Nintendo annonces that now, over 100 games are in developement for the Switch, up from 80 - and boosted console porduction..

GoodBytes

Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima told investors, during the company investors meeting this week, that due to the high interest in Nintendo Switch there is an increase of games being released for the new game console. In the January press event of the Nintendo Switch, the company announced that they are 80 games being in development for the system. That number has went up. It is now over 100 games, from over 70 publishers.

NintendoSwitch_hardware_Console_06.0.jpg

Kimishima said:

After the presentation on January 13, we have continued to receive requests from more and more software publishers who want to develop games for the system. At the presentation, we announced that there were over 80 titles in development from more than 50 software publishers, but that number has now climbed to over 100 titles from more than 70 publishers.

In addition, the company announces that due to the high demand of the system, and high amount of pre-orders worldwide, the company is now its boosting production for the system. And it still determined to provide 2 million consoles world wide by March. And due to the high demand, they are increasing production of the system.

Source  1: http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/1/14469822/nintendo-launch-titles

Source 2: https://www.slashgear.com/nintendo-boosts-switch-production-as-pre-orders-sell-out-31473421/

Already, this news goes in different direction than the WIiU, where publishers where pulling out games in development due to low interest of the system.

So, of course, making games takes a long time. So results won't show in year 1 like all new consoles, but year 2 and after is where things should start appearing.

Are you getting a Switch? And when? I are you more interested in the system now? (despite no official announcement of the coming games, which we probably need to wait for this coming up E3 and the next one to see these "100 games in dev").

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Are you getting a Switch? And when? I are you more interested in the system now?

Yes, after launch as I never preorder and they might have a zelda edition a month or so after launch, not really

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Ayyy I just hope there are some good virtual console titles, my life would be complete if they got Super Mario Sunshine and Paper Mario (the good ones) on that thing.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Are you getting a Switch? And when? I are you more interested in the system now? (despite no official announcement of the coming games, which we probably need to wait for this coming up E3 and the next one to see these "100 games in dev").

tba, depends on if the pay2online stays or gets killed, yes

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

7 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima told investors, during the company investors meeting this week, that due to the high interest in Nintendo Switch there is an increase of games being released for the new game console. In the January press event of the Nintendo Switch, the company announced that they are 80 games being in development for the system. That number has went up. It is now over 100 games, from over 70 publishers.

NintendoSwitch_hardware_Console_06.0.jpg

Kimishima said:

In addition, the company announces that due to the high demand of the system, and high amount of pre-orders worldwide, the company is now its boosting production for the system. And it still determined to provide 2 million consoles world wide by March. And due to the high demand, they are increasing production of the system.

Source  1: http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/1/14469822/nintendo-launch-titles

Source 2: https://www.slashgear.com/nintendo-boosts-switch-production-as-pre-orders-sell-out-31473421/

Already, this news goes in different direction than the WIiU, where publishers where pulling out games in development due to low interest of the system.

So, of course, making games takes a long time. So results won't show in year 1 like all new consoles, but year 2 and after is where things should start appearing.

Dbrand better get their butts moving. There's some great skin potential happening here...

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

5 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

Do you understand the logic against preordering? It’s my understanding that the reasoning behind it was because games were too much of a risk to be worth betting on before release, and also that this was primarily the case on platforms besides Nintendo. How risky is it to bet on Zelda being anything different from what it’s been in the past decade? You can have a pretty safe guess as to how it’s going to turn out.

I want a zelda edition console (which I am sure will be a thing) and preordering is something I'll never do as I want any hiccups to be known before I purchase, the xbox 360 I waited for the elite model which fixed the overheating issues for example

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

i will be buying this in the summer most likely when splatoon 2 comes out also looking at the last two home consoles that nintendo put out the price might have dropped by then 

I lurk a lot

I've been a Nintendo fan for a long time, and have own every handheld starting from the Gameboy Color. But well... just like them I'm going to wait until there're games I really like on the system before I put down my money. 

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

and boosted console production..

so the uk gets 5 units this time , not 2 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Good to see, but they still need to figure out the online service since its seems very disappointing.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I just hope it has good video streaming support like Netflix, YouTube, Plex

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I would order one if it had a List of Games or big game backers i think it needs AAA games to get my money not Nintendo only titles . I also think its a little on the too weak end but we dont know that for sure. If it really is just a shield TV tablet Power wise or they upgraded it somewhat.  personally i wouldnt have minded $399 for a faster version especially if games are 1-2 years out when its worth having it will be getting outdated in its forum factor wise/ speed

12 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

I just hope it has good video streaming support like Netflix, YouTube, Plex

At the launch, based on what was presented by Nintendo, it will only be able to play games, view pictures taken by the capture button, create/switch accounts, and access settings related to the system. More feature may come the company said, but no information when and what, beside gameplay recording and sharing.

I think Nintendo focus was making a lean, simple, game focused OS, and not do the garbage that was the WiiU OS, where you had "plenty" of features, but opening the Settings panel took ages. Awful, just awful, and heavy consuming more RAM than Windows (and who knows on the CPU side of things). Nintendo doesn't have the knowledge and resources as Sony and Microsoft has in OS development. Making an OS, even basing it on something, is very complicated task. Sony has the expertise from making OS's (firmware) for their various electronic systems (cameras, TVs, VCRs, DVD, Blue-Ray players, etc...) which helped shaped the PlayStation OS. As for Microsoft.. well Windows... they have been at it since ages. So it is good to see that the Switch has a focus on not the fluff, but rather on gaming, and focus on optimizations (hopefully, but it looks like. Already Zelda Breath of the Wild loads faster than games on other console, so that is excellent news (the fact that it is a cartridge and not disk, helps a lot as well).

19 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

At the launch, based on what was presented by Nintendo, it will only be able to play games, view pictures taken by the capture button, create/switch accounts, and access settings related to the system. More feature may come the company said, but no information when and what, beside gameplay recording and sharing.

I think Nintendo focus was making a lean, simple, game focused OS, and not do the garbage that was the WiiU OS, where you had "plenty" of features, but opening the Settings panel took ages. Awful, just awful, and heavy consuming more RAM than Windows (and who knows on the CPU side of things). Nintendo doesn't have the knowledge and resources as Sony and Microsoft has in OS development. Making an OS, even basing it on something, is very complicated task. Sony has the expertise from making OS's (firmware) for their various electronic systems (cameras, TVs, VCRs, DVD, Blue-Ray players, etc...) which helped shaped the PlayStation OS. As for Microsoft.. well Windows... they have been at it since ages. So it is good to see that the Switch has a focus on not the fluff, but rather on gaming, and focus on optimizations (hopefully, but it looks like. Already Zelda Breath of the Wild loads faster than games on other console, so that is excellent news (the fact that it is a cartridge and not disk, helps a lot as well).

Understandable, I just really also want to be able to use this as a bed video player. And I would like to see 4G in it but doesn't expect it to happen.( Because adding data only devices are free on File)

35 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

I would order one if it had a List of Games or big game backers i think it needs AAA games to get my money not Nintendo only titles . I also think its a little on the too weak end but we dont know that for sure. If it really is just a shield TV tablet Power wise or they upgraded it somewhat.  personally i wouldnt have minded $399 for a faster version especially if games are 1-2 years out when its worth having it will be getting outdated in its forum factor wise/ speed

Hmm.. I agree, I mean more performance the better. I think it is the Tegra X1 updated with some tech from Pascal, and reduced the production process. But I am just guessing, else they would just say Nvidia Tegra or Nvidia Tegra X1, and not "Custom Nvidia Tegra chip". Anyway, the problem is that 50$ really changes perspective of consumers.

For example:

If the Switch was $250, it would be an impulse buy for many

If the Switch is $300, it needs some titles, with at least, at minimum, 1 big title... at least to get the Nintendo fan base to buy it.

At 350$, now you need a solid console, solid trust from consumers about third party games (which Nintendo doesn't). Yes it is more powerful, but would you really notice a difference. Keep in mind that the $50 is split between: faster chip, bigger/better cooling, and larger battery.

At $400 now you up the stakes... people want 1080p 60fps marketed everywhere, you are playing with the big boys, even that is not enough, so you want to hear HDR, 4K, etc.

That means that the screen in portable needs to be in 1080p, meaning most of the money on the battery and cooling, and the unit might be too heavy as a result, which hurts the whole point of being somewhat portable. And you want these 4K upscaling when connected to the TV, which results in reduce performance for games, so now, while yes graphics might be better over $350, it is a hard sell. In other words, thanks to the strong marketing from Sony and Microsoft on its updated consoles, it prevents Nintendo in some ways to offer a compelling system at this price point to consumers.

See it this way. In Canada the Switch cost 400$. Everyone I talk to, have a VERY difficult time to even consider it. Everyone goes pretty much: "i know it is pricey as the Canadian currency went down the drain in the recent years, so everything is more costly, but 400$ really need a serious strong list of games for me to consider...", and even then, our games are 80$ (any console and PC). So, waiting for price drop in some games (older ones) are needed for many.

Also, I think Nintendo wants to open the door for price drop to $250 if it turns into another WiiU. For example the 3DS didn't do well at all at first, and the price drop made it sale like hot cakes, and the wide adaption made third party support grow really high.

Oh and keep in mind, that a more powerful system, makes a more costly system, which makes it harder to sell, so marketing stuff like "4K" "HDR", etc. makes devs pressured to deliver such experience, which increases cost, which in turn increases risk, meaning that it needs a larger user base to develop a game for.

Now, the real solution is if Nintendo sales the console at a loss, but that is something the company is not willing to do. They are convinced that they can make it work with the right price, and aim for fun experiences over fancy graphics.

