I've now realised that the G602 is wireless (tought it was also wired), I prefer a wired mouse, since its better, but I heard the G602 is the "first" mouse that is as good as a wired one.

Also I was prefering the Ouroboros, because people said, the battery life of the G700s is very low, but if I use it wired, it recharges while playing, so...

I'm stuck again :/

I've now realised that the G602 is wireless (tought it was also wired), I prefer a wired mouse, since its better, but I heard the G602 is the "first" mouse that is as good as a wired one.

Also I was prefering the Ouroboros, because people said, the battery life of the G700s is very low, but if I use it wired, it recharges while playing, so...

I'm stuck again :/

Yes the G602 is only wireless. It also cant take rechargeable bateries but can run of 1 or 2 batteries. I swapped out the standard alkaline batteries with energizer lithium ones to make the mouse lighter and batteries last longer.

G602 is not the first wireless mouse that is as good as a wired one the G700 was and has a better report rate than the G602. The Ouroboros is also marketed as one of these just as the mamba was in the past. I have never owned a mamba but I can say that I have never had a issue with the wireless for the ouroboros nor the G700, G700s, or G602.

I have a whole post before in this thread on how to get the most out of the G700/G700s battery/power wise. I am using many of the other power saving tricks on ouroboros that I do on the G700s. For me at least the battery on the ouroboros doesnt last any longer that the G700s, actually it might last not as long (just remebered I do use the longer lasting eneloop xx). Both of them take forever to charge via the cable which is why for the G700s I came up with the plan I described earlier using additional batteries and a charger. This however can not be done on the ouroboros as there are at least two very small screws you have to remove to get to the battery. If you remember to plop the mouse on the changing cradle dock thing any time you leave the room for any amount of time you should be fine. I however forget because I am used to how I use the G700s.

Yes the G602 is only wireless. It also cant take rechargeable bateries but can run of 1 or 2 batteries. I swapped out the standard alkaline batteries with energizer lithium ones to make the mouse lighter and batteries last longer.

G602 is not the first wireless mouse that is as good as a wired one the G700 was and has a better report rate than the G602. The Ouroboros is also marketed as one of these just as the mamba was in the past. I have never owned a mamba but I can say that I have never had a issue with the wireless for the ouroboros nor the G700, G700s, or G602.

I have a whole post before in this thread on how to get the most out of the G700/G700s battery/power wise. I am using many of the other power saving tricks on ouroboros that I do on the G700s. For me at least the battery on the ouroboros doesnt last any longer that the G700s, actually it might last not as long (just remebered I do use the longer lasting eneloop xx). Both of them take forever to charge via the cable which is why for the G700s I came up with the plan I described earlier using additional batteries and a charger. This however can not be done on the ouroboros as there are at least two very small screws you have to remove to get to the battery. If you remember to plop the mouse on the changing cradle dock thing any time you leave the room for any amount of time you should be fine. I however forget because I am used to how I use the G700s.

Thanks!

Yeah, totally forgot that, does the Ouroboros recharge as well if you use it wired? Or is this only the G700s?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks!

Yeah, totally forgot that, does the Ouroboros recharge as well if you use it wired? Or is this only the G700s?

Thanks in advance!

It does but they both take for dammed ever like the good part of the day if you using them the whole time which is why for the Ouroboros throw it on the charger when ever you can so you never have to plug it in and use it at the same time. As for the G700s id just buy a set of batteries as its a better solution. You can get them right off amazon if you need links let me know.

Hmmm... And I'm a wired player so the Ouroboros will be plugged in if I buy it and no but thanks for asking, which mouse do u advise me?

I know it comes down to personal choice but meh, I don't know D:

Hmmm... And I'm a wired player so the Ouroboros will be plugged in if I buy it and no but thanks for asking, which mouse do u advise me?

I know it comes down to personal choice but meh, I don't know D:

Well what features do you want in a mouse there are a lot of wired options. And yes since you play wired there is no point in spending the money on a wireless gaming mouse as the same features can be found in wired variants for cheaper (usually).

Well what features do you want in a mouse there are a lot of wired options. And yes since you play wired there is no point in spending the money on a wireless gaming mouse as the same features can be found in wired variants for cheaper (usually).

I know but I just want to "upgrade" my mouse like to the Ouroboros, that looks sick and has (what i think) a very good (dual) laser. I don't care about how much buttons it has, I'm satisfied with 4 or 8 or 12 or w/e...

I know but I just want to "upgrade" my mouse like to the Ouroboros, that looks sick and has (what i think) a very good (dual) laser. I don't care about how much buttons it has, I'm satisfied with 4 or 8 or 12 or w/e...

