GPU lower clock speed in F@H

So when running F@H MY GPU will run at 1163 MHz, if i run like Netflix or YouTube it will jump to my max of 1470 MHz, only way i can tell to fix the issue is to run the protein viewer then it will run 1470 MHz all the time. but the viewer crashes often. 
am running GTX 960 4GB and windows 10. is there a better fix for this issue? anyone else have this issue?

it hits 56c when at 1470MHz and 72% power limit, and at 1163Mhz it goes down to 48c with 47% power limit

8 minutes ago, Firecheetah13 said:

Do you have GPUBoost enabled?

If thats default then yes.  I just use afterburner to add to the clock and control fan curve. 

1 hour ago, blackmage1134 said:

If thats default then yes.  I just use afterburner to add to the clock and control fan curve. 

Well, if you have it enabled, than your system controls your clock speed, voltage, etc. You have to disable it to have full control.

13 hours ago, Firecheetah13 said:

Do you have GPUBoost enabled?

12 hours ago, Firecheetah13 said:

Well, if you have it enabled, than your system controls your clock speed, voltage, etc. You have to disable it to have full control.

You do realize that the only way to get rid of GPU Boost is to Bios mod, don't you?

OP, I would put the bet on an unstable OC. 1470mhz is kind of a lot, I wouldn't be surprised if it was unstable. Try lowering your clocks; say, to 1400mhz. See if that helps.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

@Imakuni i can give that a try, i can game at that clock with no issues for some time now. however i have seen f@h is a bit pickier about GPU overclocks.