Is the Killer Double Shot Pro as great as it claims?

JR Tyner

I am looking to build a computer like the IdeaCentre AIO Y910 and it seems to have a really good Network card. I'm not sure if it really is as great as they claim or if I am falling for marketing hype? It seems really great for me with the following info from : http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/ideacentre/aio-y900/aio-y910-27/?IPromoID=LEN696673#tab-customize

Lag-free Online Gameplay

The intelligent connectivity of Killer Double Shot Pro means your Ethernet and WiFi work together to reduce lag times by sending real-time traffic – like your favorite online game – along the faster path, and standard traffic along an alternate path. The result is faster performance – up to 50-percent faster data transfer from single apps and more than 10 times the transfer speed when multitasking. Faster streaming, faster response – faster fun.

Nope, still worse than intel. Your much better off with just ethernet, and using intel nics(lower cpu usage, faster, better drivers, no junky software)

You probably won't need more than 1gig, and if you do, run lacp or 10gig.

14 minutes ago, JR Tyner said:

up to 50-percent faster*

*in 99% of cases 0% faster.

what they're trying to do is provide a software based solution for something that is not even a PC-sided problem, but rather a network device problem.

it's essentially like putting a piece of software on your car that says it kicks out less greenhouse gasses, to hide it is in fact slowly gassing the entire planet like its creator's secret plan described in the 1940s.

8 hours ago, manikyath said:

*in 99% of cases 0% faster.

8 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Nope, still worse than intel. Your much better off with just ethernet, and using intel nics(lower cpu usage, faster, better drivers, no junky software)

So just marketing hype then.

6 hours ago, JR Tyner said:

So just marketing hype then.

Yes.

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler