Automated download Floatplane club

Hi guys !

I just subscribed to the floatplane club and was thinking that the forum wasn't a great way to watch the videos (I know it's still in a kind of beta, I'm not complaining).

As I am currently using a plex server and sonarr (automated downloads) for all my totally legal media, I was wondering if it would be possible to automatically download the floatplane videos (maybe with rss?) so we would be able to watch everything from the same place, aka Plex ?

That would be SO awesome !

Gaming rig : i5 6600k | EVGA 1070 FTW | 16Go DDR4 HyperX Fury | Intel 600p - WD Black

Laptop : Macbook 2017

Home server : AMD A10 7700k | 2*2TB unraid array + 250GB ssd cache

Well you could always make your own script but ya know, maybe we could get this implemented as a native forum thing :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

-moved to feature suggestions-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

Has anything like this been implemented? RSS?

I have an identical setup - and if RSS was implemented I would subscribe to the club.

1 hour ago, stuntguy3000 said:

Hey there,

Has anything like this been implemented? RSS?

I have an identical setup - and if RSS was implemented I would subscribe to the club.

At the moment, there is no useful RSS feed (there is one, but it requires you to be logged in and doesn't include the video URLs). It is something that may be implemented in the future though, depending on demand and an appropriate architecture.

HTTP/2 203

• 1 month later...

I'd love to have this feature too.

i DEFINITELY WOULDN'T mind this feature

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

I'm not sure how close Luke and the team are to rolling out the new improved off-forum version, but if something like that were to be added, it would be done there, not here I think, and it would probably be quite doable.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I've been working for some days on a NodeJS script that helps downloading new videos and parse them for Plex.

It's on a GitHub repo here : Floatplane-Downloader

It's still in a early alpha release so I recommend to use it only if you know what you are doing.

I'm currently looking at adding automated download into it (you have to run it every time you want to check out if there is any new videos)

If anyone have some NodeJS skill here, feel free to help out through Issues/Pull requests!

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps I'm not grasping the complexities, but why not just a RSS feed of URLs to the different quality MP4s for each video, with access restricted behind some variety of authentication (anything from HTTP BASIC to Oauth2)?

It shouldn't be easier to automate the pirating of the living shit out of all-the-AV-things via EZTV than it is to support you guys ...

5 hours ago, VariousPickles said:

Perhaps I'm not grasping the complexities, but why not just a RSS feed of URLs to the different quality MP4s for each video, with access restricted behind some variety of authentication (anything from HTTP BASIC to Oauth2)?

It shouldn't be easier to automate the pirating of the living shit out of all-the-AV-things via EZTV than it is to support you guys ...

An RSS feed behind any form of authentication has problems, because most readers that I've seen have limited support for authentication. However, that's not the issue - the difficult part is that the video releases are handled through the forum, which knows nothing about the backend. In addition, when you request a video, a short-lived personal token is generated for you, which wouldn't work for an RSS feed where things in there should last for longer.

It is something that will be looked into with the new site, but it isn't something that can just be magically added, so it doesn't make sense to spend ages implementing it on the existing system which is not going to be used after the new site launches.

HTTP/2 203