What helps Nintendo HUGELY, is the fact that the console doesn't have any custom architecture, or something that is difficult to develop on with limited tools. It uses an ARM chip, which, thanks to smartphone, has now excellent compilers, and excellent tools and documentation to really know how to develop on it reducing development cost, and have an easier time taking full advantage of the system. Plus, it has a full Nvidia GeForce architecture GPU, which brings full OpenGL and Vulkan support. Not some custom or partial OpenGL type thing going on.

22 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Understandable, I just really also want to be able to use this as a bed video player. And I would like to see 4G in it but doesn't expect it to happen.( Because adding data only devices are free on File)

Agreed. I think it should at least have Netflix, Hulu and similar services apps. Hopefully they will come before year end.

As for LTE/4G network, I forgot how it is on an Android phone, but from a simple tap in the action center in Windows 10 Mobile device you can make your phone a WiFi hotpot. So do this with your phone, and have your Switch connect to it, and now you can enjoy paying for 1 plan instead of 2, and get gaming on the go.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

So do this with your phone, and have your Switch connect to it, and now you can enjoy paying for 1 plan instead of 2, and get gaming on the go.

Yea but not all carriers offer unlimited hotspot, or fast hotspot. T-Mobile, for example, will give you unlimited data on a tablet, but will throttle hotspots to 512Kb/s (or pay $15 extra and get 5GB of high-speed tether).

7 minutes ago, Suika said:

Yea but not all carriers offer unlimited hotspot, or fast hotspot. T-Mobile, for example, will give you unlimited data on a tablet, but will throttle hotspots to 512Kb/s (or pay $15 extra and get 5GB of high-speed tether).

huh? Apologies from my lack of knowledge on how things work in the US (I know the lack of competition is a serious issue there), but just to be clear, I meant making your phone a "wireless router", where you can connect other devices to it. For all your carrier knows, you are web surfing or sending pictures and such via MMS.

Are you saying that they actual time limit this feature? How about unlocked phones?

27 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

SNIP

I understand it becomes a hard Sell the Extra $100 and I personally would want that Money to mostly goto better Power which can make a big difference seeing as the dock screen controllers ect take up a good portion of the $300 so that budget of an extra $100 is almost doubling what there spending on power and cooling currently.  my Fear and probably why i wont own one is the Fact that it wont get supported by serious games just casual stuff like the Wii and Wii U had and the occasional fun and good Nintendo game. 

If they charged $399 and showed off support from EA sport tiles, and a few up coming games like tom Clancy or even Call of duty, Not that i like thoses specfic titiles but something to show this can play real games and is taken seriously.  If they do this with the $299 Price tag and the tegra X1 all power to them it just seems less likely as very little games are announced

The Canadian Price isnt bad at all honestly $300 USD is $392 CAD at this moment... Thats a $8.00 up charge ?  

Hopefully the Arm Aspect of this makes phone and tablet gaming more Real of an option for on the go If they have to code for ARM anyway. since tablets i forsee being faster in 2-3 years anyhow.

I Understand i might be in the minority but with the Wii U failure imo due to real content i expected them to take that more seriously this time. Maybe there chasing the casual mobile type gamers and im just out of the loop idk 

I have a game coming for it next year. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

10 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

huh? Apologies from my lack of knowledge on how things work in the US (I know the lack of competition is a serious issue there), but just to be clear, I meant making your phone a "wireless router", where you can connect other devices to it. For all your carrier knows, you are web surfing or sending pictures and such via MMS.

Are you saying that they actual time limit this feature? How about unlocked phones?

They Typically charge a good amount for this feature.  But Tmobile Specficly offers unlimited data plans that if you could put in the Switch would give you unlimited gaming on it.  But if you have the card in the phone and tether to the switch you only get 5gb of data a month ( The phone still gets Unlimited) its so you dont use the unlimited data as like a house hold internet plan 

28 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Agreed. I think it should at least have Netflix, Hulu and similar services apps. Hopefully they will come before year end.

As for LTE/4G network, I forgot how it is on an Android phone, but from a simple tap in the action center in Windows 10 Mobile device you can make your phone a WiFi hotpot. So do this with your phone, and have your Switch connect to it, and now you can enjoy paying for 1 plan instead of 2, and get gaming on the go.

Ya I know I can do that it's just Google Fi allows me to add data only devices to my plan without paying extra. So now I like the idea of having 4G in the device. Most other carriers charge to add data devices.

28 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Uh, I mean more along the lines that US carriers restrict how much data you can consume using the phone's hotspot functionality, or limit speeds with it. AT&T doesn't allow you to use mobile hotspot with unlimited data, Sprint allows you but limits you to only 3GB of data for the hotspot, and T-Mobile limits the speed to 512Kbps.

In my experience with T-Mobile, they can discern between mobile data and data used through hotspot/tethering. There are some workarounds, however T-Mobile will block certain applications and ports, such as ports commonly used for online gaming servers.