Does Bridging the Wifi and Ethernet Cable at the same time speedup the Internet Speed?

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

No, it will not. It won't even improve local area speeds unless the devices connected support something like SMB3 Multichannel. 

In order for a network cable or local network equipment to be limiting your internet speeds, it needs to be slower than your internet connection, something that is pretty rare considering how most modern networking equipment is gigabit and internet connections over gigabit speeds are uncommon and expensive. 

As for ping, it would make no difference at all. 

What you can do is have them both connected for failover, so if one connection fails, the other is still working. 

The question is literally at the title already :P

But seriously. I heard that Bridging 2 Ethernet cables together will significantly improve the internet speed especially in games for ping. but i don't have a spare Ethernet cable nor the extra port from my motherboard (of course i could buy the 2 port Network Card from Ebay but i don't really have that kind of money right now...). What i do have is my LAN Adapter which will have an option to use WiFi if my Ethernet cable got disconnected or broken.

No it wont, using two NICS will only increase lan speed slightly.  It wont increase speed coming from your modem or give you any more advantage.  WIndows 10 has SMB 3.0 this protocol allows multiple nics to be used in tandem to increase transfer speed to and from other computers on your network, given they also are running SMB 3.0 and have multiple cables running to them.  This is also contingent on each computer having SSDs or raid 0's because the maximum transfer speed is based on the speed of your network and the drive it is transferring from.

Linus explains it here

No, it will not. It won't even improve local area speeds unless the devices connected support something like SMB3 Multichannel. 

In order for a network cable or local network equipment to be limiting your internet speeds, it needs to be slower than your internet connection, something that is pretty rare considering how most modern networking equipment is gigabit and internet connections over gigabit speeds are uncommon and expensive. 

As for ping, it would make no difference at all. 

What you can do is have them both connected for failover, so if one connection fails, the other is still working. 

1 minute ago, Matu20 said:

Where do people come up with this shit?

Internet youtube posts from people who are making prank videos and people believe them......

9 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

Where do people come up with this?

Take your pick. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+double+your+internet+speed

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

• 1 year later...
On 2/5/2017 at 10:27 AM, Matu20 said:

Where do people come up with this?

LOL and guess you are saying what he is saying is totally wrong? I know this post is old maybe you have learned something by now..everyone dont know thats why they ask dont make fun of them especially if you really dont know your self ..