[IGN] EA CEO Resigns

Dave :)
Electronic Arts' John Riccitiello is stepping down as chief executive officer. He submitted his resignation to EA's board of directors today. Effective March 30, former EA president and CEO Larry Probst will step in as executive chairman while the company searches for a replacement.

Source

Interesting, the article you linked is broken.

I wonder why he has decided on this, wonder if it's the whole EA fiasco going around and SimCity was the icing on the cake or what. Wonder if this will have a side affect like how Steve Jobs left Apple and did poorly, wonder if it will happen to EA in some way.

Electronic Arts' John Riccitiello is stepping down as chief executive officer. He submitted his resignation to EA's board of directors today. Effective March 30' date=' former EA president and CEO Larry Probst will step in as executive chairman while the company searches for a replacement.[/quote'] Source

Got ya back bro! http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57574971-235/ea-ceo-john-riccitiello-resigns/

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Electronic Arts' John Riccitiello is stepping down as chief executive officer. He submitted his resignation to EA's board of directors today. Effective March 30' date=' former EA president and CEO Larry Probst will step in as executive chairman while the company searches for a replacement.[/quote'] Source

Got ya back bro! http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57574971-235/ea-ceo-john-riccitiello-resigns/

Linus posted this on Twitter earlier ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Thanks for the link Brad.

So, did he resign or get fired? I've been reading back and forth between the two. It seems that he resigned and the company mutually agreed. So, it's both?

I do think Origin is getting better.

Compared to steam, they have real Customer Support where you talk to real people, not be sent to a website.

Plus, I get coupons from Origin, so that's where my loyalty lies. Sorry steam, you just don't cut it for me, + You do not have any huge Titles such as Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

steam *SALES* plus big titles like Skyrim Xcom Tomb Raider. play for free weekends. developments like Big screen and controller support... they have my loyalty

EA has lost me because of what they did with SWTOR I was on the fence with them prior to SWTOR and that was the final nail in the coffin that did it for me

I do think Origin is getting better.

Compared to steam, they have real Customer Support where you talk to real people, not be sent to a website.

Plus, I get coupons from Origin, so that's where my loyalty lies. Sorry steam, you just don't cut it for me, + You do not have any huge Titles such as Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3

I just like having all my games in one place, and because Steam was that place originally then that's what I want to stick to. It's more of an annoyance than anything. I'm not going to let Origin stop me from playing games I want to play. But I mean imagine if every publisher came out with their own client? That'd start getting annoying, Uplay & Origin are too many for me already.

Many thanks, OP link *should* be fixed.

Chief Operating Officers don't get "fired" they're forced to resign, ever since this guy took charge of EA back in 2006-2007 he absolutely destroyed every single franchise, pumping out failed games one after another and removing LAN from ever single game, good riddance I say.

Chief Operating Officers don't get "fired" they're forced to resign, ever since this guy took charge of EA back in 2006-2007 he absolutely destroyed every single franchise, pumping out failed games one after another and removing LAN from ever single game, good riddance I say.
and even when they lose they win... how many millions is he going to get after resigning due to the contracts he signed