Keep my krakens or buy m50x?

majestic_failure

Seel my krakens and buy m50s headphones or no?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Sell your krakens and get m50x's
    • Keep what you have. It's not worth it the money.

Sorry if this is spam. Feel free to flag it if it is but I just wanted to get some advice. I have razer kraken headphones and someone offered ti buy them for $40. Should I take that money and use some more ($70 more when I buy used) to buy m50x headphones, or is there too little change? 

this highly depends on what sound signature you prefer. the krakens have more difined and a litle overpowered bass, while the M50x's have much clearer sound but less bass.

I say you shoud keep your krakens, beacause saying the phrase

AYE, I BE A KEEPIN ME KRAKENS.

is fun to say.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

6 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

this highly depends on what sound signature you prefer. the krakens have more difined and a litle overpowered bass, while the M50x's have much clearer sound but less bass.

Also m50x's have studio audio

IM BACK BABY

I plan to do the same and sell my krakens when i go to buy a pair of ATH M50x. My friend also got them and he hasnt once regretted his decision.

2 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

I plan to do the same and sell my krakens when i go to buy a pair of ATH M50x. My friend also got them and he hasnt once regretted his decision.

And he bought them full price brand new.

14 minutes ago, King_of_Oz said:

is fun to say.

this is also a valid point.

5 hours ago, RollinLower said:

this is also a valid point.

Yes. It it very valid.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

Generally, I avoid "gaming" headsets at all costs; they're really expensive, usually poorly built and the sound is never as good. I have the M50x's, and I personally love them, although some people think they're overhyped.

I'm sure @SSL will have other recommendations.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

2 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Generally, I avoid "gaming" headsets at all costs; they're really expensive, usually poorly built and the sound is never as good. I have the M50x's, and I personally love them, although some people think they're overhyped.

I'm sure @SSL will have other recommendations.

You can get krackens as just headphones.

1 minute ago, EmoChipmonk said:

You can get krackens as just headphones.

Wow really? I definitely wouldn't then. The only thing a headset can offer is a mic, which a ModMic can do just as well. I really don't like the sound of the Krakens, it's just a big blob of muddy bass.

1 minute ago, Rangaman42 said:

Wow really? I definitely wouldn't then. The only thing a headset can offer is a mic, which a ModMic can do just as well. I really don't like the sound of the Krakens, it's just a big blob of muddy bass.

I got mine on a sale. also... one cord..... yep i buy shit for simpleist reasons.

I got mine on a sale. also... one cord..... yep i buy shit for simpleist reasons.

Hmm if it was a good sale, that could make a difference. And yeah, the ModMic cord situation sucks and I'm sure as hell not getting a proper desk mic (got given the ModMic, and I never use it).

Hmm if it was a good sale, that could make a difference. And yeah, the ModMic cord situation sucks and I'm sure as hell not getting a proper desk mic (got given the ModMic, and I never use it).

Again. No mic. I have a rock bad mic for that (works WAY better then you would think as an actual mic) Normally it was like 80 Cad and i got it for 40 or so.

Again. No mic. I have a rock bad mic for that (works WAY better then you would think as an actual mic) Normally it was like 80 Cad and i got it for 40 or so.

For years I used the mic in my c920 webcam :P I don't play many online games, and when I do, I don't speak.

For years I used the mic in my c920 webcam :P I don't play many online games, and when I do, I don't speak.

My god. I couldnt do that, especially when i stream or make videos. Though it make a fuss about it even when i skype soo.... ya i have issues,

4 hours ago, kurtstir said:

Also m50x's have studio audio

and what does that mean?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

24 minutes ago, spwath said:

and what does that mean?

It means, m50x comes with a studio for better listening sessions. HEHEHEHE..

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

...With that kind of curiosity for "better" headphones, you'll end up with a closet full of headphones in 2 years time. 

It all starts when you get something like an Audio Technica M50x. It's from a reputable brand. It sounds great, but competitors do better for the price. So you'll end up upgrading your M50x later. But it ain't easy because there are too many great choices under $200, but should you go higher and get the HD 600? But what if the HD 600 sounds too dull for your tastes? Maybe you should get planar magnetic headphones instead? But there's that annoying peak in the 10 kHz zone. ARRRGGHHHHH!!! It's already too late, your closet is full of headphones you (regretfully) bought. 

So, yeah, stick with what you have. Buy something of similar quality if your headset ever breaks. Don't be me. 

oh my god this thread

OP, unless you actually care about audio quality, don't bother getting different headphones.

16 hours ago, King_of_Oz said:

is fun to say.

But if he sells them he could say "RELEASE THE KRAKEN" when the guy comes pick them up or something.