Apple v. Samsung case goes back to where it all began

Guest Kloaked
Go to solution Solved by Blade of Grass,
On 2017-02-08 at 1:31 PM, Qwweb said:

Design patents are extremely sketchy in most cases, as for Apple in this case. Apple needs to prove beyond a reasonable doubt

No they don't. This is a civil trial, all Apple needs to prove is that Samsung most likely copied Apple's design. The burden of proof for civil law is the preponderence of evidence, not beyond a reasonable doubt. 

10 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Apple is 100% original. They invented the desktop UI.

By invented you mean stole from xerox who invented it a decade earlier..

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

be careful how you arrage your meats and vegs. You might get sued.

I imagine them as people that when someone pulls out a Biro pen they have mild nerdgasms about how much the Biro cost, then are searching up if anyone in the executive lounge has been uses the same pen, and should they sue as it's copying their social media image, and how would it impact their PR... GOD THEY WOULD DRIVE ME FUCKING DAFT.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

3 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

By invented you mean stole from xerox who invented it a decade earlier..

Next thing you're going to tell me is that straight males prefer women over men.

Really.. there's only so how much you can design a certain UI and physical simple shape of a phone.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

nokia should sue both since they had rounded edges on rectangle phones and even icon grids first... actually sony (erricson) should sue for having a touch only rectangle phone with rounded edges and icon grid 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 hours ago, Sakkura said:

It's a design patent, which has different requirements from a utility patent.

But it has a very specific domain of application as a trade-off. If apple wasn't suing in their territory they wouldn't even win probably.

18 hours ago, Djole123 said:

This is the controversial design in question:

samsung-galaxy-s-1.jpg

It kinda does resemble the iOS 3 style, tho it had more features and aged like milk.

I'm never using Samsung again for that ugly style

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

On 2/9/2017 at 1:10 PM, NunoLava1998 said:

I'm never using Samsung again for that ugly style

that's a 2010 phone, a LOT has changed since then.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

If they're going to be consistent on the grid layout claim, they'd have to sue practically every company as they all use it to one extent or another.

This is one of those areas in company right protections (copyrights, patents, etc.) that I have a hard time supporting....just like how I think it is ridiculous that Fox has the exclusive right to the word "mutant" - reason why movies like Captain America aren't allowed to use the term.

System

CPU i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Deluxe RAM 32GB PNY GPU nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 w/ 6GB RAM Case White NZXT Phantom Storage Intel 80GB SSD, Samsung 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate 500GB, Seagate 1TB PSU Thermaltake TR2 RX 850 watt Display LG Flatron E2241 Cooling all fans (5) Sound onboard

Operating System Windows 10 Home 64 bit

On 2017-02-08 at 1:31 PM, Qwweb said:

Design patents are extremely sketchy in most cases, as for Apple in this case. Apple needs to prove beyond a reasonable doubt

No they don't. This is a civil trial, all Apple needs to prove is that Samsung most likely copied Apple's design. The burden of proof for civil law is the preponderence of evidence, not beyond a reasonable doubt. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB