Will these parts all work well together and am I getting the most for my money?

Go to solution Solved by Castdeath97,

What are you using this build for?

Regardless:

1. A liquid cooler at this budget is complete waste, use the included cooler instead.
  2. Get a better card (The RX 470 gets a solid recommendation) and a better power supply (The CXM will do you good).

Regardless:

1. A liquid cooler at this budget is complete waste, use the included cooler instead.
  2. Get a better card (The RX 470 gets a solid recommendation) and a better power supply (The CXM will do you good).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

As others mentioned your cpu cooler is better to air cool. A Scythe Fuma destroys that liquid cooler, should fit your case and cost less. But your CPU is also fine with the boxed cooler.

For RAM I would go 16 GB instead of 8 just in case.

PSU I am not sure if it is a good quality one, might want to look into that.

For the SSD, allthough it is a cheap PCIe SSD, the performance isn't the very best and apart from read speeds close to the normal SSD's. The steady state performance is also less then a good normal SSD like a pretty standard 850 Evo.  Allthough more costly a Samsung 960 for example is a much better performer.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

use the money saved on an rx 470/480/gtx 1060.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($97.75 @ PB Technologies) see if you can find out if the bios supports kabylake.
Motherboard: Asus H110M-A/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($108.00 @ 1stWave Technologies) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($75.00 @ DTC Systems) 
Storage: Transcend 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($76.53 @ Aquila Technology) 
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($92.80 @ DTC Systems) 
Other: Aerocool QS-240-W ($68.00)
Total: $518.08
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-07 00:21 NZDT+1300

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

On 2/6/2017 at 11:46 PM, Castdeath97 said:

Regardless:

Thanks for your help :) Just some light gaming and messing around with the adobe suite.

I didn't even know they came with included coolers but yes will do that. I'll look into that card and psu, cheers.

On 2/6/2017 at 11:44 PM, TheEpicDuck said:

i would not use a liquid cooler on that cpu. otherwise it looks fine

Cheers, shall use stock cooler :)

On 2/7/2017 at 0:14 AM, Gonio said:

As others mentioned your cpu cooler is better to air cool. A Scythe Fuma destroys that liquid cooler, should fit your case and cost less. But your CPU is also fine with the boxed cooler.

For RAM I would go 16 GB instead of 8 just in case.

PSU I am not sure if it is a good quality one, might want to look into that.

For the SSD, allthough it is a cheap PCIe SSD, the performance isn't the very best and apart from read speeds close to the normal SSD's. The steady state performance is also less then a good normal SSD like a pretty standard 850 Evo.  Allthough more costly a Samsung 960 for example is a much better performer.

Yes definitely going with air cooler now. Probably just stock. Yea I could spend that saved $$ on more RAM. I'll look into that PSU, possibly get that other one " Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ".

And thanks for pointing out about the SSD / M2 situation. Good M2's are too expensive so I may as well go with a good SSD 

On 2/7/2017 at 0:20 AM, herman mcpootis said:

use the money saved on an rx 470/480/gtx 1060.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($97.75 @ PB Technologies) see if you can find out if the bios supports kabylake.
Motherboard: Asus H110M-A/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($108.00 @ 1stWave Technologies) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($75.00 @ DTC Systems) 
Storage: Transcend 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($76.53 @ Aquila Technology) 
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($92.80 @ DTC Systems) 
Other: Aerocool QS-240-W ($68.00)
Total: $518.08
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-07 00:21 NZDT+1300

Thanks for all your help! I'll look into all these parts a bit :)

16 hours ago, Maxfire said:

And thanks for pointing out about the SSD / M2 situation. Good M2's are too expensive so I may as well go with a good SSD 

Yeah np. if price was simialr it is a no brainer, but the reality is that normal use scenarios like gaming etc and your OS will not really benefit in a noticable and meaningfull way compared to normal SSD. So until price drops closer, it is overall more senseable to take a decent normal one and spend the money on parts you actually get improved performance that is useable or jsut a bigger SSD :)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list