Asus announces 2 X370 boards: ROG Crosshair VI Hero and X370 Prime

asim1999
On 31/01/2017 at 8:03 PM, DocSwag said:

Hmph. I wonder when we'll see one that has a PLX Bridge so that it supports 4 way crossfire. RIP 4 way SLI.

no real need for more then 4x x4 Gen3.... CF isnt really affected even at 4x x8 Gen2

• 3 weeks later...

Pro or ROG for overclocking potential?

Guess we won't know their potential with these new procs until the reviews come out.

If Ryzen chips hit their max OC potential easily then a Pro might suffice.

I appreciate the lower cost of these boards vs Intels options, but still pricey.

50 minutes ago, ShampooCA said:

Pro or ROG for overclocking potential?

Guess we won't know their potential with these new procs until the reviews come out.

If Ryzen chips hit their max OC potential easily then a Pro might suffice.

I appreciate the lower cost of these boards vs Intels options, but still pricey.

They really should be about equal.

15 minutes ago, suits said:

They really should be about equal.

I'm leaning towards one of the ASRock or Gigabyte boards, but this Asus ROG board is looking pretty nice, and I haven't bought a premium motherboard in a long ass time circa DFI Lanparty days.
I think I deserve it, haha, we'll see.  CAD prices are rough, $300+

1 minute ago, ShampooCA said:

I'm leaning towards one of the ASRock or Gigabyte boards, but this Asus ROG board is looking pretty nice, and I haven't bought a premium motherboard in a long ass time circa DFI Lanparty days.
I think I deserve it, haha, we'll see.  CAD prices are rough, $300+

The nice thing about the Asus ROG board is the cooler mount is backward compatible with AM3 so you'll be able to water cool it immediately instead of waiting for the companies to come out with the proper mounting hardware.

Just now, suits said:

The nice thing about the Asus ROG board is the cooler mount is backward compatible with AM3 so you'll be able to water cool it immediately instead of waiting for the companies to come out with the proper mounting hardware.

Exactly, another good reason to spend more money, hehe

I picked up an H100i GTX refurb for less than $100 at NCIX special, hot deal, so yeah I could use it right away.  Also had Thermalright ship me their AM4 mounting hardware for my TRUE120 in case I want to switch to air, but like you said this board would eliminate any need to wait for stuff. 

It's details like this that make me want to give Asus my money.  How simple is it to do a thing like drill some extra holes, that other board partners overlooked.

Of course they limited it to their premium products, but still, very thoughtful.