The dual sensor is shit compared to comparable competitors. The us version of it has the same sensor as the Naga 2014 which I consider to be an upgrade. Besides that they revised a few other things all of which are small improvements.

A mouse ive been interested in persinally has heen the kone pure optical. I also preordered the new steelseries mouse. I hope it truly is them returning to form.

I like my deathadder. Its probably got the best ergonomic shape for my hands.

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

The dual sensor is shit compared to comparable competitors. The us version of it has the same sensor as the Naga 2014 which I consider to be an upgrade. Besides that they revised a few other things all of which are small improvements.

A mouse ive been interested in persinally has heen the kone pure optical. I also preordered the new steelseries mouse. I hope it truly is them returning to form.

Hmm, I have no idea which version it is (I live in Belgium).

I like my deathadder. Its probably got the best ergonomic shape for my hands.

That was one of my choices as well (2013), but than I realised it has about the same buttons as my G500 and there isn't anything wrong with it, so just buying a new mouse with the same amount of buttons would be a waste...

Hmm, I have no idea which version it is (I live in Belgium).

I would have hoped that they updated it every where. The biggest giveaway is not having tw9 sensors mentioned on the box or visible on the bottom of the mouse.

That was one of my choices as well (2013), but than I realised it has about the same buttons as my G500 and there isn't anything wrong with it, so just buying a new mouse with the same amount of buttons would be a waste...

Its doesnt have nearly as many buttons as the G500 it only has 5 which is a bummer for me as I like the mouse but I need at least 1 more button to make dpi change.

I would have hoped that they updated it every where. The biggest giveaway is not having tw9 sensors mentioned on the box or visible on the bottom of the mouse.

I have no clue... And i don't get that last sentence.

Its doesnt have nearly as many buttons as the G500 it only has 5 which is a bummer for me as I like the mouse but I need at least 1 more button to make dpi change.

Well thats the problem, it would be a waste if I bought a mouse with less buttons than i have now while this one works fine.

I have no clue... And i don't get that last sentence.

Well thats the problem, it would be a waste if I bought a mouse with less buttons than i have now while this one works fine.

One the mice that use the dual sensor (which I believe is phillips twin eye) there are litteraly two different sensors on the bottom of the mouse.

The problem is that you mouse already has a good number of buttons. The only mice that easily have more are the "mmo mice". The Ouroboros actually has the same number of buttons as the G500 or G500s once yo disable the off side and persoanlly I would say the placement of the buttons on the G500s is better because button behind the scroll wheel are usually mostly useless to me since their quite hard to hit. Also I dont see the point in use a wireless mouse in wired mode especially if its one that has wired performance over wireless. If you still want to go for it as I know people who only use the G700 wired and pull the battery out to make it lighter. Just abheads up on that its cord is quite stiff.

One the mice that use the dual sensor (which I believe is phillips twin eye) there are litteraly two different sensors on the bottom of the mouse.

The problem is that you mouse already has a good number of buttons. The only mice that easily have more are the "mmo mice". The Ouroboros actually has the same number of buttons as the G500 or G500s once yo disable the off side and persoanlly I would say the placement of the buttons on the G500s is better because button behind the scroll wheel are usually mostly useless to me since their quite hard to hit. Also I dont see the point in use a wireless mouse in wired mode especially if its one that has wired performance over wireless. If you still want to go for it as I know people who only use the G700 wired and pull the battery out to make it lighter. Just abheads up on that its cord is quite stiff.

Is that a problem that you see the laser and the senso at the bottom?

And yes but i think the most new mouses are going to be wireless and able to be wired, so you don't think its a good idea to use the Ouroboros and the G700s wired? And yeah i saw that the G700s has a normal cord, forgot about the Ouroboros tho, I like the cord of the G500 more tho, but I think it doesn't make that much diffrence.

Is that a problem that you see the laser and the senso at the bottom?

And yes but i think the most new mouses are going to be wireless and able to be wired, so you don't think its a good idea to use the Ouroboros and the G700s wired? And yeah i saw that the G700s has a normal cord, forgot about the Ouroboros tho, I like the cord of the G500 more tho, but I think it doesn't make that much diffrence.

Im not saying you see light or anything like that but you do see the physical sensor on the bottom of any mouse, without it there the mouse would not function properly.

The wired and wireless thing is mostly for if is dies while you gaming or if you need to use the mouse at something like a lan where using something wireless would be death due to all the interference. What im saying is personally I dont see the point in spending the extra money (usually considerably extra) on wireless mouse to not use the main feature your paying for, the wirelessness. Yes the Ouroboros has a cord like the G700s but it also needs to be plugged into the dock for the wireless to work and to charge the mouse using the dock. This is unlike the G700s which has a nano receiver with it own USB extension dock so that in order to charge the mouse you dont have to unplug anything. So this is a bit of an inconvenience with the ouroboros because say you use it wirelessly and your mouse dies because you forgot to charge it last night you have to unplug the cable from the dock and plug it into the mouse. There is probably a good reason behind this being that they dont have to deal with the mouse being plugged directly into the computer and the wireless receiver being plugged in as well like the G700s which probably save them development costs.

