The Onion now competing with real life.

ivan134
1 hour ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Sanders read the same letter that she attempted to though without even being warned.

Wasn't sanders, but it was another senator however he refrained from repeating the parts that were insults and just continued from where she left off, he did end his statement with an insult however it was the end of what he had to say thus there was no reason to tell him to stop talking as he already did.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

15 minutes ago, stconquest said:

How is reading a letter someone about Sessions else wrote equate to the reader insulting Sessions?  There are children in both parties acting like responsible officials.  Don't make excuses for them.

"Fuck you stconquest you are the worst person I've ever talked to" (this is a example not an actual insult as it is quite meaningless)

-Some random quoted letter

Need I say more

Granted I will say it is an exploit of the rule as he isn't being grilled as a senator rather as a nominee I'm sure you can also admit this was merely a stunt by Warren.

In otherwords you are right both sides are petty children however technically the senate rules can be applied her, and given how many politicians are formerly lawyers it is not a surprised they are using the in the manner they are.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

"Fuck you stconquest you are the worst person I've ever talked to"

Need I say more

Granted I will say it is an exploit of the rule as he isn't be grilled as a senator rather as a nominee I'm sure you can also admit this was merely a stunt by Warren.

In otherwords you are right both sides are petty children however technically the senate rules can be applied her, and given how many politicians are formerly lawyers it is not a surprised they are using the in the manner they are.

A stunt? Showing how Sessions is an unapologetic racist is a stunt? K.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

6 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

"Fuck you stconquest you are the worst person I've ever talked to"

Need I say more

Granted I will say it is an exploit of the rule as he isn't be grilled as a senator rather as a nominee I'm sure you can also admit this was merely a stunt by Warren.

The expletive is somewhat rude.  Whether or not I am the "worst" person someone has talked to, is not an insult.  It is either objectively true, or objectively false.  Believing it true or false is not enough.

The moderator is at fault here.  The accusation was false and he should have told that "turtle impersonator" (that's an insult) to crawl back in his shell. 

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

A stunt? Showing how Sessions is an unapologetic racist is a stunt? K.

He isn't an unapologetic racist hence it is a stunt, if he where I doubt he'd be handing death sentences to actual racists who committed heinous acts against blacks in Alabama.

Say what you want about the stupidity of Trump but Sessions doesn't have any notable issues, the only picks I think have valid arguments against them are the secretary of education for being incompetent and the secretary of state for potential business conflicts.

4 minutes ago, stconquest said:

The expletive is somewhat rude.  Whether or not I am the "worst" person someone has talked to, it is not an insult.  It is either objectively true, or objectively false.  Believing it true or false is not enough.

The moderator is at fault here.  The accusation was false and he should have told that "turtle impersonator" (that's an insult) to crawl back in his shell. 

I couldn't find something to quote and don't want the comment something actually insulting but the point is if the rule isn't applied to anything being said read or not then the rule is meaningless

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

This thread went the direction I expected it to. I'm not shocked at all, honestly.

*slow clap

5 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

I couldn't find something to quote and don't want the comment something actually insulting but the point is if the rule isn't applied to anything being said read or not then it the rule is meaningless

You could not make up a better example?  How is that pertinent?

Again, she was not insulting Sessions.  She was reading a letter that shone a light on, what might very well be, the truth about him.  So telling the truth equates to insults if you don't like the subject matter... this is acceptable?... in the senate?

Our parliament here in Canada is worse than this at times, really.  I would not excuse them.

22 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

He isn't an unapologetic racist hence it is a stunt, if he where I doubt he'd be handing death sentences to actual racists who committed heinous acts against blacks in Alabama.

Say what you want about the stupidity of Trump but Sessions doesn't have any notable issues, the only picks I think have valid arguments against them are the secretary of education for being incompetent and the secretary of state for potential business conflicts.

Here, let me help you out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cifamerica/2009/may/05/jeff-sessions-arlen-specter-judiciary-committee

This is also the guy who said during his hearing that secular lawyers have a problem with the truth. Yea, what a fine pick to make sure all Americans are treated fairly.

That's it? What about energy? White nationalist Steve Bannon being on the NSC?

Edited by ivan134

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

11 minutes ago, stconquest said:

snip

The letter calls him a disgrace, incompetent and implies he's a racist in its wording all of which are reason to invoke rule 19, now as I said this is an exploit of the rule but the rule is still present and still applies

I however would be open to them changing the rule to not apply in this case as he is a nominee 

If he is a disgrace, incompetent and racist, then Warren was simply "implying" the truth.  In order to verify that those attributes are based on a truth about the man, there must be open debate.

This was a totalitarian move to silence an active member of the senate.

7 minutes ago, stconquest said:

If he is a disgrace, incompetent and racist, then Warren was simply "implying" the truth.  In order to verify that those attributes are based on a truth about the man, there must be open debate.

Your liberal tears are delicious. I'm going to stay over here and keep winning.

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

Your liberal tears are delicious. I'm going to stay over here and keep winning.

Have you seen the thread in the "Bugs" section?  It is about us.

4 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Have you seen the thread in the "Bugs" section?  It is about us.

Hah. That's hilarious. What else do you expect from snowflakes who want a safe space?

24 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

snip

He had a problem with a specific section of the voting rights act, section 5 to be specific and was chastised for making insensitive jokes neither of which prove the claim you just made, the guardian makes other accusations but those are what blocked his seat prior and the others provide little to no evidence.

Also section 5 has nothing to do with race specifically more so it make any changes to election in affected states require a lawsuit in order to be put in place or direct review from the attorney general and was suppose to be temporary but still existed over 20 years later.

Spoiler

Section 5 was enacted to freeze changes in election practices or procedures in covered jurisdictions until the new procedures have been determined, either after administrative review by the Attorney General, or after a lawsuit before the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, to have neither discriminatory purpose or effect. Section 5 was designed to ensure that voting changes in covered jurisdictions could not be implemented used until a favorable determination has been obtained.

The requirement was enacted in 1965 as temporary legislation

17 minutes ago, stconquest said:

You seem to not understand the point of rule 19 but whatever I'm done discussing it as we have reached an impasse as I've already conceded that this was an exploit of the rule

@stconquestlet's head on over to the climate change deniers channel for some more economics lessons. My college professor didn't know what he was talking about.

11 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

@stconquestlet's head on over to the climate change deniers channel for some more economics lessons. My college professor didn't know what he was talking about.

He is losing it man, in true Republican fashion; stomping his feet and holding his breath till he turns blue.