Does my motherboard support a gtx 1050?

so i have a Asrock G41m-S3 motherboard. i did search google about this but couldnt find a answer.in another forum i asked a question about psu suggestions for running a gtx 1050 and a guy was like, " I've been reading up on cases where the new GPU's have issues with the legacy BIOS of yester years. Even if your PSU could power the system, the motherboard wouldn't allow it to operate and the CPU you own is going to severely bottleneck your GPU if you somehow got the GTX1050 to run on your system. In short it's a lost cause." is this true? wouldnt i be able to run a gtx 1050 in my motherboard?

You should be able to, just update the bios for best performance.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

3 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

so i have a Asrock G41m-S3 motherboard. i did search google about this but couldnt find a answer.in another forum i asked a question about psu suggestions for running a gtx 1050 and a guy was like, " I've been reading up on cases where the new GPU's have issues with the legacy BIOS of yester years. Even if your PSU could power the system, the motherboard wouldn't allow it to operate and the CPU you own is going to severely bottleneck your GPU if you somehow got the GTX1050 to run on your system. In short it's a lost cause." is this true? wouldnt i be able to run a gtx 1050 in my motherboard?

as long as the motherboard has pci-express you're good.

For the cpu bottleneck... what is ur cpu ?

1 minute ago, smokefest said:

as long as the motherboard has pci-express you're good.

For the cpu bottleneck... what is ur cpu ?

the cpu is a core 2 quad q8400 2.6ghz

2 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

You should be able to, just update the bios for best performance.

i have never updated a bios.is it a big process?one of my friends tried it once in his old laptop and now it wouldnt turn on.is there any risk?

1 minute ago, Shammikit said:

the cpu is a core 2 quad q8400 2.6ghz

It will bottleneck your GPU but you will still probably see a nice gain but don't expect to run the card like other would on youtube.. your CPU is quite old.. 

1 minute ago, smokefest said:

It will bottleneck your GPU but you will still probably see a nice gain but don't expect to run the card like other would on youtube.. your CPU is quite old.. 

how much would the drop in fps would be?

i have never updated a bios.is it a big process?one of my friends tried it once in his old laptop and now it wouldnt turn on.is there any risk?

You don't really need to update your bios unless you need to. And yes there is some risk. If you fail or cancel or close the computer while it update, you can scrap your motherboard.

Just don't update if everything is fine

Can't tell, try to search youtubes for some examples of that computer performance

2 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

Watch that video. It shows ur cpu with the 1050 ti VS the same graphics card on a better CPU ( i3 ) to show the difference in performance, as you can see, seems like ur cpu will give something like 25% less fps

5 minutes ago, smokefest said:

Watch that video. It shows ur cpu with the 1050 ti VS the same graphics card on a better CPU ( i3 ) to show the difference in performance, as you can see, seems like ur cpu will give something like 25% less fps

25% less fps is somewhat similar to a rx 460 performance right.so would an rx 460 bottleneck my cpu? 

2 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

25% less fps is somewhat similar to a rx 460 performance right.so would an rx 460 bottleneck my cpu? 

Probably would be less of a bottleneck but still a bit for sure.. that's a 10 years old cpu.. will not be strong enough to 100% use new graphics cards.