Hyper 212 EVO Replacement Fan

TheLunchBawx

Hi.

So recently I built my new computer and decided to use my old Hyper 212 EVO to cool my i7 6700K. It's been working really well at keeping my CPU cool while overclocked. My CPU idles at around 15-20 degrees with a 1.3V 4.5Ghz overclock. The only issue I am having with the stock fan is it's making this weird noise (Like a rattling noise or something) and it's quite loud at around 700 RPM. My friend is using the stock fan as well and doesn't have these issues. His fan is almost silent.

I am wondering what could be wrong with the fan and if I should replace it. If so what should I replace it with? I want it as good or better at cooling as the stock fan and really quiet. I also don't want to spend too much.

If you need the specs, here they are:

CPU: i7 6700K

Mobo: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X

Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO

RAM: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) 3000mhz

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB and Seagate 1TB HDD

GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Strix

Case: NZXT H440

Power supply: Corsair CX750

Thanks in advance. 

2 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Fractal Venture 120mm SP

I was thinking about getting the Venturi's. The only thing I saw is it doesn't reach 2000RPM as it's max like the stock fan does. Only 1800RPM.

1 minute ago, TheLunchBawx said:

I was thinking about getting the Venturi's. The only thing I saw is it doesn't reach 2000RPM as it's max like the stock fan does. Only 1800RPM.

Doesn't need to reach 2000rpm to be effective. 

17 hours ago, TheLunchBawx said:

CFMs aka how much air it moves is more important. Besides, are you planning to use it at full nois- I mean speed?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 2/7/2017 at 4:17 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

CFMs aka how much air it moves is more important. Besides, are you planning to use it at full nois- I mean speed?

Probably wont use it at full speed unless my cpu gets to 70 C or so.

instead of buying a premium fan for 20ish bucks, save that money for an amazing 50 dollar cpu cooler from Noctua or BeQuiet or Cryorig 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

33 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

This is supposed to be quieter.

Its more like same level. But some regions cheaper and looks better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Its more like same level. But some regions cheaper and looks better.

I regret getting my Hyper 212 Evo.  I've got a very tiny window on my computer, it covers half of it.  It's tall and ugly.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

I regret getting my Hyper 212 Evo.  I've got a very tiny window on my computer, it covers half of it.  It's tall and ugly.

All tower air cooler are tall. H7 and M9i are just bit shorter, full maybe 1-2cm. Down-drafts are best if you don't want tall cooler.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

All tower air cooler are tall. H7 and M9i are just bit shorter, full maybe 1-2cm. Down-drafts are best if you don't want tall cooler.

It's still not as ugly. xD

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

On 2/6/2017 at 1:47 PM, TheLunchBawx said:

Hi.

So recently I built my new computer and decided to use my old Hyper 212 EVO to cool my i7 6700K. It's been working really well at keeping my CPU cool while overclocked. My CPU idles at around 15-20 degrees with a 1.3V 4.5Ghz overclock. The only issue I am having with the stock fan is it's making this weird noise (Like a rattling noise or something) and it's quite loud at around 700 RPM. My friend is using the stock fan as well and doesn't have these issues. His fan is almost silent.

I am wondering what could be wrong with the fan and if I should replace it. If so what should I replace it with? I want it as good or better at cooling as the stock fan and really quiet. I also don't want to spend too much.

If you need the specs, here they are:

CPU: i7 6700K

Mobo: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X

Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO

RAM: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) 3000mhz

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB and Seagate 1TB HDD

GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Strix

Case: NZXT H440

Power supply: Corsair CX750

Thanks in advance. 

I highly recommenced going with the H.E.C. Cougar CFV12HPB 120mm. It's PWM, and will fit on the hyper 212 evo tower if you use the clip that came with the original blade master fan with a little bit of elbow grease. I recently used this on my mothers PC to cool her FX 8350e that uses the hyper 212 evo tower heatsink. While I have used Noctua fans before, I wasn't too keen on spending the money on them. However, I have found that this cougar fan gives noctua performance at almost half the cost. They go on newegg for about $17 USD, but I have found them at microcenter for $13 USD.  I highly recomend picking up one of these because they are extremely cost effective and just as efficient at cooling, and just as quiet as a Noctua fan. 

