Talk about Trump (and other off topic stuff)

ivan134
16 minutes ago, Atmos said:

You don't live in california do you?

I consider myself a liberal, one of the very few actually left living where I do, and I can say with absolute certainty you are wrong; at least, where I live in the mostly above middle class area of southern california.

Even though I agree more with the left than the right on stances of policy, if I were to voice my opinions in any sort of public form here I would be absolutely shouted down. That 'minority' you speak of, is the majority here of politically active persons, and its fucking terrifying.

Antifa is something I'm actually legitimately concerned about on my campus, as if the radical gender-bending marxist terrorists weren't enough. They already started violent riots on a nearby campus, and a lot of that sentiment is held at the campus I currently attend. Its fucking bad, like, really fucking bad.

No, I live in Massachusetts and that sounds terrifying. That still harkens back to what I said about most actual liberals being complacent. Idiots with their 1st world problems like "white people shouldn't dress as native Americans on Halloween" will continue to make us look bad if we don't do anything about it and actively shut that shit down.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

46 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Example:  I will never let go of the idea that all war can cease on a global scale.  Objectively it is possible and makes a helluva lot of sense to work towards.  Bombing dozens of civilians to try to kill one guy in a foreign country automatically raises my IHATETRUMP flag.  Maybe this will be a lesson for him.... oh wait... that idiot went onto the podium and said it was a success.  Tomorrow Trump will come out saying he wants world peace, but the world is just to messed up... that type of guy.

I agree with you. I haven't looked into all of this myself recently since I've been swamped with work - I've missed the press briefings and all of the reports from my usual sources (CNN, HuffPo, NYTimes, etc) so I can find at least some allusion to the truth of the matter.

The "media" is not generally lying about what Trump does.  If all you see the media for is the mistakes in reporting that any news outlet will experience than the "media" is 100% wrong all the time.

The media is not always 100% wrong, and they're not always lying - they are lying in general. They will distort facts, add useless commentary, and even go as far as making up stories to spin a narrative.

I do not have all of my examples at the drop of a hat of what they've lied about, but I did not come to my conclusion about my preferences being in the Trump administration and having my beef with the media overnight. I didn't just listen to people who would just validate what I already think and that would be it.

I have been watching DemocracyNow steadily for over a decade and TYT off and on for years.  I have learned that what people say reveals a path to the truth about anything, not who is saying what.  Actually listening to people simply talk reveals their convictions and indicates whether or not they know what they are talking about or even lying outright.  I used to use news outlets to motivate myself to investigate thing more thoroughly; a way to decide where to look.  I still do sometimes. 

If you think TYT is like Breitbart, I can't help you.  Prove it.  No they are not perfect, but they are not out to deceive people the way the Breitbart outlet will happily do.  TYT interviews is awesome.  Again:  Listening to people talk about subjects is what I like most; one real reason that someone like Trump falls off of my credibility cliff.

If you have the time to watch these videos, this is why I think TYT is a cancer. On top of that, I've seen people say "Wow I used to like TYT but they've gone far off the deep end recently". You as a viewer would probably say that Cenk and the rest of them are the same people talking the same way about what they're reporting. Nothing's changed - the thing that has changed are their former viewership.

Anyways, videos:

All of these videos are coming from an opposing viewpoint (and depending on who you ask, biased (who has a bias amirite?)) and I don't expect you to watch them all at length, but that is just a few videos explaining why Cenk and all of them are complete idiots and shouldn't be taken with any seriousness what so ever.

I'm also not trying to make the point that all liberals or whatever are absolutely wrong about everything, so don't take it that way.

1 hour ago, ivan134 said:

False. I am not expecting anything out of anyone. That is just your assumption. I've done the last of my expecting over the last 9 years. I have come to fully grasp what I'm dealing with. Unfortunately, most liberals still don't get it.

Sounds like the same logic that long-time racists have.

Aka you have no grasp on economic systems and purposely deciding to ignore history. Those are the exact policies that led to the crash of 08 and is the reason why most red states are doing terribly financially and have a ridiculous number of people on welfare. Care to cite any point in history this method has worked for any state, the U.S. Or any country in the world?

AKA making assumptions out of thin air just to make it seem like your point is more valid than mine.

Historically, no biased policy has been perfect. I'm not a person who can remember everything that I learned in the history classes that I took. I do know, however, that if people would have an ounce of personal responsibility and proper ethics and at least a moderate code of morals, us dumb right-wingers wouldn't have elected someone like Trump.

Trump did not become more successful with the had he was dealt. He made lots of really bad decisions and lost almost $1 billion at one point and had to be bailed out by people who had invested in him. If Trump had just invested the money he inherited, he would have been better off today 

I'm not venturing that far back into Trump's history, because I don't care. All I care about is whether or not he can do the job and so far he's doing what he promised and that's why I voted for him.

Ummm, target rich means he's an easy target with lots of things to attack him on. Has nothing to do with his wealth.

I asked to confirm what they meant. If you'd read back up you'd see I actually got clarification. :)

Now, just because I'm not directly countering things you're saying, don't go thinking you've won the debate here. I've been very consistent about what I've said about Trump and whomever else has been in office. What you're doing is pointing out tidbits about Trump that would make him look bad, just like how Republicans made a big fuss about Obama's history about smoking weed and whatever the hell else they came up with. I never cared about it. I only care if they do a good job, and he didn't do a good enough job in my opinion, just like Bush didn't, and just like Clinton didn't. I want Trump to do a good job, because I'm a fucking patriot.

