Windows 10 pushes notifcaitons to remind you to watch the Superbowl and to purchase snacks.

Syntaxvgm

why do i seem to never have any problems with windows 10, left it as is and been using it  since it was the free upgrade

albiet i use legit win10 pro

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Lol and there are still people that defend all this Microsoft sheninigans bullshit. :D

Also have this on my rig, i'm glad my Macbook Pro doesn't have this shit. 

2 hours ago, Sintezza said:

Lol and there are still people that defend all this Microsoft sheninigans bullshit.

But ... but ... but these people watching the Superbowl are Americans.  If it weren't for Microsoft reminding them to eat snacks, they'd probably not know that they should eat and then they'd die from starvation.  Millions of people probably would die tonight if it weren't for Microsoft !

Well Cortana has excellent prediction skills on how will win. Complain all you want, but using her to do some betting is probably a good way to make money.

On 2/4/2017 at 4:40 AM, SCHISCHKA said:

i think you'd be surprised what you can get on steamOS

Source games for me would be the only games I could play.

I hope the falcons win cause i dont like the Patriots they are so often in the final

6 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I hope the falcons win cause i dont like the Patriots they are so often in the final

Looks like it will a close game, but sadly it is in the favor of the Patriots:

Image1.png

42 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Well Cortana has excellent prediction skills on how will win. Complain all you want, but using her to do some betting is probably a good way to make money.

I'm still wishing I could completely disable that piece of shit.

13 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

firts world problems i guess.....

Wow, that's a pretty interesting response since this was what you posted when Samsung pushed out a notification ad for the Galaxy S6:

On 8/23/2015 at 10:39 AM, jaggysnake57 said:

i will NEVER  buy ANY phone that does this EVER

"First world problem" when Microsoft does it, but when Samsung does something similar it's such a big deal you would never buy any phone that did something like it, ever.

How is this news? doesn't conform to news rules does it? as I can't see any source(s) quoted, so not verified. I'm not having a go at you per say, just saying this should go somewhere else if it doesn't conform right?

But anyway, does anyone else get these messages? I don't on any of my machines, but could be because I'm not from the US. I don't get anything like that at all, only notifications in my notification area when an app has info for me, like dropbox files uploaded etc. I am running enterprise version though, so maybe that's why I get a bit more control.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

On 2/3/2017 at 6:33 AM, Syntaxvgm said:

I have cortona disabled but last nights update turned it on on my lock screen, not kidding.  When you log in it still says its disabled. Haven't disabled edge but it's not default. Maybe I should do something there. 

Barnucles Nerdgasm told me to run this program, and it has worked wonders for me since. Its as if I get to use the best of windows 10, without all the complete and utter BS. 

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/destroy_windows_10_spying.html

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

10 hours ago, othertomperson said:

I'm still wishing I could completely disable that piece of shit.

Delete cortana from C:\Windows\SystemApps\ (it has a ridiculously long name for each app, look for the word cortana in their names, BTW you can only do this with a linux live CD)...

@Tocsin_786

Its only disables a part of the BS, the rest is so deeply baked into the OS that you cannot disable it. Oh and forget about the hosts file, it turned out that in case of MS stuff spy10 just conveniently ignores it.

Edited by jagdtigger

3 hours ago, Tocsin_786 said:

Barnucles Nerdgasm told me to run this program, and it has worked wonders for me since. Its as if I get to use the best of windows 10, without all the complete and utter BS. 

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/destroy_windows_10_spying.html

not everything get disabled, best way is to just get a pfsense router and block all of ms's IP addresses 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 2/3/2017 at 6:24 AM, Syntaxvgm said:

n83khEi.png

Yep so this is a thing. All 3 of my 10 machines got it. 

This is different from their normal ads which are for microsoft products like office, so I felt the need to make a news topic to bitch about it. 

I really think these notifications are crossing the line.

I have all of the notifications off and I even did some registry settings to disable them, but every update magically they are back on, and i still get the ads with them off.  

Do we not own our own computers anymore? 

Are you on windows home or pro?

14 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Looks like it will a close game, but sadly it is in the favor of the Patriots:

Well! Cortana said New England Patriots will win, and once again Cortana was right.

18 hours ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

why do i seem to never have any problems with windows 10, left it as is and been using it  since it was the free upgrade

albiet i use legit win10 pro

Same here.

Zero issues. - I live in Backwater Australia so doubtful I'm going to get Superbowl notifications... but thing is, I get none anyway..

/Admittedly, in an Alpha/Beta Build prior to Release I tried it and it had issues as a daily driver, expected...

But using Post-Release W10, it's been fine, I've manually removed some things (without tools) and left it at that.

And it's been GREAT and very UN-obtrusive.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

6 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Same here.

Zero issues. - I live in Backwater Australia so doubtful I'm going to get Superbowl notifications... but thing is, I get none anyway..

/Admittedly, in an Alpha/Beta Build prior to Release I tried it and it had issues as a daily driver, expected...

But using Post-Release W10, it's been fine, I've manually removed some things (without tools) and left it at that.

yeah it sucks not having issues lol

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

50 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Same here.

Mostly my experience ^^^^

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

not everything get disabled, best way is to just get a pfsense router and block all of ms's IP addresses 

I have no idea how to set something like that up, let alone the costs. I would love to go back to win7, but at this point with tech moving so fast, its not worth it on my main PC. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

@Syntaxvgm You enjoying all of that Reddit karma?

6 hours ago, Kloaked said:

@Syntaxvgm You enjoying all of that Reddit karma?

no. I got like 2k of that 27k ish. Best part is a woke up one day with over 400 messages. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch