A pinned 1060 vs 480 topic

JoostinOnline

I haven't been here very long, but I quickly noticed how often people start new topics about which one is the best decision.  Don't you think a pinned topic in the GPU section would be a good idea?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Yes. now how tf do we pin it. is it already pinned?

Edited by Godlygamer23
Clean up.

I'm going to say no based on the idea that we would have to keep up with it, creating a new xxx vs yyy thread every time AMD and NVIDIA made similarly priced and performing products.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I'm going to say no based on the idea that we would have to keep up with it, creating a new xxx vs yyy thread every time AMD and NVIDIA made similarly priced and performing products.

Unless there is a major change, I don't think it would be necessary.  Even if you just did a single "RX 480 vs GTX 1060 Discussion" thread without any official endorsement, it would help keep the subforum organized.  A single thread is better than 40000000 threads.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Unless there is a major change, I don't think it would be necessary.  Even if you just did a single "RX 480 vs GTX 1060 Discussion" thread without any official endorsement, it would help keep the subforum organized.  A single thread is better than 40000000 threads.

Another issue is people are going to likely ignore it, and still create them.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

3 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

not necessarily, these cards deserve their own pinned thread especially because they are aimed at the biggest audience in pc gaming. maybe in a few years when the generations cycle we'll need another one but I think that if any at least, its these two cards that should have a pinned thread. to restate my point, SO MANY PEOPLE are buying these cards. its targeted at SUCH A WIDE AUDIENCE, and people aiming to get these probably don't know better.

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Another issue is people are going to likely ignore it, and still create them.

tru, but whats the point of ANY pinned thread?

1 minute ago, Xandaaa said:

not necessarily, these cards deserve their own pinned thread especially because they are aimed at the biggest audience in pc gaming. maybe in a few years when the generations cycle we'll need another one but I think that if any at least, its these two cards that should have a pinned thread. to restate my point, SO MANY PEOPLE are buying these cards. its targeted at SUCH A WIDE AUDIENCE, and people aiming to get these probably don't know better.

I don't think it's worth our time.

1 minute ago, Xandaaa said:

tru, but whats the point of ANY pinned thread?

If you take something like the pinned thread about SLI, it provides general information about the technology. It may talk about SLI, but it applies to NVIDIA's products as a whole which support it. 

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I don't think it's worth our time.

hmm i feel like i'm wading into  some hot waters in here, especially since I'm waging war with a GODLY gamer, XD, but like, 27,764 posts, you clearly have a lot of time, and I thnk this is worth it. let me be a mod and I'll do it myself XD. Please don't hurt me

You cannot pin a X vs Y which is better considering you can always find graphs showing one versus the other is better, personal opinion, etc...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99