Woops, I failed can't delete a comment I guess...

Im not saying you see light or anything like that but you do see the physical sensor on the bottom of any mouse, without it there the mouse would not function properly.

The wired and wireless thing is mostly for if is dies while you gaming or if you need to use the mouse at something like a lan where using something wireless would be death due to all the interference. What im saying is personally I dont see the point in spending the extra money (usually considerably extra) on wireless mouse to not use the main feature your paying for, the wirelessness. Yes the Ouroboros has a cord like the G700s but it also needs to be plugged into the dock for the wireless to work and to charge the mouse using the dock. This is unlike the G700s which has a nano receiver with it own USB extension dock so that in order to charge the mouse you dont have to unplug anything. So this is a bit of an inconvenience with the ouroboros because say you use it wirelessly and your mouse dies because you forgot to charge it last night you have to unplug the cable from the dock and plug it into the mouse. There is probably a good reason behind this being that they dont have to deal with the mouse being plugged directly into the computer and the wireless receiver being plugged in as well like the G700s which probably save them development costs.

Yes, but like I mentioned before, probably the most new mice will be wireless, but you will be able to use it wired, so yeah I don't think its a waste then using the Ouroboros or G700s wired.

So it  would actually be better if I go for the DA 2013 or something like that?

And like I probably said before, the mouse won't die because I would use it wired.

Yes, but like I mentioned before, probably the most new mice will be wireless, but you will be able to use it wired, so yeah I don't think its a waste then using the Ouroboros or G700s wired.

So it  would actually be better if I go for the DA 2013 or something like that?

And like I probably said before, the mouse won't die because I would use it wired.

I highly doubt this as only the highest end or most expensive mice in a companies lineup are ever wireless. Also many gamers like you prefered so why would they make it wireless when there is less demand.

Possibly? Its all about what features you want. The Razer Deathadder 2013, Roccat Kone Pure Optical, and the new SteelSeries Rival are all quite nice mice if you want 5+ buttons and just about the best sensor that you can get.

I never said it would die if you use a wireless mouse wired. I know people and have friends that do this with the G700 because they love the ergonomics but the mouse it too heavy with the battery in and they prefer wired mice anyway. What I was saying though is that if you can avoid it why buy a wireless mouse just to use it wired. The reason being that the reason that the mouse cost more than other mice is the fact that it is wireless for the most part.

I highly doubt this as only the highest end or most expensive mice in a companies lineup are ever wireless. Also many gamers like you prefered so why would they make it wireless when there is less demand.

Possibly? Its all about what features you want. The Razer Deathadder 2013, Roccat Kone Pure Optical, and the new SteelSeries Rival are all quite nice mice if you want 5+ buttons and just about the best sensor that you can get.

I never said it would die if you use a wireless mouse wired. I know people and have friends that do this with the G700 because they love the ergonomics but the mouse it too heavy with the battery in and they prefer wired mice anyway. What I was saying though is that if you can avoid it why buy a wireless mouse just to use it wired. The reason being that the reason that the mouse cost more than other mice is the fact that it is wireless for the most part.

I'm just more familiar with logitech and Razer and I think the G700s and the Razer Ouroboros are the best products from them, so thats why I would buy it, even if its wireless...

There are 2 versions of the Ouroboros,the US one i think,has screws but the non-US one is just like a slide lock :). Mine is a slide lock :)

Spoiler

| CPU:

Intel i7-4790K | MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus 7 Ranger | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | RAM: Kingstom HyperX 8GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | HD:  WDC Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair 650W | Case: NZXT H440

Razer Mamba 2015| Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Headset: Steelseries H Wireless | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus | Monitor: Asus PA246Q

There are 2 versions of the Ouroboros,the US one i think,has screws but the non-US one is just like a slide lock :). Mine is a slide lock :)

Do you use it wired or wireless?

Do you use it wired or wireless?

I use them both wired and wireless. Usually wireless,then when i run out of juice,i just set it on wired and continue playing lol :)

Spoiler

| CPU:

Intel i7-4790K | MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus 7 Ranger | GPU: Asus STRIX GTX 970 | RAM: Kingstom HyperX 8GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | HD:  WDC Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair 650W | Case: NZXT H440

Razer Mamba 2015| Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Headset: Steelseries H Wireless | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus | Monitor: Asus PA246Q