Weird "bluescreen" crashes

JakobOlason

My pc began to be really annoying, i got no idea why, possibly because it was "old". (as in 5 years) I then upgraded almost all parts except the ram,  but when i got my new ssd and GPU in, my computer just started to crash, and give a blue screen saying hardware may not be installed correctly and making a dump file or something. I have since then reinstalled windows, but nothing helped. I have also reinstalled GPU and SSD. Know it only chrashes once, and then after a hard reset, it was normal. Also it doesn't help resetting my computer before it crashes. 

CPU - i5 4460

GPU - GTX 1060

SSD - Kingston UV400

RAM - Some unknown RAM from a prebuilt acer system

What PSU are you using?  It shouldn't make a difference, as newer equipment tends to be more efficient, but on occasion the efficient upgrade is still rated higher than the old parts.  Also make sure you reset your CMOS settings if you're using Legacy in BIOS.  If you reinstalled using UEFI, you should be good.

RAM - Some unknown RAM from a prebuilt acer system

Using ram from a pre-built system is bad to begin with. try using som ram that you know is compatible with your motherboard. make sure the amount of gb and frequency is supported by your mobo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2017 at 5:20 PM, Doramius said:

What PSU are you using?  It shouldn't make a difference, as newer equipment tends to be more efficient, but on occasion the efficient upgrade is still rated higher than the old parts.  Also make sure you reset your CMOS settings if you're using Legacy in BIOS.  If you reinstalled using UEFI, you should be good.

i updated the bios if that's what you meant :> and i'm using a 500w bronze from be quiet! that should be okay.

On 1/31/2017 at 7:43 PM, Slayerstealth said:

Using ram from a pre-built system is bad to begin with. try using som ram that you know is compatible with your motherboard. make sure the amount of gb and frequency is supported by your mobo.

didn't know that. thought it didn't matter where it came from, just that frequency matched with the cpu.

Did you update the BIOS and then the problem started, or did you update the BIOS because the problem was happening?

12 hours ago, Doramius said:

Did you update the BIOS and then the problem started, or did you update the BIOS because the problem was happening?

Updated the BIOS because it was happening. 

Do you have an alternate source for video output?  is there onboard video or do you have another video card?  After trying alternative video device, is it still crashing?

On 2/14/2017 at 9:10 PM, Doramius said:

Do you have an alternate source for video output?  is there onboard video or do you have another video card?  After trying alternative video device, is it still crashing?

So you want me to try the cpu video, or do you want me to try another GPU?

Correct.  is there a video out on the mainboard, or do you have another video card?

1 hour ago, Doramius said:

Correct.  is there a video out on the mainboard, or do you have another video card?

Yes i have onboard intel graphics, but why should it be the GPU? You didn't know but it's the latest part i bought for my pc, so there rly shouldn't be any problems. I will try it tho

part of the troubleshooting process.  Helps to identify what is working vs what is not, and then allows to determine what the actual cause of the issue is.