New GPU time - Dell's case/mobo

alca

Hello, I'm looking to upgrade my GPU in the forthcoming months. Little problem is that my case + mobo is manufactured by Dell, thus many have told me that dual-slotted GPUs will physically not fit into the case.

My case is the 760 MT, pics here https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883158424&cm_re=dell_optiplex_760-_-83-158-424-_-Product

The best single-slotted GPU seems to be the 750ti, but I need something more powerful.

I can spend around $220 - don't need anything extreme.

PSU is CM's GX450W, and it has a 1 6-pin connector

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, alca said:

Hello, I'm looking to upgrade my GPU in the forthcoming months. Little problem is that my case + mobo is manufactured by Dell, thus many have told me that dual-slotted GPUs will physically not fit into the case.

My case is the 760 MT, pics here https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883158424&cm_re=dell_optiplex_760-_-83-158-424-_-Product

The best single-slotted GPU seems to be the 750ti, but I need something more powerful.

I can spend around $220 - don't need anything extreme.

PSU is CM's GX450W, and it has a 1 6-pin connector

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Don't trust Dell with their claims. They say single slot (probably) so that you don't cover other slots on the motherboard. If you have the space and PSU, go for whatever card you want.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

13 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Don't trust Dell with their claims. They say single slot (probably) so that you don't cover other slots on the motherboard. If you have the space and PSU, go for whatever card you want.

Trying to figure out if I have the space before the purchase since I don't have a lot of money to waste :P ty though!!!

2 hours ago, alca said:

Trying to figure out if I have the space before the purchase since I don't have a lot of money to waste :P ty though!!!

I fit a MSI Armor OC RX 470 in my Dell Studio XPS 8100 if that helps.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1050Ti is the best you can get.

The Zotac Mini should fit fine.

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

2 hours ago, oskarha said:

1050Ti is the best you can get.

The Zotac Mini should fit fine.

Yeah, I'll probably get the 1050ti 4gb mini edition. ty