An International Nexus 5

LanceXXX

I am really looking forward to my Nexus 5.. but one thing i just can't understand is why don't Google Market the phone with reasonable effort and make the phone available in all countries.. I just can't understand Google's thinking in this aspect.. I am well aware that Google is not intending to make heavy profit from their nexus lineup but here i am thinking.. Why not?. Well i do understand alittle as google wants to make android an open platform and stuff but still its an amazing phone.. both in the software and hardware..

Personally i even prefer the simplistic design of the Nexus line over other high end smartphones.. especially the S4.. just can't stand that cheap glossy plastic look.. lol. 

There is the demand.. but the supply and availability is just not there..

What are your thoughts and do any of you know why Google is doing things this way?

PS: Does any of you know if the Nexus 5 comes with International Warranty.. or those the warranty only come with the countries Google play sell in.. Thanks Alot :D

it works internationally, but what's the issue for you as to having it not international?

Nexus phones are the best IMHO. Cheaper than other brands, it's basically the same as LG Optimus G smartphones and I like stock Android the most.

But what local stores do is just robbery, Google Play sells it for $349, since when does that equal to f*cking €449?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Just wait till Amazon starts selling it. I'm from Latvia, and can't get it now either. 

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

it works internationally, but what's the issue for you as to having it not international?

Yes, but you can't get it internationally. Only a few countries have Google Play Devices service available.

Yes, but you can't get it internationally. Only a few countries have Google Play Devices service available.

is amazon a resource you guys could use?

Yes it is one of the official suppliers for Nexus, but it doesn't sell it yet.

From what i know.. Amazon is a US online shop and international shipping cost a bomb especially to asian countries.. The only place i know off that i am able to buy from is eBay.. and what worries me next is International warranty.. I hate dealing with such stuff like warranty as it sometimes depends on where u buy it from which is ridiculous.. If the Nexus play store is marketed well and available to everyone in the world.. the Nexus 5 will definitely cause a storm in the smartphone industry.

How about international warranty guys?.. Do you know whether the nexus 5 has it.. i am reallyyy worried about thissss.. Thanks alot:DD

Nexus phones are the best IMHO. Cheaper than other brands, it's basically the same as LG Optimus G smartphones and I like stock Android the most.

But what local stores do is just robbery, Google Play sells it for $349, since when does that equal to f*cking €449?

LOL.. Yea Nexus Phone rocks.. especially with that smooth vanilla Android experience.. no more gimmicky bloatware!! but i believe its all about mark-up as Google doesn't have a retail store, it doesnt have to take into account that as their cost.

A $30 to 50 mark-up is enough for me to swallow but if they go above $100.. then i guess that might be going over board.

Sometimes'.. i just wish i stay in the US man.. all the new tech goes there first.. Damnn.. Really hope Google play expands fast!

From what i know.. Amazon is a US online shop and international shipping cost a bomb especially to asian countries.. The only place i know off that i am able to buy from is eBay.. and what worries me next is International warranty.. I hate dealing with such stuff like warranty as it sometimes depends on where u buy it from which is ridiculous.. If the Nexus play store is marketed well and available to everyone in the world.. the Nexus 5 will definitely cause a storm in the smartphone industry.

Amazon is not US only. 

They have sites for these countries and they ship most of the items worldwide. I shop at UK's amazon, it's the cheapest for me.

Amazon is not US only. 

They have sites for these countries and they ship most of the items worldwide. I shop at UK's amazon, it's the cheapest for me.

Oh didnt know that.. thanks for the info :) but sad they dont have it where i live in... same with Google Play.. Really hope they become truly international soon..