Project Armada - Watercooled | Define R4 Titanium | EK Waterblocks | Completed - Final Photo's

Akula

Looking good can not wait to se more i like ya work :)

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Looking great man!

One tip tho: remove that plastic thingy from beneath the 5.25" rack and install the HDD(s) to the 5.25" :)

Current rig: i7-5820K, R5E, 1070ti (windows), Radeon HD7850 (Mac), a bunch of SSDs and HDDs, running MacOS Mojave, Windows 10 + a bunch of debian servers on Proxmox KVM hypervisor

Laptop: MacBook Pro 13" 2017

Previous projects: Razmac G5, Server, zenbox HTPC

See my GitHub profile!

A coder/modder from Finland

Following this, I'm in the middle of a rebuild of an R4 and but judging from your previous builds this will be amazing so hopefully I can pick up some of your tricks.

When I originally did my sleeving I just cut the wires all the same length, I guess to get them as neat as you have i'll have to follow your methods.

Very nice so far though, getting that rad in the top is a bit tight and clearly one wasn't supposed to go in there. If only they raised it by 15mm it would have fix a lot of compatibility issues.

Followed, sexy motherboard! Soft Claps :D

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

Looking good can not wait to se more i like ya work :)

Cheers mate, appreciate it :)

Looking great man!

One tip tho: remove that plastic thingy from beneath the 5.25" rack and install the HDD(s) to the 5.25" :)

Yeah that will be getting the flick once i get further into the build ;)

Following this, I'm in the middle of a rebuild of an R4 and but judging from your previous builds this will be amazing so hopefully I can pick up some of your tricks.

When I originally did my sleeving I just cut the wires all the same length, I guess to get them as neat as you have i'll have to follow your methods.

Very nice so far though, getting that rad in the top is a bit tight and clearly one wasn't supposed to go in there. If only they raised it by 15mm it would have fix a lot of compatibility issues.

Fractal Design actually revised the mounting scheme of the top panel to allow for radiator's although i wished they just increased the gap between the motherboard and top panel, would really add another element to a great case, full watercooling ability.

Followed, sexy motherboard! Soft Claps :D

Cheers bud :D

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Fractal Design actually revised the mounting scheme of the top panel to allow for radiator's although i wished they just increased the gap between the motherboard and top panel, would really add another element to a great case, full watercooling ability.

Did they just... well mine must have been an earlier one because I had no hop getting a 30mm rad with 2x GT's in around my Sabertooth. No way is hellz. I drilled it out myself.

Gone more extreme now. A 120.3 in the roof and a 180.2 in the front. Woo!

LC Teleios

I received my LC Teleios sleeving yesterday and got started with the long and horrible process of sleeving :(

Initially i had planned MDPC like my previous builds, although i figured it was time to mix it up, I have to say LC Teleios has my vote.

The weave is tigher, easier to train, easier to sleeve and in general looks fuller than MDPC.

I used 16AWG 2.3mm wire along with LC Teleios Grey, Black & Aqua.

rj0v.jpg

ma29.jpg

Wow nice, and interesting that you rate it higher than MDPC sleeve. I'm waiting on a heap to arrive I ordered 3 weeks ago...

Next PC I might consider LC depending on shipping costs to Aus...

Wow nice, and interesting that you rate it higher than MDPC sleeve. I'm waiting on a heap to arrive I ordered 3 weeks ago...

Next PC I might consider LC depending on shipping costs to Aus...

The shipping costs were great, i paid $13 for standard shipping and i believe Express was only $25

EK Waterblocks

My GPU & CPU Waterblocks arrived.

Contrasting styles i went for with this build, the RAM will be Clean CSQ Acetal, similar to the GPU Block while the CPU will remain Nickel.

Fittings will alternate depending on the block style, eg Nickel waterblock will have Black Fittings.

wdzu.jpg

6e9p.jpg

hsn4.jpg

3pkm.jpg

3sgt.jpg

qw9i.jpg

Very impressive work!

One question though. I am looking for a fan hub solution to handle at least 8 fans. Is there any way to control the fans connected to the NZXT grid?

Those waterblocks are incredibly good looking! Also, I wasn't too sure about the sleeving first, but it turns out to looks very nice I must say!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I'll be making some changes to the build, most will not agree with although time has become a factor.

I'll be scraping the idea for Acrylic tubing, as much as id love it within this build i just don't have the time currently.

I've recently got a promotion at work and I'm flooded with work :(

I've finished all major sleeving with the only minor sleeving remains.

My to-do list to have this build completed is as follows.

• Complete the custom cables & sleeving on the minor cables (SATA, Case IO & Fans)
  • Fabricate custom bottom panel for mounting of D5 Pump
  • Tube up the system

I'm confident the final result will be a quality system, hopefully eligible for another BOTW nomination.

Still DS sounds and looks like a great build!

Congrats on the promotion!

Current rig: i7-5820K, R5E, 1070ti (windows), Radeon HD7850 (Mac), a bunch of SSDs and HDDs, running MacOS Mojave, Windows 10 + a bunch of debian servers on Proxmox KVM hypervisor

See my GitHub profile!

Dammit, auto correct striked again :D tapatalk won't let me edit the post either.. Sorry

See my GitHub profile!

RAM & Sleeving

Completed the final touches of the sleeving, only remaining cable is the SATA Power & Case IO Panel to be sleeved.

All EK Waterblocks, contrasting colors, I'll be using Nickel fittings on the black waterblocks while keep the black fittings on the Nickel Waterblocks :)

I've tossed the Noiseblocker PL-2's and i've gone with Corsair SP120's.

I decided to use SP120's due to the blue ring available, should add an extra point of color to the build.

I'm awaiting the arrivial of the fans, pump & fittings.

h0wh.jpg

io9i.jpg

excs.jpg

cg89.jpg

otku.jpg

ws3i.jpg

xsyx.jpg

teiu.jpg

So freaking sexy! Love the color combo, especially that blue.

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

So freaking sexy! Love the color combo, especially that blue.

Yeah Aqua is quite nice.

Light Blue and Grey is one of my favorite color combinations.  Now it's in a PC.  Heaven?!

EDIT: Congrats on the promotion!

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

PrimoChill Tubing

Tubing arrived today, so I've completed tubing up the main components, overall I'm quite happy with the loop, came up the way i was hoping :)

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but good thing it's my build :P

I'll complete the loop once i fabricate the mounting plate for the pump & reservoir.

vjha.jpg

48px.jpg

5x2c.jpg

k8k7.jpg

i8m2.jpg

Corsair SP120's

Installed the SP120's earlier, wouldn't say they are the best performing fans i've ever used, but the blue ring helps to accent the build, so i'll manage :)

I'll have to re-wire and sleeve the cables, something i intend to do later in the week.

wfih.jpg

gvsr.jpg

tp91.jpg

26mq.jpg

Just like your last build, this is going to be amazing, cant wait. Seems as if you have made some great progress today.

Just like your last build, this is going to be amazing, cant wait. Seems as if you have made some great progress today.

Yeah majority of my parts arrived today that were holding the build up, so it was nice to get the bulk of it completed.

Still got a fair chunk of work to go prior to completion.