Talk about Trump (and other off topic stuff)

ivan134
5 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Mental midget getting outraged over something that's beyond him.

Could you explain what you mean further? I've been rolling my eyes too hard and I can barely make out some words.

14 minutes ago, Blade of Grass said:

You guys are killing me, I merged all your threads

Will be reading through to make sure you guys are all posting above board... which of course we know you are ;) 

Firstly, I would like to thank the mods and LinusMediaGroup for hosting this thread. Merging all of the recent political shitposts bait threads was a great idea and a great way to bring everyone together. It's such an honor being a part of this megathread. Ivan tried to divide us, but no more.

#HeWillNotDivideUs

Secondly, I would like to thank you personally, Blade of Grass for being such a great moderator. Don't we have the best moderators, folks?

Thirdededly, Bill Clinton is a rapist.

14 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Mental midget getting outraged over something that's beyond him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, insulting someone doesn't make you superior.

It just ends up making the person who insults look like an ass.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, insulting someone doesn't make you superior.

Hah, no. Crowder is definitely a mental midget.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

UWOT? Say it ain't so.

Just now, ivan134 said:

Translation: Someone disagrees with me so they're a mental midget.

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

There's better ways to disagree than to stoop to someone's level.

Big rule of making a good argument, don't stoop to the opposition's level.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

What's that saying? People don't like taking a dose of their own medicine?

4 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

You need to go back and read through the thread to see my stance on "don't stoop to the opposition's level."

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

5 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

UWOT? Say it ain't so.

Translation: Someone disagrees with me so they're a mental midget.

Oh is this like you would always call me a bigot because in your opinion millions of illegals voted? Just like last time, this isn't about opinions. This is about facts.

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

You need to go back and read through the thread to see my stance on "don't stoop to the opposition's level."

Yet you stoop to the opposition's level.

Here's your quote:

18 hours ago, ivan134 said:

I commend you for that, but I can't do it anymore. I've been doing that doing the last 9 years and I'm tired. There's only one language they understand.

Contrary to the popular belief of right wing bubbles, and I know you already know this, the authoritarian left is just a vocal minority. Most liberals in the U.S. like to "take the higher ground", "be the better person" and think that the truth, facts and logic will always win against spin. This kind of thinking is why we got Trump and I don't think "being cool" works. Attempting to have a rational conversation with irrational people is a fool's errand as far as I'm concerned.

I saw an analysis that got me thinking about how liberals tend to frame an issue in a logical manner when logic doesn't work on the average person. Conservative ruling class tend to have backgrounds in marketing and are skilled at manipulating the general populace (I might be using some wrong words here, I'll try and find the analysis). 

I'm not attacking you, in fact I commend you, but IMO that approach doesn't get anything done against the majority of conservatives.

giphy.gif

Oh is this like you would always call me a bigot because in your opinion millions of illegals voted? Just like last time, this isn't about opinions. This is about facts.

Wow get it right. You mean alternative facts.

3 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Yet you stoop to the opposition's level.

Here's your quote:

giphy.gif

Thanks fam. I was about to go back through the thread and find it.

@Dan Castellaneta

Just now, ivan134 said:

@Dan Castellaneta

Cognitive dissonance.

3 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

@Dan Castellaneta

@Dan Castellaneta also appropriate. The usual rules of debate don't apply here.

Just now, ivan134 said:

@Dan Castellaneta also appropriate. The usual rules of debate don't apply here.

We have the best fake news don't we folks?

Meanwhile, good ole Ivan calls Steven Crowder a mental midget, yet links videos from super progressive individuals of the opposite spectrum while acting like they're doing god's work in the political space.

Cognitive dissonance.

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Meanwhile, good ole Ivan calls Steven Crowder a mental midget, yet links videos from super progressive individuals of the opposite spectrum while acting like they're doing god's work in the political space.

Cognitive dissonance.

Remember, we're white, we're not allowed to have a political opinion because it's wrong and we don't repent our whiteness. ;)

1 hour ago, Kloaked said:

Providing health insurance as required by law is part of the cost of doing business. It's not the government's fault that someone goes into an unprofitable industry. Creating exceptions leads to loopholes that can be exploited.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

4 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Cognitive dissonance.

Hah. A professor of cognitive science. You know, an actual scientist as opposed to a climate change denier.

lol laughing laugh haha hilarious

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Providing health insurance as required by law is part of the cost of doing business. It's not the government's fault that someone goes into an unprofitable industry. Creating exceptions leads to loopholes that can be exploited.

Not fixing the root of the problem is why our healthcare system is broken and things like the ACA can never and will never work. Let alone whatever confounded idea The Bern can come up with.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Not fixing the root of the problem is why our healthcare system is broken and things like the ACA can never and will never work. Let alone whatever confounded idea The Bern can come up with.

Yea, all those other developed countries that use the system he's proposing are falling apart.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Remember, we're white, we're not allowed to have a political opinion because it's wrong and we don't repent our whiteness. ;)

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

Obamacare opened up a can of worms that needs to be fixed. I was promised my costs would go down, but they went up. The argument is that forcing people to have health insurance is overstepping the government's authority. Ted Cruz brought up good points in last night's debate with Bernie if you care to even listen to his side.

Hah. A professor of cognitive science. You know, an actual scientist as opposed to a climate change denier.

It's almost like people have biases no matter what area of study they go into. Do you not realize this?

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

@Dan Castellaneta

My view on "stooping to someone's level" is that you can't just blanket conservatives and liberals, or Trump voters vs. Hillary voters. That's why you had a lot of centrists leaning for Trump, especially the ones who didn't mind political incorrectness. Trump spoke to that audience, and while yes, he should've had a more presidential manner throughout, he also said things Obama or Hillary wouldn't dare to use, especially terms like "radical Islamic terrorism", and targeting the source heavily.

I commend all voters who, while prefer one candidate, wish the best for the other(s). Morgan Freeman comes to mind. Hillary supporter but wants Trump to succeed on all fronts, and I commend him for that. I have a friend who voted Gary Johnson but wants Trump to, well, Make America Great Again.

Even if I was pessimistic on Hillary throughout the election, I would've wanted her to succeed.

What my issue here is that you had a lot of voters on either side that hated one candidate's guts and wouldn't swallow the bitter pill of that the other side has a different opinion. I sit center right politically, and while I may disagree with some leftist ideologies, I agree with others, especially when it comes down to LGBT rights. The problem is both sides have ideas that wouldn't work in the society we have, and that's where the big divide comes from. These people usually stoop to really shite insults, and what I'm saying is be better than that. Be sophisticated, use objective proof to prove someone wrong, or better yet, meet a compromise.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

As far as I understood his answer, it was based off of the current system. Changing to a system where each individual pays a small tax instead of the business subsidizing the cost would fix her issue.

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

3 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Yea, all those other developed countries that use the system he's proposing are falling apart.

So evidently you think just because it falls under the "free healthcare provided by government" umbrella you think it'll work just like it does in all of those other Western countries.

Guess what, it doesn't, because you're still not correctly identifying what the root of the health care problem is.

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

As far as I understood his answer, it was based off of the current system. Changing to a system where each individual pays a small tax instead of the business subsidizing the cost would fix her issue.

Still doesn't fix the root issue.

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Obamacare opened up a can of worms that needs to be fixed. I was promised my costs would go down, but they went up. The argument is that forcing people to have health insurance is overstepping the government's authority. Ted Cruz brought up good points in last night's debate with Bernie if you care to even listen to his side.

I haven't gotten around to watching the whole thing yet, I was just commenting on that particular clip. I'm in a break between classes at the moment so I'll have to watch it later.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

So evidently you think just because it falls under the "free healthcare provided by government" umbrella you think it'll work just like it does in all of those other Western countries.

Guess what, it doesn't, because you're still not correctly identifying what the root of the health care problem is.

Still doesn't fix the root issue.

Oh, really? I thought it was because our healthcare system was for profit, but please do tell what the root of the problem is.