MSI Z270 Krait Gaming

ShadowCaptain

Hey guys, here is a quick review of the MSI Z270 Krait gaming motherboard - apologies for the terrible colour grading and clipped audio! Anything that could have gone wrong with this video, went very wrong indeed - hopefully its still enjoyable and educational!!!

TLDR - Great priced motherboard, attractive design, wealth of features, great performance, lots of good IO

Video Review

Specs

- Socket 1151 Intel Kaby Lake 7th Gen CPUs

- 4x DDR 4 RAM slots with support for OC 3733mhz

- 2x M.2 SSD slots

- 6x SATA Ports with RAID (0/1/5/10) support
-  3 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots (support x16/x0/x4, x8/x8/x4 modes)

(2 Way SLI and 3 Way Crosfire supported)

- Gigabit Ethernet

- Audio Boost 4

Connectivity

PS2 Combo port
DVI

2x USB 2.0
HDMI 1.4
1 USB 3.1 Gen 2
USB type C
4 x USB 3.1
Gigabit ethernet

Mic Jack

7.1 audio

Quick rundown of main features

- VR Boost - Dedicated super fast USB port to drive demanding VR peripherals

- Audio Boost 4 - dedicated sound card with amps to drive high impedance audiophile headphones and speakers, 

- Steel armour - reinforced PCI-e and RAM slots to prevent damage/sagging when using heavy heatsinks

- m.2 SSD - support for two ultra fast NVME SSDs 

- Mystic Lighting - control all of your RGB lights and peripherals in one piece of software

Quick review 

Honestly, not sure what more I can say about a motherboard, its not the most interesting thing to talk about, but for the money, this board is a fantastic option for most gamers out there. With support for the newest overclockable Intel CPUs, multi gpu support, NVME support, you can get some serious performance without overspending on overpriced boards with features that nobody will use

I think the board is really well made, and very attractive with its white and black colour scheme. Definitely needs a nice case with a big side window to show off all the details. With RGB you could easily add in coloured components and change the lighting to suit any colour scheme!

Definitely recommended as a mid range board that doesn't skimp on performance or looks 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii