Vertical GPU Mount for CoolerMaster Master Case 5

Zangashtu

Hi all, 

So i've been looking at this bad boy https://store.coolermaster.com/vertical-display-graphics-card-holder and would really like to give it a shot, I reckon it would look badass.
My only problem is finding a PCIE extender cable that would be sufficient. I'm sure I'd obviously need one that transfers data fast enough, but it would have to be black for obvious reasons.

Is anyone using one they can recommend or something similar?

Was looking at these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thermaltake-PCI-E-x16-3-0-Riser-Cable-Core-P5-P3-G3-/122340365555?hash=item1c7c0dd4f3:g:ZOoAAOSwopRYlHkZ

https://www.reichelt.com/?LANGUAGE=EN&CTYPE=0&MWSTFREE=0&CCOUNTRY=447&ARTICLE=170111&PROVID=2788&wt_guka=22596790697_79177370297&PROVID=2788&gclid=Cj0KEQiA2uDEBRDxurOO77Cp-7kBEiQAOUgKV0pkv1GwjyffLAjPiV4bX2LEXRqlKVrdMHmtTHlEPXEaAiwC8P8HAQ

Thanks in advance

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

From the Coolermaster website:

The Vertical Graphics Card Holder is provided with a rigid riser card allowing you to connect your graphics card to the PCI slot.

Does you mum know you're here?

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

Thankyou.... :P

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

A little weird though, the US store says its out of stock but the EU store says not available until 31st March and it doesn't come with a riser card :(

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking for one of these as well. If you go to the site you can't choose US/Canada for shipping on this item which comes with the PCI-e Extension cable.

The one in the UK isn't out until March 31 with no cable and I'm not even sure you can get it for Canada.

Pretty sad that Cooler Master has it in stock in the Asia store and won't ship it out anywhere else. :(

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

12 hours ago, brighttail said:

I've been looking for one of these as well. If you go to the site you can't choose US/Canada for shipping on this item which comes with the PCI-e Extension cable.

The one in the UK isn't out until March 31 with no cable and I'm not even sure you can get it for Canada.

Pretty sad that Cooler Master has it in stock in the Asia store and won't ship it out anywhere else. :(

Yeah tell me about it man :/ 
It really sucks, glad there's someone else out there that this has also rustled their jimmies 

• 4 weeks later...

The Good News:

Welp I had a friend in Hong Kong get this for me.  It said that it came with a PCI-e Cable adapter but when he got it, there wasn't one in the box.  He sent me the bracket and emailed them.  Apparently Coolermaster is sending out a cable to him 'soon'.  I went ahead and got a shielded one from MODDIY.

The Bad News:

I didn't realize how close this bracket puts the GPU to the PCI-e Lanes.  I normally use two of the PCI-E lanes for M.2 drives.  I had thought that I could use a half-sized Asus Hyper and fit one of the m.2s behind the GPU, failing that I also thought that I would have a PCI-E slot available at the top since the bracket only takes up 7 of my 9 brackets.  Unfortunately my GPU is tall, so I can't use the PCI-E lane at the top and it sits too close to the PCI-e lanes that  I can't have any m.2 drives. :(

So it is a nice bracket IF you have no need for other PCI-E lanes.  I'll be putting into my work computer downstairs.

Phanteks is going to make available for purchase, their Vertical GPU bracket for their Enthoo Elite.  This has room for two  GPUS.  I have confirmed with Phanteks that if a user places a GPU in the first slot, furthest away from the MB, there will be room for a mini or half-sized PCI-e card.

Alternatively I also have a bracket from Mountain Mods.   I have found that it ALMOST fits in my case.  There is an area designed to mount a reservoir and three of the 6 screws fit, which means I would have to drill 3 other holes to make it all work.  Mountain Mods are 100% certain that this bracket can hold a full sized GPU with waerblock as seen in a video on the web.    The good news with this bracket is it frees up ALL my PCI-e Slots for use.

So while I wait for the new 1080TI MSI Sea Hawk to come available. I'm torn which way to go. Chances are I'll get the Phanteks bracket and try both ways to see which looks better. :)

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Cheers for that! Luckily I have (at the moment) no need for my extra PCI-E Lanes so in theory the closeness of the card shouldn't be an issue.

I will definitely check out that cable from MODDIY and the bracket from Mountain Mods :D

So if anyone's bothered, the one from Cooler Master arrived, I got it set up just to have a nosey as the PCI extender isnt here yet :(

I think it looks pretty good

DSC_0826.JPG

DSC_0827.JPG

DSC_0828.JPG

Yeah I got mine the other day. It looks great but sadly if you want to use any PCI-e slots you are out of luck. :(

Aye my friend was like oh I might look into one, yeah have fun with that with your PCI-E sound and wireless card :P

dont do it.

u lose all your pcie lanes.

just put case sideways.

3800X, Corsiar 32gig 3200mhz LPX, Asus Hero X570. 2080ti black edition

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2017 at 4:28 AM, Zangashtu said:

So if anyone's bothered, the one from Cooler Master arrived, I got it set up just to have a nosey as the PCI extender isnt here yet :(

I think it looks pretty good

DSC_0826.JPG

DSC_0827.JPG

DSC_0828.JPG

I began the process for purchasing the mount, however, I ran into the same issue you mentioned earlier. It says its out of stock for US/Canada. How were you able to get yours? Did you just keep checking its availability until it no longer said out of stock?

23 minutes ago, BRUHH said:

I began the process for purchasing the mount, however, I ran into the same issue you mentioned earlier. It says its out of stock for US/Canada. How were you able to get yours? Did you just keep checking its availability until it no longer said out of stock?