So far the chaos have only been created by people from within the country , His hard ass attitude is what concerns most people , He challenged the media & they took it personally & the rest followed,  to be frank this is nothing short of a subtle smear campaign as he made lots of enemies being politically incorrect throughout this course . Dudes tough, Any other politician with this amount of severe heat would probably commit suicide.

Details separate people.

@stconquest found it

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 hours ago, Xandaaa said:

-snip-

3 hours ago, NoNamer12345 said:

-snip-

Seriously stop making the rest of the left look bad by being obnoxious like this. That's why the left gets called SJWs. Contribute with civil and rational comments, not this spew.

5 hours ago, stconquest said:

This "SJW" bull is still beyond me.  I get what SJW opponents see, but I don't get how they correlate the general ideology of an entire majority of the population (very possible majority) to some very fringe ideology.  They have to push the space cadet ideology of wackos onto a viable target, like "moderates".

You are right about force, it is necessary.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mean play patty-cakes with fundamentalists of any sort and I also don't mean violence.  Just a "say no to crack" type of engagement policy as a general rule.  You control how far you want to go, or stop entirely.  I will still engage opposing views, hopefully to a productive means even if I am the only one benefiting from the experience.

Don't forget, this is a tech forum... we ain't getting nothing done in these political threads =P 

If it was not for this forum, I might not have ever learned about the threat to global freedoms that SJWs are... xD... :|

Debates typically work better in person whereas trying to debate on the Internet is like expecting a Penguin to fly, you're going to be severely disappointed.

Edited by Blade of Grass
Removed quotes

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

4 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Seriously stop making the rest of the left look bad by being obnoxious like this. That's why the left gets called SJWs. Contribute with civil and rational comments, not this spew.

It was supposed to be a joke. Sorry if it was probably a bit too harsh. Deleting that post now.

Edit: Well it seems like the post was deleted. I didn't do it though.

Edited by NoNamer12345

12 minutes ago, NoNamer12345 said:

It was supposed to be a joke. Sorry if it was probably a bit too harsh. Deleting that post now.

Edit: Well it seems like the post was deleted. I didn't do it though.

It appears mods are watching the thread and probably just went ahead and deleted it. Users can't delete posts by the way, only mods can.

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

It appears mods are watching the thread and probably just went ahead and deleted it. Users can't delete posts by the way, only mods can.

It would appear so, but the thing is, I have no idea what "Mods" is. Can you share the full form because I am kinda new on this forums. Getting to know stuff here.

8 minutes ago, NoNamer12345 said:

It would appear so, but the thing is, I have no idea what "Mods" is. Can you share the full form because I am kinda new on this forums. Getting to know stuff here.

Moderators

I can't take all of this bait...

48 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I can't take all of this bait...

Just remember most of the SJW's here are underage and just going with the flow following their idols such as Beyonce and Madonna or don't even live in the USA.

But, I'll bite

2 hours ago, NoNamer12345 said:

Oh, that's pretty simple. Thanks by the way!

Should also familiarize yourself with the code of conduct.

At least try to and you'll be fine.

6 minutes ago, dexT said:

Just remember most of the SJW's here are underage and just going with the flow following there idols such as Beyonce and Madonna or don't even live in the USA.

But, I'll bite

The sad moment when someone quotes you but doesn't know your position. I'm a leftist bub but I don't exactly care for all of the bait political threads that have been popping up lately.

4 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

The sad moment when someone quotes you but doesn't know your position. I'm a leftist bub but I don't exactly care for all of the bait political threads that have been popping up lately.

Bwahaha. Good on ya though..

MFW Ivan steadily wants to bait people yet complains about everyone else being unreasonable

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

MFW Ivan steadily wants to bait people yet complains about everyone else being unreasonable

giphy.gif

I thought trolling was against the rules but they just keep going with no consequences.

1 minute ago, dexT said:

I thought trolling was against the rules but they just keep going with no consequences.

I've reported him multiple times for veiled personal attacks and trolling but I haven't seen anything done about it. This isn't unusual but whatever. I'm starting to just not care anymore.

Where were you guys when "certain members" were running daily threads on what Trump tweeted they day previous?  TBF, I only saw a three day consecutive blast, but I suspect there were more.

Oh guys look what Trump said!  Tell me how great he is?

Okay... I will see myself out... I knew about this story already.

:ph34r:

-OPsnipperooni-

Hmm, political bait much? 

22 minutes ago, dexT said:

-sillysnippity-

Hrmmm, echo chambers much?

Frankly, I'm getting tired of all this. :I

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

7 minutes ago, EPENEX said:

Bait? Lol, this isn't bait.

People seriously don't know what bait actually is. For Trump to say that the media is covering up terrorist attacks is nothing short of living in an alternate reality.

Edited by ivan134

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Where were you guys when "certain members" were running daily threads on what Trump tweeted they day previous?  TBF, I only saw a three day consecutive blast, but I suspect there were more.

Oh guys look what Trump said!  Tell me how great he is?

Okay... I will see myself out... I knew about this story already.

:ph34r:

If you're talking about SurvivorNVL (sounds like something he'd do), he probably should have been banned a long time ago.

I wasn't posting around that time I don't believe anyways.

5 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I've reported him multiple times for veiled personal attacks and trolling but I haven't seen anything done about it. This isn't unusual but whatever. I'm starting to just not care anymore.

Yeah I may observe them for just a lil longer.