Suggestion: Cleanup Forum Apps/Add ons so it's easier to see and manage

AlTech
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

When forums are rejected for not having enough content, that is usually because we only see a few threads per week about that topic. For the forum addons/apps, yours is the only third party thing in that topic, and the only actively maintained thing too (and you have only requested three revisions to your entry to that topic).

It would be nice to promote third party additions more prominently, but I don't think a whole new subforum for it would be the solution.

I've been doing a lot of thinking recently and i came across multiple problems with the current existing Apps/Add ons page.

Right now it's cluttered has old information and is just annoying to get it to update. The current update method for the thread is PMing mods but that gets old and annoying really quickly as Mortis can tell you.

So I'd like to propose a solution.

The solution would be to allow people making forum add ons, scripts or apps to have their own subforum within the Forum Information subforum. Each add on, app or script could then have their own thread maintained by the creator(s) of the add on/app/script.

Making a new subforum is relatively easy from my understanding of how IPS works. And this would cause a lot less annoyances and make for better visibility for those who do make small cool stuff for the forum.

Thank you for considering my request. I hope this gets added. As a unofficial LTT app maintainer myself, this would greatly improve visibility of the app and it would greatly improve managing the thread.

If the new solution is implemented then the existing "Complete list of addons, scripts, apps" thread could be locked or deleted at the admin or moderators discretion.

Thanks.

Alastair.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

When forums are rejected for not having enough content, that is usually because we only see a few threads per week about that topic. For the forum addons/apps, yours is the only third party thing in that topic, and the only actively maintained thing too (and you have only requested three revisions to your entry to that topic).

It would be nice to promote third party additions more prominently, but I don't think a whole new subforum for it would be the solution.

HTTP/2 203