPhones:

All three will receive a new design, with Apple returning to a glass front and back for the phones. Two models are expected to succeed the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, maintaining the models’ 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch LCD displays. And the third model will be a higher end device, with a 5.8-inch curved OLED display

Bloomberg reported last year that Apple is working on “cutting-edge” wireless charging tech that may be able to power devices at a distance, so there’s some possibility Apple is looking to do more.

Original Article from The Verge

The geek himself.

Just as long as it doesn't cause itself or anything nearby to explode.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

welcome to 2012

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

So does this mean it won't have a lightning port?  We all joked about this being the next step but I guess the day has come xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

So does this mean it won't have a lightning port?  We all joked about this being the next step but I guess the day has come xD 

next step: remove power, volume and home button

and the final step: remove screen

REVOLUTION at it's finest

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

22 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

The wireless charging idea does sound good in my eyes. It isn't for sure if they are releasing wireless charging on the iPhones but at the moment it is a 50/50 chance it could come. 

Specifications of the iPhones:

All three will receive a new design, with Apple returning to a glass front and back for the phones. Two models are expected to succeed the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, maintaining the models’ 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch LCD displays. And the third model will be a higher end device, with a 5.8-inch curved OLED display.

Bloomberg reported last year that Apple is working on “cutting-edge” wireless charging tech that may be able to power devices at a distance, so there’s some possibility Apple is looking to do more.

Original Article from The Verge

I doubt the wireless charging capability has well has removing the lightning port, it's a financial non-sense. Apple make so much money with lightning cable and stuff around. And wireless charge is proprietary too, and I don't think that Apple is going to pay someone else to do that.

12 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I mean TECHNICALLY with wireless charging and bluetooth... :D

11 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

In 2020: Introducing the iPhone 10. We decided that to go all out on the minimalistic design that we removed every component of the phone. Now it's just nothing. We'll be selling this revolutionary new iPhone for only $999. We've decided that no components are needed anymore and all you need is the satisfaction that you gave Apple money for the new iPhone.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

15 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I mean TECHNICALLY with wireless charging and bluetooth... :D

Bluetooth headphones are the worst headphones ever problems short battery life, Bluetooth disconnect, bad amps and sound quality. 

18 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

15 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

*searches thesaurus for a stronger word than "courage"*

#Brave? Nah.

#Daring? Meh.

Alright, I've got it..

#Idiotic

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Bluetooth headphones are the worst headphones ever problems short battery life, Bluetooth disconnect to bad amps and sound quality. 

Don't buy cheap garbage? My X2s, Freedoms last about 8 hours/charge and I've never had a disconnect issue. They don't sound as good as my SE215s, but the convenience of bluetooth is worth FAR more than the marginally better sound quality on the SE215s. Even my $50 Go2s last about 4 hours/charge and also never had a disconnect issue.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

When are they actually going to remove the actual phone part of the iPhone. I mean, who makes calls anymore am I right? Nah you don't need to call 911. Just send a voice message via WhatsApp to dispatch.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

5 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Bluetooth disconnect to bad amps

So you're saying they connect to good amps? xD 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

So if I want a iPhone 8 (I am guessing that they wont remove the port on the 7s),  then I need to use blueshit headphones, because it has zero ports... No thank you,

Also Apple welcome to 2012.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

So you're saying they connect to good amps? xD 

just remember that Bluetooth headphones have their own amps so the battery has to have a balance between powering the amp and having a long battery life. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

just remember that Bluetooth headphones have their own amps so the battery has to have a balance between powering the amp and having a long battery life. 

There we go, adding punctuation is important :P 

32 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

And I still wonder how it will costs more with features being removed

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

There we go, adding punctuation is important :P 

on a phone

at work

typing fast 

not important as getting the idea across  

OK but I'm actually wondering since the OP left out this important detail... will it still have a lightning port as well or not? I can totally see them dropping it.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

not important as getting the idea across  

" Bluetooth disconnect to bad amps "

That translates to Bluetooth not using bad amps xD 

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

OK but I'm actually wondering since the OP left out this important detail... will it still have a lightning port as well or not? I can totally see them dropping it.

There was a thread from a couple days ago or something about Apple supposedly moving to what they're calling "UAC".

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

And I still wonder how it will costs more with features being removed

the audience doesn't really care about features long as they get the new i phone. the brand sells lot more than capabilities.  

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

God I hope so. I would fucking hate to only have wireless charging. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.