Elastico345

Does Bridging the Wifi and Ethernet Cable at the same time speedup the Internet Speed?

No, it will not. It won't even improve local area speeds unless the devices connected support something like SMB3 Multichannel. 

In order for a network cable or local network equipment to be limiting your internet speeds, it needs to be slower than your internet connection, something that is pretty rare considering how most modern networking equipment is gigabit and internet connections over gigabit speeds are uncommon and expensive. 

As for ping, it would make no difference at all. 

What you can do is have them both connected for failover, so if one connection fails, the other is still working. 

Posted · Original PosterOP

The question is literally at the title already :P

But seriously. I heard that Bridging 2 Ethernet cables together will significantly improve the internet speed especially in games for ping. but i don't have a spare Ethernet cable nor the extra port from my motherboard (of course i could buy the 2 port Network Card from Ebay but i don't really have that kind of money right now...). What i do have is my LAN Adapter which will have an option to use WiFi if my Ethernet cable got disconnected or broken.

No it wont, using two NICS will only increase lan speed slightly.  It wont increase speed coming from your modem or give you any more advantage.  WIndows 10 has SMB 3.0 this protocol allows multiple nics to be used in tandem to increase transfer speed to and from other computers on your network, given they also are running SMB 3.0 and have multiple cables running to them.  This is also contingent on each computer having SSDs or raid 0's because the maximum transfer speed is based on the speed of your network and the drive it is transferring from.

Linus explains it here

Posted · Best Answer

No, it will not. It won't even improve local area speeds unless the devices connected support something like SMB3 Multichannel. 

In order for a network cable or local network equipment to be limiting your internet speeds, it needs to be slower than your internet connection, something that is pretty rare considering how most modern networking equipment is gigabit and internet connections over gigabit speeds are uncommon and expensive. 

As for ping, it would make no difference at all. 

What you can do is have them both connected for failover, so if one connection fails, the other is still working. 

9 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

Where do people come up with this?

Take your pick. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+double+your+internet+speed

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 4GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, and Intel 7260 wireless card + Windows 7 Professional x64

Main PC: Look at my profile you lazy skrublord