11 hours ago, Aw_Ginger_Snapz said:

I highly recommenced going with the H.E.C. Cougar CFV12HPB 120mm. It's PWM, and will fit on the hyper 212 evo tower if you use the clip that came with the original blade master fan with a little bit of elbow grease. I recently used this on my mothers PC to cool her FX 8350e that uses the hyper 212 evo tower heatsink. While I have used Noctua fans before, I wasn't too keen on spending the money on them. However, I have found that this cougar fan gives noctua performance at almost half the cost. They go on newegg for about $17 USD, but I have found them at microcenter for $13 USD.  I highly recomend picking up one of these because they are extremely cost effective and just as efficient at cooling, and just as quiet as a Noctua fan. 

No elbow grease is needed. The Hyper 212 fan clips fis any fan with standard 120mm mounting holes. Cougar Vortexes perform well for the noise and can be pretty quiet but aren't nearly as quiet as Noctuas. 

@TheLunchBawx Does the noise stop when you stop the fan with your hand? It's good to make sure that you're identifying the source correctly. 

If that's the case, you can probably ask for a replacement from Cooler Master.

If your cooler isn't under warranty or you just want a new fan anyway, the optimal fan for the heatsink would probably be a NF-S12A PWM if the price doesn't bother you.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

15 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

No elbow grease is needed. The Hyper 212 fan clips fis any fan with standard 120mm mounting holes. Cougar Vortexes perform well for the noise and can be pretty quiet but aren't nearly as quiet as Noctuas. 

@TheLunchBawx Does the noise stop when you stop the fan with your hand? It's good to make sure that you're identifying the source correctly. 

If that's the case, you can probably ask for a replacement from Cooler Master.

If your cooler isn't under warranty or you just want a new fan anyway, the optimal fan for the heatsink would probably be a NF-S12A PWM if the price doesn't bother you.

My Fan just died today. So I am guessing the noise had something to do with it. I was thinking about the Venturi's but I need something really bad now because I am unable to use my computer until I get a new fan.

2 hours ago, TheLunchBawx said:

My Fan just died today. So I am guessing the noise had something to do with it. I was thinking about the Venturi's but I need something really bad now because I am unable to use my computer until I get a new fan.

If you need an immediate solution, you could just move one of the front stock case fans onto the cooler. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

37 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you need an immediate solution, you could just move one of the front stock case fans onto the cooler. 

Yeah that's one option, I might go to a local computer shop today to see what they have, if not I might just buy something from NCIX.

Will Venturi's, Cougar or Noctua fans be the best options?

6 minutes ago, TheLunchBawx said:

Yeah that's one option, I might go to a local computer shop today to see what they have, if not I might just buy something from NCIX.

Will Venturi's, Cougar or Noctua fans be the best options?

The best option would probably be a Noctua NF-S12A PWM if you can get your hands on one. Cougar Vortexes and Fractal Design HF-12's are also good and at least better than the stock BladeMaster.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The best option would probably be a Noctua NF-S12A PWM if you can get your hands on one. Cougar Vortexes and Fractal Design HF-12's are also good and at least better than the stock BladeMaster.

Alright thanks. I'll see what I can get my hands on. If I were to get a noctua fan it would be the black ones, not sure the model name.

1 minute ago, TheLunchBawx said:

Alright thanks. I'll see what I can get my hands on. If I were to get a noctua fan it would be the black ones, not sure the model name.

iPPC's aren't as quiet as normal noctuas even at the same rpm and aren't worth getting if you don't need the extra robustness. 

NF-S12A's also aren't found in that lineup. If you need want a black fan, don't bother with noctuas. A PW2 or SW3 from BeQuiet! would be better. 

12 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

iPPC's aren't as quiet as normal noctuas even at the same rpm and aren't worth getting if you don't need the extra robustness. 

NF-S12A's also aren't found in that lineup. If you need want a black fan, don't bother with noctuas. A PW2 or SW3 from BeQuiet! would be better. 

Oh alright. I'll checkout BeQuiet fans.

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Would this be a good replacement? https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB984BD9975&cm_re=noctua_120-_-1YF-000T-00017-_-Product

1 hour ago, TheLunchBawx said:

A SW3 would be both cheaper and better.  iPPC's aren't worth getting if you don't need the extra robustness. 

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

A SW3 would be both cheaper and better.  iPPC's aren't worth getting if you don't need the extra robustness. 

How would the SW3 be better?

4 minutes ago, TheLunchBawx said:

How would the SW3 be better?

It performs similarly while being quieter.