How To Control Case Fans?

Garrison Marsh
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
2 minutes ago, Garrison Marsh said:

I have an ASRock H97 Anniversary mobo, I've tried looking up software from ASRock but the website looks kinda sketchy and I don't really know what I'm doing there.

Your best option for a built in solution would be to setup fan control through the BIOS. 

I have had my PC for a long time and haven't figured out how to control my case fans. Right now it is on the same RPM all the time and I would like to make it to where it will go faster if the PC gets hotter or something but only my GPU fan does that now. I've tried using Speedfan I haven't been able to get that to work. Also, my fan is plugged into my motherboard.

I use the NZXT Grid+ V2 to control my fans, but some people deem it unnecessary. SpeedFan is fairly difficult to understand, but
JayzTwoCents made a nice tutorial about how to use it. 

16 minutes ago, Garrison Marsh said:

I have had my PC for a long time and haven't figured out how to control my case fans. Right now it is on the same RPM all the time and I would like to make it to where it will go faster if the PC gets hotter or something but only my GPU fan does that now. I've tried using Speedfan I haven't been able to get that to work. Also, my fan is plugged into my motherboard.

What motherboard and fans do you have, most times you can go into the BIOS and setup fan curves or have software the board manufacture's provide. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

What motherboard and fans do you have, most times you can go into the BIOS and setup fan curves or have software the board manufacture's provide. 

I have an ASRock H97 Anniversary mobo, I've tried looking up software from ASRock but the website looks kinda sketchy and I don't really know what I'm doing there.

2 minutes ago, Garrison Marsh said:

Your best option for a built in solution would be to setup fan control through the BIOS. 

5 minutes ago, Garrison Marsh said:

ASRock but the website looks kinda sketchy

thats a shockingly common thing for mobo manufacturers tbh...

14 hours ago, Garrison Marsh said:

Don't worry, their site has been like that for ages. Even when I got some BIOS updates back in 2005. Anyway, you are looking the ASRock A-Tuning utility. Select your OS (selection page) and scroll down to utilities.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv