• High End SupremeFX audio
  • Built in AC Wifi
  • M.2 and USB 3.1 support
  • NO rear display IO from the looks of it
  • RGB Lighting and 2 LED headers
  • 2 Way SLI and 3 way Crossfire
  • Auto and manual overclocking support

X370 Prime features@

• Isolated audio (not as high end as SupremeFX though)
  • M.2 and USB 3.1 support
  • RGB Lighting and 1 LED header
  • 2 Way SLI and 3 way Crossfire
  • Auto and manual overclocking support

First up, the higher end Crosshair board:

Pics:

31120359534s.jpg

31120400229s.jpg

31120400191s.jpg

31120401423l.jpg

Prime X370:

31120401528s.jpg

More boards to come:

31120402493l.jpg

Source:

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/asus_has_announced_their_crosshair_vi_hero_am4_motherboard/1

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Does prime comes with any light? 

Hmph. I wonder when we'll see one that has a PLX Bridge so that it supports 4 way crossfire. RIP 4 way SLI.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Cool.

I have to say that i´m personally not really blown away by the specs of the am4 chipsets in general.

However i can´t wait to take a closer look to these new boards, and doin some vrm circuitry analytics on them.

I´m pretty much more interested in that.

The feutures of the am4 platform in general arent really that innovative.

2 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Hmph. I wonder when we'll see one that has a PLX Bridge so that it supports 4 way crossfire. RIP 4 way SLI.

Well technically you dont need a PLX to run 4 way crossfire cos it only requires PCI X4. 

But a PLX would be cool if they do release a flagship ROG Extreme or WS board. Would set them apart from the competition 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Should support it by default, no? 24 lanes from the CPU, 8 from the chipset for a total of 32. I know that the chipset lanes are 2.0, not 3.0, but I don't know what impact this has on SLI. Unless you are just trying to bench, 4 way SLI is just dead. Nvidia stopped officially supporting it for games, and scaling has never been good for 4 cards anyways. That, and PEX8747 isn't cheap, lol.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Good to see that Asus didn't go full on the gamery look.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

And apparently, Ryzen and AM4 support Win 7 according to: 

So that's me sold.

Ye ole' train

Do...

Do I...

DO I SEE PCI SLOTS IN 2016 2017? WUT?

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, asim1999 said:

Well technically you dont need a PLX to run 4 way crossfire cos it only requires PCI X4. 

But a PLX would be cool if they do release a flagship ROG Extreme or WS board. Would set them apart from the competition 

plus IMO x4 pcie 3.0 might begin to be a little low in terms of bandwidth. Plus if you want to put in other things (which I'd assume you'd want to do if you have 4 way crossfire, probably m.2 drives and maybe other stuff like a 10gig network card or something) you'd need to extra lanes.

2 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Should support it by default, no? 24 lanes from the CPU, 8 from the chipset for a total of 32. I know that the chipset lanes are 2.0, not 3.0, but I don't know what impact this has on SLI. Unless you are just trying to bench, 4 way SLI is just dead. Nvidia stopped officially supporting it for games, and scaling has never been good for 4 cards anyways. That, and PEX8747 isn't cheap, lol.

See above :) 

It's kinda just an enthusiast thing I guess. Probably doesn't matter that much for us for the most part, but it'd be nice to be able to at least have enough for x8/x8+2 m.2 drives and maybe a little more stuff like more usb ports through pcie lanes or a 10gig network card.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

So that's me sold.

10 phase power design hmm interesting.

I'm currious to what AMD exally mean by that.

Because there are no true 10 phase pwm´s used on modern boards today.

But i suppose this will mean 4 phases doubled to 8 for main vcore.

plus IMO x4 pcie 3.0 might begin to be a little low in terms of bandwidth. Plus if you want to put in other things (which I'd assume you'd want to do if you have 4 way crossfire, probably m.2 drives and maybe other stuff like a 10gig network card or something) you'd need to extra lanes.

See above :) 

It's kinda just an enthusiast thing I guess. Probably doesn't matter that much for us for the most part, but it'd be nice to be able to at least have enough for x8/x8+2 m.2 drives and maybe a little more stuff like more usb ports through pcie lanes or a 10gig network card.

I don't know if it's a per-board issue, with the way they choose to wire the PLX bridges, but I personally wouldn't use an M.2 SSD with one. Latency was horrible on the Z97 classified when running multi-GPU. Learned the hard way that PLX doesn't do dissimilar multiplex, lol.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Do...

Do I...

DO I SEE PCI SLOTS IN 2016? WUT?

Are you aware of what year it is? It is currentYear()

Now show me the cosshair VI Formula.

9 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Do...

Do I...

DO I SEE PCI SLOTS IN 2016? WUT?

dunno did you see a PCI slot in 2016? :P 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Is that 13 USB ports I see?! *drooools*

Looks pretty solid. Can't wait to see what they do with the SFF boards. Those are all I really care about.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 minutes ago, MageTank said:

I don't know if it's a per-board issue, with the way they choose to wire the PLX bridges, but I personally wouldn't use an M.2 SSD with one. Latency was horrible on the Z97 classified when running multi-GPU. Learned the hard way that PLX doesn't do dissimilar multiplex, lol.

Hm. Fair enough. Honestly I think it was a little bit shortsited to use 24 pcie lanes on Ryzen. Especially considering if it's meant to go against the likes of the 6850k and 6900k which have 40 pcie lanes. For most of us it probably doesn't matter, especially when we're buying 4 and 6 core CPUs, but if it's meant to compete at the enthusiast level they should have made it totally enthusiast, and IMO 24 lanes isn't enthusiast level.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

So that's me sold.

EK monoblock yes, glade to see that

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

23 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

Doubled-up 5 phase probably. Or actually, that's really the only way you can have them. And they didn't say 10 phases for everything, so I can assume it's a 10+2 phase or something like that.

Ye ole' train

1 hour ago, Sintezza said:

I'm assuming the are counting the phases for the memory as well.

Basically, the typical 8+2 VRM system.

Hugh...should I have waited for 'Zen' instead of jumping ship to 'Broadwell-E'....or be those people who switch platforms after every few months...

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz (still tweaking) -- i7-6800K
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master -- ASUS X99 Deluxe
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT Special Edition Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT Special Edition -- 2x Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 (16GB TridentZ RGB + 16GB Red/Black TridentZ)
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Edition
  • Ekwb Custom loop
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

This is great. I might put a ZEN sku in my Vulcan, if the Matx boards look good enough.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

@Dackzy, @Kloaked 

That was obviously the point :P 

Totally not a mistake or anything...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)