Help choosing 3D printer

gtx1060=value
2 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

i dunno looks really professional - 

thats where all the money went on those, trust me.

it also *only* prints in ABS, which smells about as good as printing with rotting fish.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

thats where all the money went on those, trust me.

it also *only* prints in ABS, which smells about as good as printing with rotting fish.

i just realized that :( then which printer do i get?? i really don't want to stretch my budget by that much - the MAXIMUM  amount would be 550 - 600 CAD - 

1 minute ago, gtx1060=value said:

@manikyath

yah nevermind - the reviews are crap - any other 500 dollar ish printers you could recommend to me?

i'll put it like this:

what you're asking is a cheap gaming PC, your option is to either save up to afford something better, or deal with something thats garbage. i'm not gonna recommend that you buy garbage, that's something that you need to do on your own.

i'll put it like this:

what you're asking is a cheap gaming PC, your option is to either save up to afford something better, or deal with something thats garbage. i'm not gonna recommend that you buy garbage, that's something that you need to do on your own.

there really isn't a good budget 3d printer is there, sigh, oh well - then what printer do you recommend, that won't break the bank but will be easy enough to use for a noob like me - id say within 800 or 900 ish CAD

there really isn't a good budget 3d printer is there, sigh, oh well - then what printer do you recommend, that won't break the bank but will be easy enough to use for a noob like me - id say within 800 or 900 ish CAD

the thing is, you're *just below* where "good budget printers" are, so if you save up some more, that'd make a huge difference.

also, i should mention that plastic isnt free, in fact it's quite pricy once you go towards larger prints.

@manikyath - ok, so i found this site that sells the wanhao i3 v2 for 360 and the wanhao i3 plus for 460 - are those good 3d printers if i calibrate them properly and everything? and of course get metal extruders and some better cooling

@manikyath - ok, so i found this site that sells the wanhao i3 v2 for 360 and the wanhao i3 plus for 460 - are those good 3d printers if i calibrate them properly and everything? and of course get metal extruders and some better cooling

the wanhao i3 plus is the one i have, it's quite decent out the box, but the original nozzle is a clogging nightmare in the long run. the i3 v2 is mechanically pretty much the same, but less "refined", as well as smaller cooling fans on the print head i believe. i also heard some sources say the chassis on the i3 v2 isnt as good as it is on the plus, but i cant really say for sure.

the wanhao i3 plus is the one i have, it's quite decent out the box, but the original nozzle is a clogging nightmare in the long run. the i3 v2 is mechanically pretty much the same, but less "refined", as well as smaller cooling fans on the print head i believe. i also heard some sources say the chassis on the i3 v2 isnt as good as it is on the plus, but i cant really say for sure.

ok, but the i3 v2 should work about the same as the i3 plus right? the only think i would have to do is stick a kraken x62 on the extruder and im good?

2 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

ok, but the i3 v2 should work about the same as the i3 plus right? the only think i would have to do is stick a kraken x62 on the extruder and im good?

that's not how making it cool better works, you have very little space to work with, and next to no mounting options.

that's not how making it cool better works, you have very little space to work with, and next to no mounting options.

ok then, im guessing saving up for a prusa i3 is the best option?

how do you feel about those prusa i4???

how do you feel about those prusa i4???

i wouldnt dare to say, seeing the original prusa folks dont *have* an i4 :P

i wouldnt dare to say, seeing the original prusa folks dont *have* an i4 :P

oh well, what are the good 3d printers? might end up getting one used or something

I'm almost done assembling my Folgertech 2020 i3 kit (honestly I've only worked on it for a total of about 6 hours, and haven't touched it in a week and a half because busy).

The frame is very solid, and since the whole thing is made of aluminum extrusion, it's extremely customizable if something about it annoys me (my biggest reason for choosing it).

Does have a heated bed, does not have auto-leveling.  Single Extruder, although there's nothing stopping you from attaching a different extruder to it.

Costs $270 USD and ships out of New Hampshire.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

1 hour ago, Phate.exe said:

I'm almost done assembling my Folgertech 2020 i3 kit (honestly I've only worked on it for a total of about 6 hours, and haven't touched it in a week and a half because busy).

The frame is very solid, and since the whole thing is made of aluminum extrusion, it's extremely customizable if something about it annoys me (my biggest reason for choosing it).

Does have a heated bed, does not have auto-leveling.  Single Extruder, although there's nothing stopping you from attaching a different extruder to it.

Costs $270 USD and ships out of New Hampshire.

could you add auto-levelling to it ?

2 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

I haven't personally used this, but if you read hackentosher's guide, he said the printrbot play was good, it just HAD to be plugged into a pc to feed it g code. https://printrbot.com/shop/certified/

@Hackentosher ok, so which printrbot is good? or the best?

1 hour ago, gtx1060=value said:

@Hackentosher ok, so which printrbot is good? or the best?

There's a new simple, but it's like $1200. The simple is the best value, but the play is the cheapest and still pretty damn good. 

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

There's a new simple, but it's like $1200. The simple is the best value, but the play is the cheapest and still pretty damn good. 

i can't afford 1200 - id just buy an ultimaker for that amount - im taking about the refurbished og simple - doesn't have a heated bed tho, i dunno -

11 hours ago, gtx1060=value said:

could you add auto-levelling to it ?

It's built on the Prusa i3 design (just with a different/modular frame material), so yeah you could absolutely add auto-leveling to it, would only need to make changes to the bed.

I mostly bought it as a starting platform to figure out what I want in a printer, and because it has a decently large build area.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.