Senheiser vs Audio Technica

Misinthe

Hey guys, trying to decide between the Sennheiser HD 598 CS or the Audio Technica M50X MG. Thanks for the advice!

598s all day long IMO.

I used to be quite active here.

3 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

Hey guys, trying to decide between the Sennheiser HD 598 CS or the Audio Technica M50X MG. Thanks for the advice!

DEFINITELY GO FOR THE M50X. It's pretty much mainstream now. Audioquality is fab, and the design is as sexy as Linus.

CPU: i7-6700k                                                                                                                                                                      RAM: 16GB-DDR4

GPU: GTX 1050ti                                                                                                                                                            Headphones: ATH-M10

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB                                                                                                                    Recently Played: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013                                                                                                                         Currently Playing: Simulators

6 minutes ago, Samtell said:

DEFINITELY GO FOR THE M50X. It's pretty much mainstream now. Audioquality is fab, and the design is as sexy as Linus.

Kuroko-Head-Desk1.gif

7 minutes ago, SSL said:

Kuroko-Head-Desk1.gif

same

Well, I don't know if I should get open or closed back, I prefer open back if I'm home but when out and about I prefer closed so noone can hear.

HD598 anytime of the day.

M50X are just over-rated. DT770 are better than the M50X anytime...

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

22 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

I own both and have used both for years and can tell you both have their advantages. The 598's are more fragile so taking them outside is a huge risk. the m50x's are tank and will last a longer than anything else honestly. the 598s have a more accurate sound signature and less bass so If you're a bass-head or would like a little more on the low end I'd go with the m50x's. I prefer the m50x's for portability, longevity and better overall feel. Although the sound on the 598s are a lot better for vocals and feel more accurate. Also if you're in public I'd opt for the closed back version of the 598s (I have yet to try them but I assume the closed back property applies). But sad to say I like bass and durability more over a slightly better sound so I'd go after the m50x's honestly. But certain people have certain needs so just let me know where you'd like to go with the headphones haha

. But there are also better options at this price point so I touched on both products. 

4 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

-snip-

That's very good info, just one follow-up question, which would you say is best for content creation?

6 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

That's very good info, just one follow-up question, which would you say is best for content creation?

I prefer the 598s for monitoring sound for content creation. I've heard people on both sides of this argument and have come to that conclusion based on my own experience. But I prefer listening to music with the m50xs because of extra bass. But overall yeah I prefer the 598s for content creation. :)  I've been making videos and learning how sound levels/ decibel levels work and have had major progress when changing to the 598s. btw haha

7 hours ago, spiralfuzion said:

I prefer the 598s for monitoring sound for content creation. I've heard people on both sides of this argument and have come to that conclusion based on my own experience. But I prefer listening to music with the m50xs because of extra bass. But overall yeah I prefer the 598s for content creation. :)  I've been making videos and learning how sound levels/ decibel levels work and have had major progress when changing to the 598s. btw haha

Well, I don't listen to music on my phone or anything. Outside of my house I would only use them like if I go on a trip, I'll set up my tablet to watch movies on the plane and stuff like that. I don't go walking with my headphones listening to music. And in my house I would use them to watch movies, shows, playing games and make videos. 

2 hours ago, Miguel552 said:

Well, I don't listen to music on my phone or anything. Outside of my house I would only use them like if I go on a trip, I'll set up my tablet to watch movies on the plane and stuff like that. I don't go walking with my headphones listening to music. And in my house I would use them to watch movies, shows, playing games and make videos. 

They are well worth the money if you're used to lower quality headphones. It'll be a breath of fresh air haha.

34 minutes ago, kaisei said:

ITT: Just about everyone mistaking the HD598 Cs for the HD598

What does ITT mean? Iteresting Tech Tips? Also yeah, what is better though? closed or open back?

19 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

What does ITT mean? Iteresting Tech Tips? Also yeah, what is better though? closed or open back?

It means in this thread. "Better" is mostly dependent on your tastes in music and where you will be using the headphones. Closed backs are great for if you do not want any noise leaks (whether leaking into your music from the outside, or your music leaking out for everyone else around you to hear. Open back usually has the better sound stage for if your music is recorded to have instruments or vocalists placed in certain positions and they want you to hear it like that. There are other aspects too, but those are the main, basic differences.