Where abouts do you live mate? As I had to use the European store http://www.cmstore.eu/ becuase the US/Canada one doesn't post to the UK where I am, the US/C had some in stock for ages before the Eu one did so I had to keep my eye on that one :P
Hope this helps

20 hours ago, Zangashtu said:

Where abouts do you live mate? As I had to use the European store http://www.cmstore.eu/ becuase the US/Canada one doesn't post to the UK where I am, the US/C had some in stock for ages before the Eu one did so I had to keep my eye on that one :P
Hope this helps

I am in Arizona in US. Thank makes sense... bummer :/ The us region website doesn't even show the product, so I wonder if I can never get it :(. Does anyone know if they were able to purchase this in US/Canada?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:25 AM, BRUHH said:

I am in Arizona in US. Thank makes sense... bummer :/ The us region website doesn't even show the product, so I wonder if I can never get it :(. Does anyone know if they were able to purchase this in US/Canada?

If you are willing to cover the cost just create a thread asking an EU forum member to purchase this on your behalf and send it to you. (you would cover cost of bracket and postage ofc)

So I received the bracket from my friend in Hong Kong, unfortunately the promised PCI-e ribbon wasn't part of the original package as stated on the Coolermaster website.  My friend contacted CoolerMaster and it was quickly sent out but I still had to wait.   I had another PCI-e ribbon but honestly the one that comes with the bracket is better for two reasons, first it is properly shielded and second it actually attaches to the bottom of the bracket via two screws.  This locks the ribbon into place and helps stabilize the entire thing.   I have seen that on the EU site the bracket is now offered with and without the ribbon.  While the ribbon is more than the bracket, I have to say it is definitely worth the cost.

Anyway it setup quite easily and I was very happy that I had enough PCI-e slots that allowed me to use one of my PCI-E to M.2 cards at the very top, tho be warned that at least on my watercooled card, the ports would have interfered with even half sized PCI-e cards.  Simply put, this is a great bracket but be warned that you will lose access to pretty much all your PCI-e slots as there is about 25mm of space between the back of my card and the motherboard.  I was able to fit in a half sized PCI-e card behind the GPU, but I had to take off the IO bracket.  If you take a look at my M.2 card you will see it is actually a vertical model which worked perfectly, but the Asus Hyper MINI would have fit in BARELY in the second x8 slot but without the I/O bracket.

Honestly the whole experience was actually much more difficult to fit everything in and make my tubing runs, especially from the GPU to CPU. I really didn't have the proper fittings that I would have liked but I wanted to get it in so I worked with what I had.  I probably will change it up in the future but for now after 2 1/2 + months I got it in and I think it looks pretty good.

Anyway here are some pictures of the bracket with ribbon and how it looks installed.

Vertrbbon2.thumb.jpg.f951ee7ccd6848309e3c54dbabcb9cfe.jpg

vertribbon.thumb.jpg.7e48cec0385e24885eff53fea23cb740.jpg

vertgpu5.thumb.jpg.512700c91e1e3093231d1d70df607768.jpg

vertgpu6.thumb.jpg.0b86dd8c1ff98baa3fd641ff64cf7127.jpg

Hello there. I just finished Modifying my computer case a Corsair 570x with the Cooler Master GPU card bracket. I made a mistake because I did not purchase the riser cable with the GPU bracket and thought that this riser cable from amazon woud of fit https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-Express-Flexible-Extension-Card-25cm/dp/B01N11GEBC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1494749106&sr=8-2&keywords=riser+cable. I see you have the right riser cable for the bracket. Any Idea who makes it and if the riser card is PCI 3.0 and would it be good for a gtx 1080 ti?

On 5/14/2017 at 9:06 AM, nemesis561 said:

Hello there. I just finished Modifying my computer case a Corsair 570x with the Cooler Master GPU card bracket. I made a mistake because I did not purchase the riser cable with the GPU bracket and thought that this riser cable from amazon woud of fit https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-Express-Flexible-Extension-Card-25cm/dp/B01N11GEBC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1494749106&sr=8-2&keywords=riser+cable. I see you have the right riser cable for the bracket. Any Idea who makes it and if the riser card is PCI 3.0 and would it be good for a gtx 1080 ti?

I bought a "Thermaltake" one from Moddiy but it broke within 2 weeks, my current one is off ebay and is working perfectly.

Make sure you specify x16 or match whatever speed your PCI on your board is

On 5/10/2017 at 3:10 AM, tom_w141 said:

If you are willing to cover the cost just create a thread asking an EU forum member to purchase this on your behalf and send it to you. (you would cover cost of bracket and postage ofc)

I thought about it, good idea. Might actually do so rather then continue waiting

21 hours ago, Zangashtu said:

I bought a "Thermaltake" one from Moddiy but it broke within 2 weeks, my current one is off ebay and is working perfectly.

Make sure you specify x16 or match whatever speed your PCI on your board is

The thermaltake one is piss poor. I won't buy their products again. I was drawn in by the view 27 with its unique curved window which does look cool but scratches SO easily, as well as being difficult to work in and the fixings being in 1 unlabelled bag. I tried the vertical mount of the GPU as the case advertises but the thermaltake cable had terrible losses and I had to return it as audio kept cutting out and artifacts appeared. Mounted the GPU standard ever since and it works fine, though would be good to know where I can get a reputable riser cable.

Mate it was shocking it didn't even last 2 changes over 2 weeks it just fell apart.

I honestly just searched on ebay x16 PCIE Riser Cable and it cost me about 7 quid, it has now been working for about 2 months and i've not had an issue. It doesn't look the best but its hiding behind a massive card so it doesn't matter.

I can link to the exact one I bought if you want.

• 2 weeks later...

The other good riser cable i got was from ModDYICables.  Very solid, shielded and worth every penny.