Easy to install CPU LGA1150 coolers

LiamardoHD
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,

If you don't want to pull apart your entire system, you could opt for an aftermarket push-pin installed cooler like Cooler Master's TX3.

Hello. I've got an i5 4460 and I'd like a cooler just to keep the temps cooler so it lasts longer (it probably won't last too much longer) and for if I want to upgrade to an OC'able CPU. I don't want watercooling as I don't trust it as my friends leaked and took out his 980s. I'd like things on the cheaper side. I'd like it easier to install because I recently changed cases and that was a nightmare to work with, so I really don't want to take anything out of my case

Thanks.

Specs:

Motherboard:  GA-H81M-H

RAM: 2X4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP* 8GB DDR3-1600 *I believe they're VLP, because they appear really small

Case: Corsair 100R

GPU: GIGABYTE Mini-ITX 960 2GB (although may have a 1070 at the time of  getting the coolerit)

CPU: Intel i5 4460 w/ stock cooler.

I got myself an Arctic Alpine to replace the stock cooler. Super easy installation with push pins, very quiet and less than 10 quid. 

When I buy a fancy overclockable CPU then I'll get a more decent cooler for that.

Does you mum know you're here?

Because of case limits, you can only pick coolers which are smaller than 150mm. Cryorigs M9i and H7 would probably be the ones to look at. I haven't (yet) installed any Cryorig coolers and have heard mixed things about install process.

TX3 is pretty nice little cooler to consider. You could see some Noctua downdrafts or U9B, since Noctua is well known to be easy to install.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv