UPDATED G2A has flaw in their system pointed out to them, promptly "bans" user after issue is pointed out.

Nexxus

So this might be a bit weird for a news article but I do think it's important to be pointed out to our community since we are gamers (a lot of us) and G2A should be very much called out on this.

This all transpired on an AMA G2A was holding on Reddit so the only "source" is the original thread link which is below. So I guess the source is G2A themselves

I have a ton of quotes below and while it is more or less the entire conversation I wanted to screencap this in the events things were edited or deleted

I do realise this is out of the norm for a news post, but I did want to make sure word got out and did think G2As actions were news worthy, I hope this won't be an issue.

I have edited in some TLDR since it is a lot of reading.

Update: i'VE DONE A THING! apparently you need to provide proof of purchase for EVERY game you try to sell on G2A now.

Yq2l4Aj.jpg

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Great, so instead of trying to handle the situation properly the guy just takes the users money away. Everyone involved with G2A at any part of making an exchange is likely to get fucked.

Just another reason for me to never buy from G2A, and my friends still wonder why I am against it.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

10 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

I used to have faith in G2A, but that has been lost now. They better issue a public apology

you do get it that G2A knowingly allows sale of stolen keys, do you actually think they'll apologize for it?

---

you want to buy cheap? wait for a fucking sale! STEAM has them, GoG has them, Humble Bundle has pay what you want

markets like G2A, Kinguin and similar are legal black markets for stolen keys

some people who buy there don't know, but the people who advertise G2A (and similar) should get cancer

even if everything was above board and nothing was stolen id still much rather buy games from steam the humble store or GOG since that way you are directly benefiting the developer, also those websites have proper channels to get your money back if you don't like the game or it doesn't run or the key is dead etc. I've only ever bought things from g2a twice and it was a horrible experience. 

I lurk a lot

So G2A, a company that does not give a shit about piracy, the buyer and the seller, bans someone because they exposed their very dodgy website and how dodgy it is in X way that people didn't know about. Cool, doesn't suprize me.

7 minutes ago, zMeul said:

do not confuse this with "software piracy"!

this is outright theft and it's hurting the developers 

You are correct, I only thought about that after you pointed it out.

X person wants Z game, X person has morals so doesn't go and pirate it because he has a sole, and he sees Y website selling Z game for very cheap, so he buys it and it works, he unknowingly buys a stolen licence stolen from the developers and would have purchased the game legitimately if he had of known that it was stolen.

25 minutes ago, tlink said:

replace the r of reddit in the url to c for creddit and you can see everything that is deleted, don't log in there though as its a proxy but its a great way to check this stuff

https://www.ceddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/5rg9mo/we_work_for_g2acom_global_digital_marketplace/

thanks that image was difficult to read

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

7 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

thanks that image was difficult to read

Sorry bout that didn't think it would shrink the image here. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

And this, kids, is why you never buy from G2A and opt for a reputable seller or wait for sales.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

wow people are really ripping into them

[-]kcan1 4 points 15 hours ago (1 children)

If a developer wanted to NOT have their keys ever sold on your website (because of the vast amounts of reported fraud and your F rating from the BBB) is there a way they could go about doing that? Also as a consumer what actions (besides avoiding your website totally) could I take to help the various developers who've been hurt by your fraud friendly website?

[-]g2a_com -1 points 13 hours ago (1 children)

Let's look at what you've just said. 

A developer sold a key. They got paid for that key. Now the key ended up on G2A. Selling a game on G2A does not hurt the developer, they have already been paid for the game – and now, through Direct they can make even MORE money on the re-sale of that game. 

So they not only make money on a product once, but can make money on it for the second time. Re-selling a product is a part of the market. Imagine if Apple said, once someone bought one of their Macbooks, that they have to keep it forever and are never ever allowed to re-sell it...

what do they mean "through Direct they can make more money"

what is Direct?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I've never bought anything from G2A the site alone looks shady as fuck to me... I trust Kinguin more since they're sponsors for CS: GO and other games so it would be stupid for them to get flagged in a light light like this. Plus I've been able to refund anything I didn't like so far on their site with the live chat albeit that they take forever to refund to paypal.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

2 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

wow people are really ripping into them

what do they mean "through Direct they can make more money"

what is Direct?

Yeah the whole thing is a trainwreck, you should have seen them trying to save face on twitter too.

As for the direct thing, I have no idea.

System Specs

2 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

I've never bought anything from G2A the site alone looks shady as fuck to me... I trust Kinguin more since they're sponsors for CS: GO and other games so it would be stupid for them to get flagged in a light light like this. Plus I've been able to refund anything I didn't like so far on their site with the live chat albeit that they take forever to refund to paypal.

apparently g2a sponsors esports teams too so that doesn't mean much.

https://www.g2a.co/what-g2a/#g2a-esports

System Specs

2 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

from what iv seen on their business software, Kinguin are just as dodgy

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

What is G2A? I've never heard of this company where I live.

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Maybe we should ask Trump to shut it down? I mean, it is a crime to steal peoples money.

to shut it down just get Trump to do a AMA. The whole internet might actually go down

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, Okjoek said:

online market place based in hong kong that has been poorly managed and is over run with dodgy sellers

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

3 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

apparently g2a sponsors esports teams too so that doesn't mean much.

https://www.g2a.co/what-g2a/#g2a-esports

Forgot they even had sponsors for esports teams mostly knew of kinguin for CS: GO

2 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

from what iv seen on their business software, Kinguin are just as dodgy

I haven't had any problems as yet with them as yet but I mean looking at G2A and looking at kinguin which site looks more legit just at glance

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

3 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

to shut it down just get Trump to do a AMA. The whole internet might actually go down

Trump doesnt need to do anything in order to gain notoriety. I bet that if he did nothing negative or positive, even nothing at all, for half a year, even then the SJWs and democrats would still be rioting in the streets over his cruel policies.

But back on topic, anyone in this thread defending G2A in any capacity, should look at themselves in a mirror and ask "what is my values?"

1 minute ago, Okjoek said:

Think of it as eBay for video game keys. 

The issue people have with them is they are well known for selling game keys that later no longer work and the developer reports them as stolen.

What happens is someone steals a credit card, goes and buys a bunch of game keys on the stolen credit card. And then posts them for sale on G2A, the credit card company issues a chargeback once the fraudulent sales are reported and then the game dev/publishers void those keys.

I'm not saying they don't host legit keys as well but its stuff like the above that has gotten them in hot water.

System Specs

2 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Trump doesnt need to do anything in order to gain notoriety. I bet that if he did nothing negative or positive, even nothing at all, for half a year, even then the SJWs and democrats would still be rioting in the streets over his cruel policies.

But back on topic, anyone in this thread defending G2A in any capacity, should look at themselves in a mirror and ask "what is my values?"

What are morals and values ?  /s  lol